LAMP: Defending my PhD dissertation on thursday

Ramius

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict you will have a smashing performance, and will be sporting your PhD on Thursday.

For $200 in my Paypal.....I will reverse my prediction.

Just another in your line of failed predictions. I wont be sporting my PhD until graduation in august. Not to mention i have paperwork to finish up and turn in before i am even cleared to graduate.

Just another in your line of failed predictions. I wont be sporting my PhD until graduation in august. Not to mention i have paperwork to finish up and turn in before i am even cleared to graduate.

So, in line with NFL policy, you won't be able to go to the geek PhD parties and wear the propeller hats until you get the diploma?

Slacker.

Congrats.

Passed. Whew, its finally over. See everyone the next time i am sober, so sometime on monday. :)

Now before you celebrate, I want you to stop and reflect on the fact that there's still people here who think they know more about biochem than you, just because they watch the Discover Channel.

Welcome to my world. :unsure:

Now before you celebrate, I want you to stop and reflect on the fact that there's still people here who think they know more about biochem than you, just because they watch the Discover Channel.

Welcome to my world. :unsure:

They can stick to rolling 3.5 and circling every ((n+1)^2)/n letter in the bible to sift out some magical code predicting apocalypse that only they can read.

is that the world of boundless egos????

Congrats Ramius!!!!

Didn't need the letters at the end of his name for that.

I keed, I keed. 'Grats!

Molecular Biology- Thesis was on the DNA replication pattern of a group of Baker's yeast genes. I developed a method to map which way the replication fork on a stretch of DNA was moving. Yeast have specific DNA replication origins.

Later, another lab , using my method showed that in human cells, the DNA replication origins are non-specific. They found DNA replication forks moving in both directions.

Yes, I believe most anecdotal evidence also suggests that we humans are forked no matter what direction we turn.

Yeah....graduate from Florida Said Unqualified

Quick question....do you live in a stand alone place, or a complex down there?