To all the losers that stand up throughout every minute of every game.

What a pansy. You are the poster child of a fan of a team that plays in a dome. Then you can wear your khaki's and polo shirt, loafers, order sushi from the concession stand, and then leave midway through the 3rd quarter.

Did someone say Cowboys fan?

Isn't it great when people twist your words to counter a point that you NEVER made.

Isn't there anything in between standing up during every 5 minute TV timeout when nothing is going on and sitting on your hands and being quiet?

Just be cool- consider the other people around you and act like you've been to a game before.

dont expect complex thought on this board...this is lunkhead central

SIT DOWN!

Preseason. Regular season. Time outs. Blow outs.

Yeah, we see ya... you're 21 and drunk.

Wow.

Now grow up and sit down unless there is a reason to stand.

And stop turning to the crowd with your beer in hand and yelling "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! COME ONNNNNNNNN"!

I'm talking to you... tunnel end zone guy.

I stand, but everyone in my section does, especially during the season, not as much the preseason.

But I do hate the guys that turn around and try to pump everyone up. you are annoying, nobody cheers because of you. you also wonder why you get pelted with peanuts when you stand up, its because you are annoying. enjoy the game and face the field.

Simple rules we all can follow:

1. When we are on D: Nobody sits.

You cannot make the same noise you can sitting down as standing up, that is simple physiology. Everyone gets into it more when we are standing, that is simple group dynamics. Standing and yelling/whacking the seats USED to be what everyone did when we were on D, on every down, automatically. I can't believe we even have to go over this one....but whatever. If you don't like standing up and yelling when we are on D...I hear Tiger Woods plays golf...and that somehow that's fun to watch. Perhaps it's time to look into a nice Assisted Living Community for yourself as well.

2. When we are on O: Nobody stands.

This one is tough because as soon as the ball is in the air for a potential long pass....my ass automagically rises out of my seat in direct proportion to how close it is to being caught. This happens whether I am at the game, or in the Bills Backers bar, or my parent's/family's house. I have tried for years, especially given the gallons of beer spilled on myself and others, to curtail my jumping out of my chair - to no avail. But, other than big plays, we should be sitting QUIETLY in our chairs on O. It's ok to cheer on a big play, but this year especially given the no huddle, sit down and shut it as soon as they start lining up for the next one.

3. When we are kicking it away: Nobody stands.

Why do we need to stand up for this? Besides, most of us are either arguing with the Neon Nazis about how close we can smoke, getting beers, or trying not to get pissed on at the pee trough, so most of us aren't around anyway.

4. When we are receiving: Nobody sits.

You are fooling yourself if you think anybody with a pulse is going to be sitting when the ball is kicked to Parrish or McKelvin. If they are, the second that ball gets into their hands, and especially after that first move, everyone is going to be standing anyway.

5. Time outs, and any other time: Who cares?

What are you missing on a time out? Nothing. Plus, everyone is coming and going, so no chance of everyone sitting.

Exceptions:

1. IF it is raining unexpectedly like last year against Seattle, you can't expect people to sign up for instant swamp ass due to sitting in their seat. Yes, this is Buffalo and we all know better, but still, you can't blame people for being optimistic about the weather.

2. IF it is crazy cold...and we know what that is...you can't expect people to sign up for having their rear ends welded to their seats due to condensation. Not everybody has a seat warmer, or remembers to bring the darn thing(me), or can afford club seats, and most of us can still feel how cold the seat is through 3 layers...on crazy cold days.

These seem to form a reasonable compromise: at least half the game, people should be sitting.

Finally, the Ralph has been noticeably less loud than in days past and I lay the blame directly on the club seat people. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a big 3rd down coming up, looking over my shoulder, and seeing all those jackasses sitting down with their arms folded. Kudos to those few of you up there who are constantly trying to get them off their asses when we are on D. You guys are real Bills fans, and keep up the good work.

completely agree with OP. Im all for making noise and having the stands rocking, but you can make just as much noise sitting down during the play.

my father and i have been doing it the same way for over 20 years: when the opposing team breaks huddle, start yelling your lungs out (while sitting). On the snap, everyone in the stadium quiets down anyways in anticipation of whats going to happen. If it's a big play, go ahead and jump up and whatever. but when the play is starting, sick the !@#$ down, no one can see through you and no one cares if you think youre "super fan"

You cannot make the same noise you can sitting down as standing up, that is simple physiology. Everyone gets into it more when we are standing, that is simple group dynamics. Standing and yelling/whacking the seats USED to be what everyone did when we were on D, on every down, automatically. I can't believe we even have to go over this one....but whatever. If you don't like standing up and yelling when we are on D...I hear Tiger Woods plays golf...and that somehow that's fun to watch. Perhaps it's time to look into a nice Assisted Living Community for yourself as well.

