Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

Not sure what relevance his salary has, but what does the average person get for assaulting a person? Honest question.

I mention the salary because I can't see how a jury would ever buy it, especially since he wasn't the one with the money (unless there's other money I haven't seen mentioned anywhere). As for the assault, I don't have a clue.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mention the salary because I can't see how a jury would ever buy it, especially since he wasn't the one with the money (unless there's other money I haven't seen mentioned anywhere). As for the assault, I don't have a clue.

So if 3 months is the average, you will support that?

So if 3 months is the average, you will support that?

If he threw punches, sure. I'd rather hear a bit more of the story as opposed to the initial lynch mob mentality that came out in day one.

Couple of misdemeanors. Could get a year. No record and a good lawyer, probably get community service. The cabbies lawyer, yes that's correct, is now saying it was blown out of proportion by the media. The whole thing is messed up. At minimum Kane is a bad tipper.

Couple of misdemeanors. Could get a year. No record and a good lawyer, probably get community service. The cabbies lawyer, yes that's correct, is now saying it was blown out of proportion by the media. The whole thing is messed up. At minimum Kane is a bad tipper.

i smell a deal.....

i smell a deal.....

Especially when this is what the cab driver's attorney is saying. I don't know if I've ever heard a victim's attorney ever be so mellow one day after the incident:

Asked if the case would end up as a felony, he said: "Absolutely not."

"I think we should be able to work things out," he added.

Not sure what relevance his salary has, but what does the average person get for assaulting a person? Honest question.

You mean outside the "Kennedy Syndrome?" IE: Use money and infuence to bail your children out at all cost, then polish the turd of a child hoping all will be better and they learned a valuble lesson.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

The Kanes are living it to a tee. Not exactly drowning a young lady, but assault by the average person will get you some doo doo.

Like I said early on and what flat out happend... Go back and see for yourself.

The cabbie locked the Kanes in the cab and wanted payment first becuase of being on Eastwood and getting stiffed in the past. He didn't recognize Kane and Kane took umbrage to being locked in and having to pay first. This is probably why he said the things about "know who the bleep I am."

Who phucking cares Pat, pay up and the cabbie unlocks the door! Why did they have to beat the driver.

Cambria is gonna make a push on this argument and that is why some lawyers are scum!

Just pay up and you can leave. What is so threatening about that? :thumbsup::wallbash:

The big thing as I pointed out too earlier in the thread was why did they take the money back? Why didn't they just leave it there after the beat down?

And... Really isn't this more about assualt? Why aren't they charged with that?

The only logical thing I can see with this is that cabs should be PRE-PAID before you even go dwon the road... Whe have computers, they can estimate how much a fare will be... You pay more, then get change back... In this case, douchebag Kane still would have squabbled over 20 cents.

So in the the end:

1. Still doesn't justify a beat down (assualt which is felony right?)

2. Why the heck is he not a big tipper?

3. Why not put the driver at ease and at least have your money out early... One can easily see what is onthe meter! And not a c-note, most people don't live in a c-note world usless you keep the change... Let alone a fifty... Let alone a cabbie making big change! :P Just shows you how out of touch Kane is, IMO.

Still no excuse for the assualt. IMO, it was a "status" thing with the Kanes and they got all up in arms when the driver didn't recognize them and fellate them for being stars.

;)

Looks like 20 cent is off the hook, the cabbie doesn't have a valid license!

Jan Radecki, 62, of Lombard Street, has had a cab license in the City of Buffalo since May 1996 and became licensed with the city for a Chrysler minivan in 2003. Radecki's driver's license, however, was revoked in December 1998 after he refused to submit to a chemical test, according to state Department of Motor Vehicle records. He was issued a conditional license by the agency after the incident.

I don't know what to make of this... Was he driving 20 cent in a CAR?

:thumbsup:

Yes, if any of this is true Kane is at least a crappy tipper, and likely worse than that.

As a former bartender, I think a being a bad tipper qualifies as a major civil offense. $200,000 to the cabbie!

I don't know if he's from the ghetto, but Kane is obviously a thug. He'd be serving 2-5 years if I was in charge.

Beating up some 62 year old cabbie at 5 am? If convicted he should be suspended for most of a season. Which would be okay because he would be spending at least part of that time in the Erie County Holding Center. Drunken POS. As for the Olympic team? Let's put this one up as Honor or Disgrace.

As always, there are at least two sides to every story...

"The city cab driver who has accused National Hockey League star Patrick Kane and his cousin of robbing and attacking him Sunday morning has two drunken driving convictions and had no valid driver's license at the time of the incident, The Buffalo News has learned."

Link - Buffalo Snooze article

My take - recidivist drunk operating cab illegally without license locks two kids in the back of his cab - apparently a common practice among BuffTown hacks who often get stiffed on the fare transporting college kids from the ChipStrip. They get pissed, hand him $15 for the $13.80 fare and demand the $1.20 change that aforementioned recidivist drunk thought he'd just pocket. (Certainly they're not going to tip him for treating them like schitt.) Then the trouble starts.

If illegal cab driver had not locked them in, he probably would have ended up with his fare and a nice tip. Stupid hack brought it on himself and this will be settled very quietly with a very small payout, if any at all.

Next case...

As always, there at at least two sides to every story...

"The city cab driver who has accused National Hockey League star Patrick Kane and his cousin of robbing and attacking him Sunday morning has two drunken driving convictions and had no valid driver's license at the time of the incident, The Buffalo News has learned."

Link - Buffalo Snooze article

My take - recidivist drunk operating cab illegally without license locks two kids in the back of his cab, they get pissed, hand him $15 for the $13.80 fare and demand the $1.20 change that aforementioned recidivist drunk thought he'd just pocket. (Certainly they're not going to tip him for treating them like schitt.) Then the trouble starts.

If illegal cab driver had not locked them in, he probably would have ended up with his fare and a nice tip. Stupid hack brought it on himself and this will be settled very quietly with a very small payout, if any at all.

Weren't there witnesses to the attack? I don't care if the driver was an illegal alien (or an actual alien), drunk and high on smack. If Kane participated in a violent beat down on the cabbie, over a measly 20 cents (or $1.20) he needs to pay some penalty. A quick agreement between the parties, $200,000 or so to the caggie, ought to do the trick.

As for "your take", that's the biggest bunch of BS I have heard in quite a while. They were actually going to tip him quite well, but didn't because he didn't return the $1.20 change. Sure, that makes a LOT of sense, Sen.