Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a weak spot for big, shiny silver trophies you can drink beer from.

And yet you pick the Bills over the Stillers. Serious lack of judgement there. :doh:

(yes, I know you can't drink a beer out of the Lombardi but you could use it as an opener!)

"about the head and face" is just one of those great phrases ....

It reminds me of the classic Jack Tors quote:

"I'm only scarred about the face, breast, chest, neck, and head. Other than that I look fine - a little makeup conceals everything."

Who suggested someone was locked in a cab "in lieu of payment"? The cabbie often keeps the door locked during the payment process.

No Payment=doors locked

Payment made=doors unlocked

Sure sounds like locked in cab in lieu of payment. Never had a cabbie lock the door until I paid. Maybe I look a little more trustworthy.

And yet you pick the Bills over the Stillers. Serious lack of judgement there. :doh:

(yes, I know you can't drink a beer out of the Lombardi but you could use it as an opener!)

I disliked the home-state Steelers long before I became a Bills fan. In fact, I grew up a Raiders fan in large part because they managed to beat Pittsburgh on a regular basis, temporarily shutting up all the bandwagoneers around here. (That, and their cool silver-and-black uniforms.)

Didn't even bother walking up to the Lombardi displayed at the Hall yesterday.

The Kane's were (according to cabbie) vague about which address to be dropped off at. This is common among college kids and other jerks who plan to jump out at a fake address...kinda like "chew and screw". Cabbie's have decided to keep the doors locked until fare is paid.

Kane's probably got pissed...maybe they were going to open the door and run (typical punk, cocky kid move). They felt imprisoned, wanted every cent of their change back. Cabbie probably got mouthy about it. The Kane's flipped out a bit.

Now it comes out that cabbie has had two DUI's in his past and was driving with no license. Cabbie's lawyer knows this stuff will come out, along with locking the doors... he wants to downplay the incident, get a nice settlement for the cabbie and move on.

Cabbie has probably done this a hundred times, no problem. The alocohol induced cocky Kane's probably felt dis-respected. Afterall, he's a big time hockey player don't ya know??? not some punk Canisius College students.

Pay the cabbie, do some community service and move on. I think Kane has and will suffer enough in the court of public opinion.

You don't like dealing with the "ride and dash" client, don't work the route. And sounds like the cabbie may have been working illegally anyway so he could work any damn route he wanted.

Nothing new there, Lori - just the sworn affidavit of the recidivist drunk cabbie, with no supporting depositions.

I think a ripped $5 bill in pocket of the defendant is a bit more than circumstantial.

I think a local charity needs to sponsor a promotion for when the Blackhawks play at HSBC. Everyone bring their loose change to the game and throw it on the ice. Maybe after Kane's first shift...everyone let it rip.

Thousands of dollars I tell ya....thousands.

I think a ripped $5 bill in pocket of the defendant is a bit more than circumstantial.

I think a local charity needs to sponsor a promotion for when the Blackhawks play at HSBC. Everyone bring their loose change to the game and throw it on the ice. Maybe after Kane's first shift...everyone let it rip.

Thousands of dollars I tell ya....thousands.

Who had the other half? Why wouldn't the recidivist drunk cabbie give the young men their change?

No Payment=doors locked

Payment made=doors unlocked

Sure sounds like locked in cab in lieu of payment. Never had a cabbie lock the door until I paid. Maybe I look a little more trustworthy.

Anyone with a half a brain and some efficiency is already pulling the cash out of their wallet as they approach their destination. The fare is $13.20 as you turn down the street......you know it isn't going to go up more than a dollar....you hand the $20 to the cabbie as he brakes in front of the destination..."Keep the change" or "Two bucks back is good" will suffice....BOOM! You are out of the cab, fully paid approx. 3 seconds after arrival.

That is how 99% of my cab rides have gone....even when bombed and with 5 friends in the cab.

The only time you have to fear a cabbie locking the doors on you is if you are in a strange city and the guy pulls down some alley in the middle of nowhere. A 62 year old in your hometown doesn't quite fit my description as "menacing".

Who had the other half? Why wouldn't the recidivist drunk cabbie give the young men their change?

I guess the Kane's should have called the cops and filed the report then.

I know if I rape someone....the first thing I do is call the cops and file a report on the rapee....just to make her look like the bad one.

1st, why are certain people, named The Dean, continually saying "Kane" as if there was only one Kane involved? Is there a verified report that it was indeed Patrick who hit the cabbie? Or is it that the cabbie is alleging that "one of them" hit him?

and also Deano, your melodramatic use of "beat down", etc... is a bit much.

1st, why are certain people, named The Dean, continually saying "Kane" as if there was only one Kane involved? Is there a verified report that it was indeed Patrick who hit the cabbie? Or is it that the cabbie is alleging that "one of them" hit him?

and also Deano, your melodramatic use of "beat down", etc... is a bit much.

Read the police report linked by Lori.

Both of them grabbed and hit him, with enough action to break his glasses.

The dude is 62.....and Kane is a world class athlete along with his 20 something, 6'4" cousin. I think anyone with a shred of common sense can see the momentum of the situation. Best case scenario is that Kane is a douchebag. 1) Bad tipper for ANY person 2) Horrible tipper for millionaire kid 3) Power play...offended for cabbie not knowing who he was 4) Disrespect of the elderly 5) Burglary 6) Innocent bystander called 911

I didn't know anything about the guy really, but the "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH" is the telltale sign that someone is being a punk and thinks they are above the law, or basic behavioral clauses for a regular member of society. The cabbie, like many, isn't squeaky clean.....but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Kane boys look like pure punks.