This one is tough because as soon as the ball is in the air for a potential long pass....my ass automagically rises out of my seat in direct proportion to how close it is to being caught. This happens whether I am at the game, or in the Bills Backers bar, or my parent's/family's house. I have tried for years, especially given the gallons of beer spilled on myself and others, to curtail my jumping out of my chair - to no avail. But, other than big plays, we should be sitting QUIETLY in our chairs on O. It's ok to cheer on a big play, but this year especially given the no huddle, sit down and shut it as soon as they start lining up for the next one.

Why do we need to stand up for this? Besides, most of us are either arguing with the Neon Nazis about how close we can smoke, getting beers, or trying not to get pissed on at the pee trough, so most of us aren't around anyway.

You are fooling yourself if you think anybody with a pulse is going to be sitting when the ball is kicked to Parrish or McKelvin. If they are, the second that ball gets into their hands, and especially after that first move, everyone is going to be standing anyway.

What are you missing on a time out? Nothing. Plus, everyone is coming and going, so no chance of everyone sitting.

100% agree, I've seen it many times at the Ralph when opposing team offenses have to take time-outs or get a delay of game penalty because they can't get their play calling right because of the noise. But this year when we will be on offense we'll have to be careful with the no-huddle, after a big play they will be lining up right away to keep rolling.

So let's just be smart about it and respect other people too, I like to stand up and get loud while we're on D, but if I'm in front of an older couple, I'll respect them and get loud sitting down. It won't be has fun but I'll still respect them. If I'm with a crazy bunch of fans I'll be right there getting crazy and having fun with them, common sense.

I had someone ask if I was going to be on the cell phone for the whole game . Told him yes if I have to . Alot of times I will call my son or daughter after a big play .Never on very long . the person just pissed me off .The thing being was the seats he was sitting in belong to another season ticket holder that must have sold them to this person .

Some games you stand the whole game . just go with the flow and stop the wine ing .

Sabres yawn, I have been reading this forum for about a year now and your post just had to make me log on and reply for the first time. Listen we only get to do this 7 times a year now. Theres not much that we have left besides the 12th man. Maybe you should sit your a$$ at home during the games. To the rest of the people jumping around and screaming keep making a difference and come to the games. Keep being crazy and stand up even if it pisses someone off. Tell them to get up. If we want to sit we'll wait for an away game and watch it from home.

Exceptions:

1. IF it is raining unexpectedly like last year against Seattle, you can't expect people to sign up for instant swamp ass due to sitting in their seat. Yes, this is Buffalo and we all know better, but still, you can't blame people for being optimistic about the weather.

2. IF it is crazy cold...and we know what that is...you can't expect people to sign up for having their rear ends welded to their seats due to condensation. Not everybody has a seat warmer, or remembers to bring the darn thing(me), or can afford club seats, and most of us can still feel how cold the seat is through 3 layers...on crazy cold days.

These seem to form a reasonable compromise: at least half the game, people should be sitting.

Finally, the Ralph has been noticeably less loud than in days past and I lay the blame directly on the club seat people. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a big 3rd down coming up, looking over my shoulder, and seeing all those jackasses sitting down with their arms folded. Kudos to those few of you up there who are constantly trying to get them off their asses when we are on D. You guys are real Bills fans, and keep up the good work.

great post! :blink:

I'm sorry, but I sit in the Tunnel End Zone and haven't noticed this problem before. Actually, I myself get pissed off when I see a bunch of people sitting on their asses when our defense is on the field. I'm one of the types that gets up and cheers for our Defense and gets loud on all our defensive plays and if you tell me to sit down, I'll tell you to shut your mouth. If you don't like it. Stay home! We need fans who are going to be there doing there part, cheering their heads off and making noise to screw up the opponent's offense.

Now, when the offense is on the field, I sit in my seat and try to keep quiet, except for one thing...If our offense makes a big play, I will jump up and cheer the play and get excited. When our special teams is on the field, I will get up and cheer sometimes too. But the other half of the game (When our offense is on the field and timeouts), I will stay seated. Again....if you have a problem with this, STAY HOME! You can always sit on your ass and quietly watch the game at home.

My pet peeves are when people stay seated on 3rd down for our defense and/or tell me to sit down. I also can't stand when morons start the wave when our team is on offense. The wave annoys me big time, but it really annoys me when our offense is on the field. Oh and the final thing... don't cheer and get loud when Trent Edwards and the offense is on the field, especially when they are still at the line. SHUT THE !@#$ UP and wait until the play happens.

Isn't it great when people twist your words to counter a point that you NEVER made.

Been there many times on this board. Seems to be a lot of users with reading comprehesion problems - or maybe it's just the ones who shoot from the hip and don't take the time to comprehend.

Reminder: the topic was about the jerks that stand and carelessley obtruct other's view from start to finish.

I'm with you 100%. Touched a nerve with this topic.

It's expected that during moments of exhaltation you're going to rise from your seat. It's a completely natural reaction.

The problem occurs when some hyperactive or attention-seeking nitwit stands throughout the event, with no consideration to the women, children, elderly, short of stature, less able-bodied, or anyone else seated behind them, to whom they've created an unwelcome inconvenience.

If you want to stand so bad, get seats in the last couple of rows. They're ususally the last to be available.

I was at the opener last year. I'm in the second row of the upper deck at The Ralph. I'm with my 9 year old nephew, who is struggling to see past the three foul-mouthed "gentleman" standing up nearly the whole game - in the front row of the upper deck!

Here we are, trying to pass on our love of the Bills experience to the next generation, and instead, it becomes a day-long struggle to look between their gyrating torsos. Our only other choice is to watch the big screen. Could have stayed home and gotten that experience with less headache.

It's the same wherever you go. I stopped going to see rock shows because it seemed no matter where you sat, there was bound to be some obnoxious drunk or stone a-hole in close proximity. I'm not advocating Sunday church pew silence and attention - just a little consideration. It is possible to be exhuberant andstill be civil and respectful to the people around you.

Exceptions:

Excellent post. :blink:

These are great rules to go by. For myself it is usually a little simpler. If the people in front of me stand, I stand. If they sit, I sit. If it turns out I am standing the whole game, so be it. The only exception is when there is a big play I automatically jump up too and as someone else on this board posted I tend to also do this even from my couch. I don't see why this should bother people so much. And I agree with another poster that it is even more annoying to hear people yelling for other people to sit down. Every time I hear that I think to myself "Have you ever been to a sporting event/concert before in your life?" That is the way it goes for these events so if you don't like it the no-brainer is just stay home.

All I have to say to people who complain on a message board about this is to do something about it. It happened to me at only 1 game last year fans complained the people were told to be seated didnt comply then were threatened that they would be removed by security and they remained seated the rest of the game if you dont feel like alerting staff in person call the number on the damn screen they flash 10 times. I hate whiny 5year olds who cry about thing like this as much as people who disrupt games

the way I see it is:

If the majority of the section is standing, its OK. Esp if the Bills are on defense.

If your in the back row its OK.

If someone asks you to sit and you arent obstructed by another stander, you should sit.

big plays, good happenings, etc everyone who can should get their asses up.

I also can't stand when morons start the wave when our team is on offense. The wave annoys me big time, but it really annoys me when our offense is on the field. Oh and the final thing... don't cheer and get loud when Trent Edwards and the offense is on the field, especially when they are still at the line. SHUT THE !@#$ UP and wait until the play happens.

Anyone who starts the wave when the Bills have the ball should be immediately removed from the stadium. If they do it when the other team has the ball, just feel sorry for them. :wacko:

I hate it when there is ACTION on the field and people decide that is the best time to walk down those narrow rows, disturbing everyone they walk in front of, to go get another beer, or some food. These people must have no brains or manners at all.

For the most part, having attended games for about 45 years now, not much surprises me or gets me upset. :blink: I just love being at the game.

Sabres yawn, I have been reading this forum for about a year now and your post just had to make me log on and reply for the first time. Listen we only get to do this 7 times a year now. Theres not much that we have left besides the 12th man. Maybe you should sit your a$$ at home during the games. To the rest of the people jumping around and screaming keep making a difference and come to the games. Keep being crazy and stand up even if it pisses someone off. Tell them to get up. If we want to sit we'll wait for an away game and watch it from home.

Have you read the 2009 stadium guide? Be Loud Be Proud BE CONSIDERATE! You might want to read the Fan Code Of conduct. EXCESSIVE STANDING Immediate EJECTION.

I don't mind people standing, in the back row where they can't obstruct someone else s view.

It is kinda like the moron who wears a gigantic hat and thinks its cool... have some courtesy and remove the hat during the game.

Perhaps it is the moron who likes to get wasted at a game and offend everyone around him except the other drunks.