Reggie Corner In Line To Fill The NCB Role

H2o

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/15/y...t-spring-camps/

Seems like Corner made a good impression with the defensive coaching staff. Don't they know that he has a 55 rating on Madden? :thumbsup: Steve Johnson may be looking to steal time from Reed and Parrish as well. Good reports about our young players.

I've got high hopes for Mr. Steve Johnson. Good thing he doesn't have to rock first and last name on his jersey anymore. That sh-t was ridiculous!

Its good to see all of the CB's doing well, but it really makes me question the signing of Florence, especially to a two year $6.6MM deal. We can pretty much expect Youboty to get hurt at least once, but if Corner can step in, are we really paying our 5th CB $3MM this year?

No need to get rid of Youboty or Florence at this time. They'll go into the season with 5 CB's, being McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, and Florence. They'll probably put Lankster on the PS.

Its good to see all of the CB's doing well, but it really makes me question the signing of Florence, especially to a two year $6.6MM deal. We can pretty much expect Youboty to get hurt at least once, but if Corner can step in, are we really paying our 5th CB $3MM this year?

I agree. But what I think the Bills were thinking 1) will Corner make the jump? 2) will Youboty comeback from his injury in time 3) you really can't count on a 6th rounder in his first year, 4) what if we lose a corner for the season in training camp?. Getting an experienced guy like Flo won't hurt. AND, as we all know you can never have enough corners....

nice to hear.

I got a feeling that Corner will end up being our starting DB the following year and that Mcgee will probably be gone.

Yeah. He should fit right in as a Bills' CB...10 yards off the LOS, waiting for even deeper safety support, chasing a receiver with his wheels already moving or deking, and occasionally getting to the catcher in time. Now and then, correctly guessing that it's one of those run plays and getting the stop 5 yards downfield.

Jump a route near the LOS. At least take a chance once in a while.

I agree. But what I think the Bills were thinking 1) will Corner make the jump? 2) will Youboty comeback from his injury in time 3) you really can't count on a 6th rounder in his first year, 4) what if we lose a corner for the season in training camp?. Getting an experienced guy like Flo won't hurt. AND, as we all know you can never have enough corners....

Yeah, I think that he'll do well for us. The price tag is high, but it is the same guy who just signed a 6yr, $36MM contract just last year. Crazy how things change in just one years time.

And finally, I'd probably be complaining if we went out and signed some no name guy for half the price too, but the reason would be that we never sign big name FA's.

Either way, I think that he'll help us this season.

The real question is will dickie actually let Stevie and Corner on the field if they make an impression? We've seen in the past (greer, jackson), his utter refusal to give young players playing time despite their progress and promise, and instead playing overrated vets. (webster, a-train)

The real question is will dickie actually let Stevie and Corner on the field if they make an impression? We've seen in the past (greer, jackson), his utter refusal to give young players playing time despite their progress and promise, and instead playing overrated vets. (webster, a-train)

I don't think DJ or any coach is going to keep his best players off the field without a valid reason, especially in their second and third season. I think the perception of this is largely due to the constant updates / blogging on how great these young guys are looking in practice, most of which is coming from either Bills staff, or local Buffalo media, who has a vested interest in maintaining their relationship with the Bills staff.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/15/y...t-spring-camps/

Seems like Corner made a good impression with the defensive coaching staff. Don't they know that he has a 55 rating on Madden? :thumbsup: Steve Johnson may be looking to steal time from Reed and Parrish as well. Good reports about our young players.

Does this mean that a team can get a good defensive back without taking him in the first or second round?

Wouldn't it be nice if they thought that way about offensive and defensive lines?