Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

Wow! What a douche! Did anybody see the cabby?... He was speaking out on the 10 o'clock Chicago news... Some old BFLO, ahem Polish looking guy. I will just leave that angle alone.

Stuff like this never happens to hockey players... :wallbash::w00t:

I used to think that it would be great to see Kane in a Sabres jersey some day then he does something as wrong as this. On top of it, he is a million dollar tight wad. <_<

20 cents? WTF?

Kids in the ghetto don't take action on people for more. Cabbie: "I go by crack houses and I don't have that problem," he said. The cabbie mentioned how Cansius students in the area notoriously jump and run from fares.

And Sage... Even if he was drunk out of his gourd, what does that say about what kind of drunk he is?... Oh, I will just leave that angle alone too.

Can't wait for the hockey fan boys to come riding to poor Pat and Jame's rescue! How many game suspension should they get? :lol:

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it changes anything, but I guarantee that the cabbie made that part up. They paid him and then he didn't offer them any change at all (yeah, that whole extra dollar, big deal), then it got ugly. Those cabbies just assume they're keepign the money the second you hand it to them. He created that little detail about the 20 cents so they'd look even worse than they already do.

Dude... You actually defending the Kane brothers?

13.80 fare... Even my poor working class ass drops the guy a 20 spot. It is called CLASS.

I hope the cabby bleeds Kane for MILLIONS!

Thank God there was a witness or the two would have totally got away with rolling a 60 year hometown cabbie:

During the payment dispute, the driver said James Kane, who was sitting behind him, "sucker-punched" him from behind.

At that point Patrick Kane "punched me in the head. He says, 'You don't know who you're [fooling] with! You don't know who you're [fooling] with, [expletive]! And he kept pounding and pounding on me," the driver said.

A witness saw the attack and called police.

WTF?? Give the cabbie $15 and go home to sleep, end of story. You really have to be unbelievably stupid to ask for your change and start beating up the guy when he's 20 cents short!! Can't wait to see how much that 20 cents will eventually end up costing him, what a dumbass...

I thought the article that Bucky Gleason wrote about him when he scored a hat trick in the playoffs was strange. Strange in that Gleason put this out there and then just left it there in the article. He's talking about the morning of the hat trick starting off bad when he was late for practice and then this:

And then it got worse. He was driving home from the United Center when a car about 100 feet in front of him cut off another driver, slammed on the brakes and struck two pedestrians. Kane slowed down for the accident but never stopped, allowing the others to attend to the victims on the side of the road.

For reasons he couldn't entirely explain, he drove home and slept for three hours. Maybe it was from the sleeping pill he had taken two days earlier. Maybe he was exhausted from a full season and two grueling playoff rounds. Maybe it was a 20-year-old enjoying nothing more than a good snooze for a 20-year-old. Regardless, he crashed.

"When I came to the rink, I kind of had a funny feeling," he said. "It was weird, but I thought something [good] was going to happen."

Not that it changes anything, but I guarantee that the cabbie made that part up. They paid him and then he didn't offer them any change at all (yeah, that whole extra dollar, big deal), then it got ugly. Those cabbies just assume they're keepign the money the second you hand it to them. He created that little detail about the 20 cents so they'd look even worse than they already do.

Sounds like someone has some personal experience stiffing cab drivers on their tip. Their job is more dangerous then a cops IMO.

Now if he gets convicted:

§ 160.10 Robbery in the second degree.

A person is guilty of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly

steals property and when:

1. He is aided by another person actually present; or

2. In the course of the commission of the crime or of immediate flight

therefrom, he or another participant in the crime:

(a) Causes physical injury to any person who is not a participant in

the crime; or

(b) Displays what appears to be a pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun,

machine gun or other firearm; or

3. The property consists of a motor vehicle, as defined in section one

hundred twenty-five of the vehicle and traffic law.

Robbery in the second degree is a class C felony.

(ii) for a class C felony, the term shall be at least one year and

shall not exceed five and one-half years

§ 70.15 Sentences of imprisonment for misdemeanors and violation.

1. Class A misdemeanor. A sentence of imprisonment for a class A

misdemeanor shall be a definite sentence. When such a sentence is

imposed the term shall be fixed by the court, and shall not exceed one

year; provided, however, that a sentence of imprisonment imposed upon a

conviction of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as

defined in subdivision one of section 265.01 must be for a period of no

less than one year when the conviction was the result of a plea of

guilty entered in satisfaction of an indictment or any count thereof

charging the defendant with the class D violent felony offense of

criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree as defined in

subdivision four of section 265.02, except that the court may impose any

other sentence authorized by law upon a person who has not been

previously convicted in the five years immediately preceding the

commission of the offense for a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined

in this chapter, if the court having regard to the nature and

circumstances of the crime and to the history and character of the

defendant, finds on the record that such sentence would be unduly harsh

and that the alternative sentence would be consistent with public safety

and does not deprecate the seriousness of the crime.

I suspect the cousin takes the fall. :thumbsup:<_<

They took the money back after paying the cabbie... Why didn't they just leave the money there!! :lol::thumbsup:

Exiled - you seem to be really onto this story. Being in IL, had you heard about the thing I posted above, where he just kept going and let others help the hurt pedestrians?

