Describe Bills starters in one word

Polamalu, I'll give you. But Big Ben is good but he is hardly elite. Harrison had one good season in a system that makes any starting OLB successful.

Still, the point is that SB champion only has 1 or maybe 2 elite players. It is a very even league.

Iy underscores the point that the key is not simply to assemble a bunch of elite individual players to build a team, but to assemble a balanced group of players of various skills (one effect of the salary cap is that it makes it impossible to simply buy yourself a group of elite players in each unit) who together become a TEAM.

I think what folks see as a lack of elite players is actually to some extent a side effect of this team being as measured by age one of the youngest (if not the youngest though we will see with the final roster) team in the league. The big problem I see with this team is not the lack of elite players but the lack of on the field team leadership.

When the tough times come as they do for every team during a season, it really is this internal leadership and the reflection of a refuse to lose attitude which makes individual players play better than they can (whether that is the good becoming great or the mediocre becoming adequate) and the TEAM ends up with a W where just a team (even if they are elite talents) gets an L.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Bakay always says, "Things are so much simpler when you break them down scientifically."

Great work here.

GO BILLS!!!

Great work? Yeah, this thread is right up there with the offensive lineman stats - greatly...stupid.

Ha ha ha!!! Try Big Ben, Harrison and Polamalu. That's three more than we have.

Honestly, I don't think that any of those players are "elite". Sure I'd love to have any of them, but they're elite because the media needs someone to praise and those three are the closest that the Steelers come to having "elite" players (as deemed by the media, i.e. someone who gives good interviews). The Steelers are good because their entire team is good, not one or two players.

Real elite players in the NFL are Brady, Moss, Manning, Fitzgerald.

I think what folks see as a lack of elite players is actually to some extent a side effect of this team being as measured by age one of the youngest (if not the youngest though we will see with the final roster) team in the league. The big problem I see with this team is not the lack of elite players but the lack of on the field team leadership.

When the tough times come as they do for every team during a season, it really is this internal leadership and the reflection of a refuse to lose attitude which makes individual players play better than they can (whether that is the good becoming great or the mediocre becoming adequate) and the TEAM ends up with a W where just a team (even if they are elite talents) gets an L.

You've watched Remember the Titans too many times.

Elite, Great, Good, Average, Mediocre, and Garbage are the options, in that order, from good to bad.

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Mediocre

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Average

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Mediocre

Elite=0

Great=1

Good=7

Average=8

Mediocre=5

Garbage=3

?=2. Can't really grade rookies.

Out of 26 positions, we only have 1 great player and the rest are either good or worse than good. This team needs to have more elite players if they are gonna contend for the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

The younger guys, such as Edwards, Lynch, Evans, McKelvin and even Whitner, can still become great or elite players depending upon coaching, and surrounding talent, because they have the athletic skill set and/or smarts to up their game. I don't put Poz in that group because he just lacks the physical talent, IMO, to become great.

What do you think?

I think that if our starters were the second string on a team, they would be great backups.

Elite, Great, Good, Average, Mediocre, and Garbage are the options, in that order, from good to bad.

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Mediocre

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Average

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Mediocre

Elite=0

Great=1

Good=7

Average=8

Mediocre=5

Garbage=3

?=2. Can't really grade rookies.

Out of 26 positions, we only have 1 great player and the rest are either good or worse than good. This team needs to have more elite players if they are gonna contend for the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

The younger guys, such as Edwards, Lynch, Evans, McKelvin and even Whitner, can still become great or elite players depending upon coaching, and surrounding talent, because they have the athletic skill set and/or smarts to up their game. I don't put Poz in that group because he just lacks the physical talent, IMO, to become great.

What do you think?

Where we differ:

Owens was great a few years ago. This year, at his age, he may merely be good.

As a slot receiver, Josh Reed is good (not mediocre).

As a LT, Walker is more likely to be mediocre than good.

Schobel is probably old enough to be considered average, rather than good.

Kelsay is probably mediocre, rather than garbage.

Florence is closer to mediocre than to average.

Whitner is closer to good than to average (though by no means worthy of that 8th overall pick!)

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=mediocre.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=good

WR. Reed=average

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=garbage

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=mediocre

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=mediocre

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=mediocre

LE.Kelsay=average

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=good

CB.McGee=average

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=garbage

SS.Whitner=elite

You beat me to it. This is quite literally the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

Well than that just proves how friggin retarded you are. There has been a lot worse.

Moron.

BTW. 300 sucked and so does your handle. Your avatar is gay. You like sweaty ball sacks. You have no life. You're a loser.

Have a nice day :wallbash:

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Mediocre

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Elite

WR. Reed=Average

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=? (probably Mediocre)

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=? (probably Mediocre)

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=? (probably Mediocre)

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=? after injury (probably Average)

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Mediocre

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Mediocre

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Mediocre

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Garbage

Average and mediocre are the same thing, and you have them as 2 different grades.....LOL. Lame post.

As for your grades....hangartner is good? LOL.....josh reed is a mediocre 3rd wr??? LOL. Mckelvin and lynch have the same grade? LOL