Favre a Viking

Brand J

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Farve. He has a job he loves, where most people have to retire at 30, and he wants to play. If someone keep asking you to un retire for $10 million and work at elite company (the Vikes are now Super Bowl contenders), you would all do it in a heartbeart.

How crazy is the Vikes-Packers game going to be at Lambeau? I fear some fat guy is going to choke on their braut screaming at Farve.

Good for Farve. He has a job he loves, where most people have to retire at 30, and he wants to play. If someone keep asking you to un retire for $10 million and work at elite company (the Vikes are now Super Bowl contenders), you would all do it in a heartbeart.

I'm not so sure....yeah, they made the playoffs with Tarvaris Jackson as their QB, but Favre will lose a game or two by forcing a throw into double coverage that gets returned for a TD. This alone is likely to keep the Vikes out of the playoffs.

That said, teams do have to account for him and Petersen. I wonder how much playing in a dome will help him as the season gets into December.

I'm not so sure....yeah, they made the playoffs with Tarvaris Jackson as their QB, but Favre will lose a game or two by forcing a throw into double coverage that gets returned for a TD. This alone is likely to keep the Vikes out of the playoffs.

That said, teams do have to account for him and Petersen. I wonder how much playing in a dome will help him as the season gets into December.

See road wins in NE and Tennessee and 6 tds against the Super Bowl runner ups. The Jets were 4-12 the year before Farve. He is still a good QB and the Vikes are going deep in the playoffs.

at Chicago, December 28th, 8:20pm. Ever seen a rubber ball in liquid nitrogen hit the floor? BINGO.

I don't understand the animosity towards Favre. It doesn't affect you or your team in any way so why should you have anything to say about it?

When it affects my ESPN viewing every single year because the jackass won't make a decision and stand by it, then yeah I tend to get a whole lotta pissy. I mean this guy is a media HOG.

Jesus it's almost a done deal. He just needs to pass the physical!

This guy is such a self centered A-hole it's beyond belief. No, I'm not gonna play. Yes I am. No I'm officially retired. No I'm coming back. No let the Vikings QB's know I'm not coming back and the starting QB job is theirs to battle out. Oops sorry guys I was just effing with ya. I really am coming back aren't you all so lucky to bask in the has been glow of one Brett Favre? :doh::worthy:

This guy has an interesting point about Favre's coming back, again! :rolleyes:

I'm with Matty, I'll take the over for $100 please!

Queue up the Boys II Men "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday"

I know Dean will love that link.

:rolleyes:

That's how I roll.

Here's Bret's wife singing his theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3htQLshCxc

Jesus it's almost a done deal. He just needs to pass the physical!

This guy is such a self centered A-hole it's beyond belief. No, I'm not gonna play. Yes I am. No I'm officially retired. No I'm coming back. No let the Vikings QB's know I'm not coming back and the starting QB job is theirs to battle out. Oops sorry guys I was just effing with ya. I really am coming back aren't you all so lucky to bask in the has been glow of one Brett Favre? :doh::worthy:

This guy has an interesting point about Favre's coming back, again! :rolleyes:

The Vikes keep pursuing Farve. He loves football and was pretty torn on retiring in the first place. I don't fault him one bit and I bet he has a really good year.

Yes, lets pray a future HOF QB gets his career ended by injury because he still wants to play the game. :doh:

I don't want to see him injured I'd much rather see his skills diminish below RJ level and let him leave the game a pathetic embarrassment. It would be really funny if he was second string by mid-season. :rolleyes:

Hmmm...knowing Favre's past, I will believe it when I see him on the field in Cleveland on September 13.

People don't realize that the following "underrated" QBs have all won or led their teams to Super Bowls:

Trent Dilfer

Brad Johnson

David Woodley (!)

Rex Grossman (!!!)

Rich Gannon

Matt Hasselbeck

Tony Eason

Drew Bledsoe

Not a Hall of Famer in that bunch.

The way NFL teams are built these days, you do NOT need a superstar QB to win a Super Bowl. Defense wins championships. The Vikings could have a defense for the ages, with or without Favre.

Personally, I think that Brent's presence could tear a Super Bowl contender apart. It certainly won't help Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels.