Last post wins!

/dev/null

I was gonna ask you about that thread Jack... How did it go for him? The Kenmores and Whirlpools are built the same. Did he get his water tested and find out what the numbers (hardness and Fe) were?

I don't know, I'm not him. All I know is he spent a month or two researching it.

I don't know, I'm not him. All I know is he spent a month or two researching it.

Interesting. I have been running a softener(s) for about 20 years... I always like to see what other people are running and if they have any tricks or advice to keeping the thing running smoothly. If he has any questions/problems with soft water service or about maintenance of how the thing operates, shoot me a PM, there are few tricks I picked up through the years. My first one I rebuilt the head valve/rotor assembly replaced the motor, etc... The thing gets a lot of use (now especially with teenagers and long showers! :lol: ) and regenerates almost every night! That is the thing about a lot of the consumer, off the shelf models... They tend to have plastic parts that can crap out. The nice thing, it isn't really rocket science how the thing works... Easy to repair and clean. I parted it out when I finally scrapped it for a new one after 12 years of hard service! Same with the neighbors... I have a ton of spare parts that cross from one model to the next (they are virtually all the same) all cleaned up and ready to go! Whirlpools are identical in working order to the Kenmores... I think Whirlpool makes them for Sears/Kenmore.

Cross my fingers, I am still on my same hot water tank after 20+ years of having extremely hard/clear Fe water... The softener really saves the rest of your system! Even if you don't have that hard of water, one can always dial it back drastically and enjoy the benefits on your water pipe system!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Off to the doctor for the annual check up.

cue sound byte of the glove snapping.

So, an ex who might have been the best relationship I have ever had, though she is probably crazy...is stuck up, prissy, arrogant, and pretenteous is getting married. The dude is 46, drives a porsche, owns a few planes...bwahah. I hope I taste good.

I should send a gift, a big fancy, expensive gift they'd never be able to throw away...like the $850 Williams And Sonoma 4 pc cookware set.