Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

Question to the board: What's worse?

1) Getting caught with a loaded handgun in the trunk of your car?

2) Beating up a defenseless cab driver with the help of your cousin and then robbing him?

I'm interested in the social experiment sort of way, if the same righteous indignation that was shown Marshawn Lynch for his indiscretions by some on this board (called "ghetto thug" by some) will be shown towards local boy Patrick Kane......

I don't know if he's from the ghetto, but Kane is obviously a thug. He'd be serving 2-5 years if I was in charge.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick Kane sounds like he needs to get his act together. I have it on good authority that he was at a party near Sunset Bay on July 4th weekend and several people I know said he was having sex with this chick on the front lawn of the house, in broad daylight.

Now the girl is complicit in this and I'm all for every guy getting his share but WTF sort of behavior is this? What reason would you feel the need to publicly have sex? Either your ego is out of control or you're drunk as hell. Or both. The indications are that Patrick needs to take a good, long look at himself in the mirror.

I have heard similar stories about him. Not as outrageous as yours, but certainly things that he would not want revealed.

I don't know if he's from the ghetto, but Kane is obviously a thug. He'd be serving 2-5 years if I was in charge.

What do you mean... South BFLO surely has a ghetto mentality, not just the East side. Sure I will take slack for this, but some of the worst mentality has always come out of South BFLO. Yet, some will only see racial colors and say: "we are better." :thumbsup::w00t:

Like I said, I like Kane... I think he WAS great for BFLO... Now this... Go figure... Through the years, the more and more stories come about him... The more and more you see the spin machine in place. Maybe he wasn't a Marinovich right of the bat and maybe he never will be. But, I could never put my finger on it... Something isn't right. The kid was made a star in the purest form. Yes, he came from sort of humble root... Not really, it took a ton of money to put him where he is now. Money many of us may have not been able to secure for such an endeavor?? Of course it was parental sacrifice, which is GOOD! Maybe he will get his act togeher and finally start to follow the script laid out for him... I hope. It is is his life now and there can be no lashing out. He's crossed the Rubicon

Sounds like someone has some personal experience stiffing cab drivers on their tip. Their job is more dangerous then a cops IMO.

Nice assumption there. Personally, I don't trust them. I've seen cabbies demand a larger tip when the fare came out to 6 and change and I gave them a 10. Most of them, from my experience, are money gougers. Obviously that doesn't excuse the actions of the Kanes, but I think it's pretty clear that the story was exaggerated a bit. They always are.

Question to the board: What's worse?

1) Getting caught with a loaded handgun in the trunk of your car?

2) Beating up a defenseless cab driver with the help of your cousin and then robbing him?

I'm interested in the social experiment sort of way, if the same righteous indignation that was shown Marshawn Lynch for his indiscretions by some on this board (called "ghetto thug" by some) will be shown towards local boy Patrick Kane......

#2 is an overt violent action against a fellow human.

#1 us a simple, non violent violation of a state/community law.

It isn't even a question of which is worse, IMO.

Why, because a drunk arrogant !@#$ with money broke his glasses?

Sure, why not? Why should the drunk, arrogant POS deserve all that money when it apparently makes him think he is entitled to assault people for no reason? Cause he can ice skate? I say f--- him. If I was on the jury I'd give the cabby every penny he wanted.

Sure, why not? Why should the drunk, arrogant POS deserve all that money when it apparently makes him think he is entitled to assault people for no reason? Cause he can ice skate? I say f--- him. If I was on the jury I'd give the cabby every penny he wanted.

Oh come on man. He broke his !@#$ing glasses. He didn't ass rape the guy's dog.

Tell you what, let's take whatever the average sentence is for a comparable crime and apply it. Sound fair? With no record, what does someone get for mugging a taxi driver?

I'm not sure where the mugging thing comes from. Even the driver's story makes it clear that this isn't what happened. The only actual mentioning of money was the torn $5 bill they found on the cousin, so how exactly does that implicate Pat Kane, an accomplice? I can't see that charge ever standing, especially when we're talking about $5 and a professional athlete with an $850K plus incentives salary. Assualt? Fine, but mugging is more than a stretch.

I'm not sure where the mugging thing comes from. Even the driver's story makes it clear that this isn't what happened. The only actual mentioning of money was the torn $5 bill they found on the cousin, so how exactly does that implicate Pat Kane, an accomplice? I can't see that charge ever standing, especially when we're talking about $5 and a professional athlete with an $850K plus incentives salary. Assualt? Fine, but mugging is more than a stretch.

Not sure what relevance his salary has, but what does the average person get for assaulting a person? Honest question.