This news is bigger than I thought. I just heard it talked about on espn radio, and earlier they were talking about it on fox sports radio. And, it's still the lead story on the right side of the front page of espn.com, where it's been all day.

If you expect a cabbie to hand back anything of $15 on a $13.80 fare....you are an !@#$.

Kane would be a perfect Sabre.

Patrick Kane sounds like he needs to get his act together. I have it on good authority that he was at a party near Sunset Bay on July 4th weekend and several people I know said he was having sex with this chick on the front lawn of the house, in broad daylight.

Now the girl is complicit in this and I'm all for every guy getting his share but WTF sort of behavior is this? What reason would you feel the need to publicly have sex? Either your ego is out of control or you're drunk as hell. Or both. The indications are that Patrick needs to take a good, long look at himself in the mirror.

Exiled - you seem to be really onto this story. Being in IL, had you heard about the thing I posted above, where he just kept going and let others help the hurt pedestrians?

This news is bigger than I thought. I just heard it talked about on espn radio, and earlier they were talking about it on fox sports radio. And, it's still the lead story on the right side of the front page of espn.com, where it's been all day.

I never heard that story... Some reason I missed it! Don't get me wrong, I like Kane... But through the years the more and more I heard his story and how they spin it is rather irksome to me. It is anything but... It took a ton of money to build him where he is and he has seemed to self-destruct at times, which is truly said... The NHL and BlackHawks will spin. What gets me is that this is a pretty bad offense and shameful... It will get blown off as South BFLO boyz being boyz which is sad! Yet the other sports and the kids in the ghetto get all the slack by the hockey fan boys. Don't even get me started on other issues. Not exactly PC but the ethinic (and I am talking SAME racial color here) divide has always been deep in BFLO. Kane fits very well into the South Side (Chicago) Irish mentality here.

/rant

If you expect a cabbie to hand back anything of $15 on a $13.80 fare....you are an !@#$.

Kane would be a perfect Sabre.

Exactly. And ashamed. My pizza bill at work comes to more. I am appalled and ashamed... First great player from BFLO and he is douche. Who could have figured (sarcasm).

This kind of civil unrest should not be tolerated....It is pure thuggery.

This is how the Kanes will spin it... It will revolve around the cabbie locking the doors. On the Chicago News, they had the cabbie talking and how "Canisus" students tend to stiff him... He specifically used Canisus College. Here is how they will spin it... Make it seem like the cabbie had it coming:

One guy pays and the other guy grabs me by the throat — Patrick Kane. Turns out to be a hockey player. I didn’t know who they were,” the 62-year-old cabdriver, identified only as “J.R.,” told WIVB television in Buffalo. The cabdriver had initially locked the doors and refused to let the young men out until they paid, owing to bad experiences with “college kids,” he said.

Things I read (Sun-Times):

Tough-guy act doesn't befit Kane

"Kane has a curiously large number of critics despite having won the Calder Trophy and being a key figure in the team's run to the Western Conference finals last season. Knowing Kane's reputation for avoiding contact, his naysayers are probably surprised the 62-year-old cab driver didn't pull Kane's sweater over his head before ending the fracas."

"All this negative publicity over a buck twenty? Even ''Dollar'' Bill Wirtz was a better tipper."

Kane reportedly has entered a plea of not guilty. If this case goes to trial, those who believe he is less star than product of NHL rule changes meant to encourage more speed and scoring might suggest he show the jury his career highlights to prove he is incapable of causing bodily harm. Then again, he could've avoided the whole ugly episode had he uttered three simple words that every millionaire athlete should use in such situations: Keep the change.

Oh my! They will be merciless in the big market!

EDIT: Oh, seems the BlackHawks' offical board has melted down... Or is it just maint! :lol:

Back in 1985 it was 2 bucks... Now in 2009 it is 20 cents... Must be the recession!

Gee Johnny I don't have a dime, sorry... Didn't ask for a dime!

:thumbsup:

Patty Kane...what a D-bag. It's embarrasing that they even asked for change in the first place. Sounds like the typical alcohol induced "i wanna f*ck someone up if they look at me wrong" response.

Yep, another young punk who has too much money & thinks the world should kiss his ass. I doubt anything will come of this legally, but he just pretty much ruined his whole reputation here in WNY over a lousy 20 cents. F*ck him, it is a**holes like him that are starting to make me turn away from sports.

Question to the board: What's worse?

1) Getting caught with a loaded handgun in the trunk of your car?

2) Beating up a defenseless cab driver with the help of your cousin and then robbing him?

I'm interested in the social experiment sort of way, if the same righteous indignation that was shown Marshawn Lynch for his indiscretions by some on this board (called "ghetto thug" by some) will be shown towards local boy Patrick Kane......

Some twenty year old people really screw up. This one did. Then, some of these people grow up. Kane needs to grow up and make better choices, obviously. Fame and fortune have come too fast for this guy. Kane will have to face this for a long time. And he should. I bet his family is really giving it to him right about now. The worst part is that usually when a twenty year old screws up, parents can dole out some sort of punishment. But this twenty year old is a millionaire NHL hockey player. I am not sure how the family should deal with the kid. But you can be sure the family dinner table is quite tense about now.

And the students at Canisius should also grow up.

Once again, TO is looking more and more like a boy scout.