We should trade Roscoe to the falcons,

freester

I'm still holding out hope that we will find a way to get Roscoe the ball 5-10 times a game around here. Whether it be in the Wildcat, or reverses, or WR screens, or slants I don't care. The guy is lightining with the ball in his hands and can make plays. He's been underutilized here.

I 100% agree. Roscoe is way under utilized. The Patriots and Bears have found different ways to put Wes Welker and Devin Hester in position to make plays...Roscoe who is similar should have more touches on this offense to move the chains.

Isn't Roscoe similar to Steve Tasker at WR. We were able to move Tasker seamlessly into a fine wideout when Andre Reed went down due to the Victor Green hit.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots and Bears have found different ways to put Wes Welker and Devin Hester in position to make plays...Roscoe who is similar should have more touches on this offense to move the chains.

Isn't Roscoe similar to Steve Tasker at WR. We were able to move Tasker seamlessly into a fine wideout when Andre Reed went down due to the Victor Green hit.

Parrish is listed at 171 lbs. I'll take them at their word on that. Walker and Hester are listed at 185 lbs and 190 lbs respectively. Both are considerably thicker than Roscoe. Fourteen - Nineteen pounds of muscle makes a big difference on a 5'7" - 5'9" frame. Roscoe is elusive, and never seems to take the big hit, but if he's used more and more in the passing game, it's only a matter of time before he's broke in half.

This speaks nothing of his receiving skills, which at best have been described as sub-par. He can't free him self from bump and run coverage and gets lost in the middle of the field due to his diminutive stature. He has also been descibed as having a hard time grasping the offense and figuring out where he is supposed to be on the field. If he's running around out there without a clue, it's going to screw up the whole offense.

Parrish is listed at 171 lbs. I'll take them at their word on that. Walker and Hester are listed at 185 lbs and 190 lbs respectively. Both are considerably thicker than Roscoe. Fourteen - Nineteen pounds of muscle makes a big difference on a 5'7" - 5'9" frame. Roscoe is elusive, and never seems to take the big hit, but if he's used more and more in the passing game, it's only a matter of time before he's broke in half.

This speaks nothing of his receiving skills, which at best have been described as sub-par. He can't free him self from bump and run coverage and gets lost in the middle of the field due to his diminutive stature. He has also been descibed as having a hard time grasping the offense and figuring out where he is supposed to be on the field. If he's running around out there without a clue, it's going to screw up the whole offense.

Perfectly said Ink

This is true.

Parrish would be useless in the slot/running slants. He gets splattered if he catches the ball.

He's not Welker. He's not Tasker--those are tough guys.

When his defender is on him before the ball is in his hands (i.e., when he is lining up as WR), the "electicity" rarely is swithced on.

Fixed.

There are a lot of "punt catchers" in the NFL. Roscoe isn't one of them.

Dean, thanks for correcting that ridiculous post. Maybe he should take a look at Roscoe's return average before commenting. Returners like Parrish change field position which can make or break a game.

Dean, thanks for correcting that ridiculous post. Maybe he should take a look at Roscoe's return average before commenting. Returners like Parrish change field position which can make or break a game.

we should trade him to the falcons cause they are desperate now that they lost there only receiver to ACL and white is still holding out cause he knows they need him more than ever now

You have articulated the situation very well.

This is true.

Parrish would be useless in the slot/running slants. He gets splattered if he catches the ball.

He's not Welker. He's not Tasker--those are tough guys.

When his defender is on him before the ball is in his hands (i.e., when he is lining up as WR), the "electicity" rarely is swithced on.

I think you raise a legitimate point about his size and therefore his ability to stay healthy. Tasker was a good punt returner when he did it, but was not in Roscoe's class. Tasker was mainly a special teams guy but played reciever sparingly towards the end of his career. If i remember correctly, he ended up getting hurt because of it.

Rather than repeat everything that I have posted on the subject, I will incorporate by reference all of my previous posts responding to people who repeatedly love to trash Roscoe.

In a nutshell, we should keep Roscoe. Field position (especially for our offense) is extremely important. Also, I would love to see how defenses plan on defending TO, Lee, Roscoe, and/or Josh when they are out there together.

we should trade him to the falcons cause they are desperate now that they lost there their only receiver to ACL and white is still holding out cause he knows they need him more than ever now

We shouldn't give him away. He may be unhappy, but if we don't get a good draft pick in return (3rd round), why should we degrade our special teams? A little receiving depth is not a bad thing. I think he'll get over his being unhappy. An improved offense this year will mean more balls to go around. He does need to face reality though that he's not all that as a receiver.

Rather than repeat everything that I have posted on the subject, I will incorporate by reference all of my previous posts responding to people who repeatedly love to trash Roscoe.

In a nutshell, we should keep Roscoe. Field position (especially for our offense) is extremely important. Also, I would love to see how defenses plan on defending TO, Lee, Roscoe, and/or Josh when they are out there together.

I agree, great punt returners can change games. Also, I doubt that Atlanta would be willing to part with much in return. At this point I am not sold on Parrish as a reciever. I'm not sure if it's the coaching not putting him in a position to use his ability, or him. I do admit I would like to see him in this new offense.He shows such great ability on punt returns that I want so bad to see that ability work in the offense. I hope they keep him, But I think its a make or break year for him if he wants to prove he can be a reciever in this league.

I would have traded him before the draft, where it could have helped the team if the FO wanted to trade up in the draft.

Now, with the season upon us and at this stage, his departure would worsen the team in a way we simply can't afford.

Hey and maybe you know what sarcasm is? I guess with only 5 posts you havent quite got a sense for this message board yet...it was meant as a joke, put your panties back on straight, and chill. I know Roscoe is an exceptional " returner " im just saying he needs to show more as a WR, but hey welcome to the board.

we should trade him to the falcons cause they are desperate now that they lost there only receiver to ACL and white is still holding out cause he knows they need him more than ever now

Also check out the other teams in the league to see what they need. Maybe we can help a few more of them.

His value in the return game isn't really being debated, it's the unending midget love from certain posters, who claim he's a viable NFL receiver. At his very best he's a # 3, more likely, he fits somewhere between a #4 receiver and a bench warmer.

I could care less if he never plays as receiver, he is such a GREAT returner I want him on the Bills for that alone.

Hey and maybe you know what sarcasm is? I guess with only 5 posts you havent quite got a sense for this message board yet...it was meant as a joke, put your panties back on straight, and chill. I know Roscoe is an exceptional " returner " im just saying he needs to show more as a WR, but hey welcome to the board.

My bad, thanks for correcting that ridiculous sarcastic post Dean. I'm just glad a veteran poster like the chief knows how to wear his panties and not get too sensitive about responses to his "sarcasm". But hey, thanks for the welcome. Coming from you , it means so much. Wow, looks like i'm beginning to get this saracasm thing.

My bad, thanks for correcting that ridiculous sarcastic post Dean. I'm just glad a veteran poster like the chief knows how to wear his panties and not get too sensitive about responses to his "sarcasm". But hey, thanks for the welcome. Coming from you , it means so much. Wow, looks like i'm beginning to get this saracasm thing.

Touche....just having fun with ya