Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

Wood, Hangartner, Levitre, Jonathan Scott, Seth McKinney. I would NOT say that is a decent supporting cast. And if Bell is back this week, that is an improvement, but not a very big one.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Where are all the people that said this line was an upgrade over the fat, lazy, overpaid guys they replaced????

Can't have it both ways!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kielbasa and pierogies immediately come to mind. But there should be more than that. Let me think.

Other than "Buzz Beer", that should pretty much cover it.

Of course, k&p are pretty much Buff-lo staples too.

Other than "Buzz Beer", that should pretty much cover it.

Of course, k&p are pretty much Buff-lo staples too.

True dat. Playing off a post Tim wrote over at his blog, the two cities have a lot more in common than Lake Erie and bad football teams ...

Hmmm. Grilled pierogies ... think someone I tailgated with from here did that a LONG time ago, before the first "official" TBD tailgate, even.

True dat. Playing off a post Tim wrote over at his blog, the two cities have a lot more in common than Lake Erie and bad football teams ...

Hmmm. Grilled pierogies ... think someone I tailgated with from here did that a LONG time ago, before the first "official" TBD tailgate, even.

:lol:

At least that recipe uses potato pierogies. I can handle those. The cheese ones, not a chance. (Guess which type my aunt always makes at Christmas. :P )

Hey, Tim, I recall a discussion in the offseason re: the New England Patriots and biased officiating (and being called a conspiracy theorist, but I can forgive and forget on that). Anyone else find it somewhat funny and ironic that here we are with the first real set of controversies around officiating and lo and behold, golly gee, it's another set of charges that the refs are favoring, drum roll please, none other than the Pats. How many data points do folks need before coming to the conclusion that something is indeed weird with them and the officials? I mean we've already got the Tuck Rule, the Colts AFCCG, the 2007 Ravens game, several games against the Bills (the worst probably being the 2006 opener-I've got that one TIVOed and some of those calls and no calls never cease to amaze me), an OT game against the Texans a few years back in which a very late PI way away from the play saved the game by taking away a Brady pick, etc. I also found it interesting that the media seemed to sanitize this story somewhat in terms of making it be about the RTP calls, as I recall reading initial quotes from Ravens players likening the whole game to the 2007 joke of a game against the Pats, which to me points to the much bigger, more general issue with New England and not just whether RTP calls protect QBs. Those quotes seemed to disappear from later articles on the story (perhaps after the NFL spinmeisters got through with the stories). I watched a good bit of the game (but admittedly not all of it) myself and found the PI or whatever it was on Carr, followed shortly thereafter by a bizarre call on Harbaugh for another 15, just plain ridiculous, as well as the spots and that fake field goal play, so to me it wasn't just the RTPs as a story as it's now being portrayed in the media.

Someone really needs to look at this in a serious way for, as Ray Lewis would say, "the integrity of the game." Call me a conspiracy theorist again all you want, but I just know what my eyes see and from that angle it doesn't seem at all fair the way their games are called. I'm not saying that I can explain why it's happening and I agree with you that a large conspiracy is very tough to pull off, but it has been done before, and recently, in a major sport (look no further than the Italian soccer scandal two or three years ago, involving multiple teams and multiple refs). Money is a powerful motivator and can come from any number of sources (team ownership or a rogue employee with a slush fund within an organization, the League, a ratings driven TV network, gamblers, etc.), so who knows. I'm not to the point of believing necessarily that there is such a conspiracy, but I am at the point where it wouldn't really surprise me at all if we found out that such a conspiracy existed.....

All that said, hope you've been well and are happy with the move to Buffalo,

PS From someone else's thread--looks like at least the Onion is taking it seriously:

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print...early_receiving

You know where to find us.

Semi-serious question: if I wanted to fix an opponent-themed tailgate entree -- i.e., jambayala and po' boys for New Orleans, chowdah for Boston -- does Cleveland have any regional specialties? Otherwise, it's burgers and Sahlen's. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Sadly, I haven't found too many unique foods/entrees here in Cleveland, great ethnic foods like Buffalo but not a lot of unique ones. If you're going to have Sahlen's I'd highly recommend picking up some of this:

http://www.stadiummustard.com/

Good stuff and definitely an addictive Cleveland staple. Only other things I have found were Candy Buckeyes and grape pie:

http://cleveland.about.com/od/northeastohi.../r/grapepie.htm

Grape pie sounds wierd, but man is it good. Sorry, wish I knew of something good but kielbasa and pierogies would definitely work well. Potato w/cheese definitely a staple here.

Sadly, I haven't found too many unique foods/entrees here in Cleveland, great ethnic foods like Buffalo but not a lot of unique ones. If you're going to have Sahlen's I'd highly recommend picking up some of this:

http://www.stadiummustard.com/

Good stuff and definitely an addictive Cleveland staple. Only other things I have found were Candy Buckeyes and grape pie:

http://cleveland.about.com/od/northeastohi.../r/grapepie.htm

Grape pie sounds wierd, but man is it good. Sorry, wish I knew of something good but kielbasa and pierogies would definitely work well. Potato w/cheese definitely a staple here.

You can find grape pie along the finger lakes wine country also.

Tim, is Ralph Wilson a bigger fool for keeping Jauron than Leon Hess was for keeping Rich Kotite for two years after firing Pete (slashes-hand-to-the-throat) Carroll?

At the press conference to announce the hiring (of Kotite),

team owner Leon Hess explained the choice by saying,

"I'm 80 years old. I want results now!"

As a Bills fan, I remember the joy of watching Kotite on the JESTS sidelines.

As a Bills fan, I know how opposing fans feel watching Jauron on the Bills sidelines.

Hey, Tim, I recall a discussion in the offseason re: the New England Patriots and biased officiating (and being called a conspiracy theorist, but I can forgive and forget on that). Anyone else find it somewhat funny and ironic that here we are with the first real set of controversies around officiating and lo and behold, golly gee, it's another set of charges that the refs are favoring, drum roll please, none other than the Pats. How many data points do folks need before coming to the conclusion that something is indeed weird with them and the officials? I mean we've already got the Tuck Rule, the Colts AFCCG, the 2007 Ravens game, several games against the Bills (the worst probably being the 2006 opener-I've got that one TIVOed and some of those calls and no calls never cease to amaze me), an OT game against the Texans a few years back in which a very late PI way away from the play saved the game by taking away a Brady pick, etc. I also found it interesting that the media seemed to sanitize this story somewhat in terms of making it be about the RTP calls, as I recall reading initial quotes from Ravens players likening the whole game to the 2007 joke of a game against the Pats, which to me points to the much bigger, more general issue with New England and not just whether RTP calls protect QBs. Those quotes seemed to disappear from later articles on the story (perhaps after the NFL spinmeisters got through with the stories). I watched a good bit of the game (but admittedly not all of it) myself and found the PI or whatever it was on Carr, followed shortly thereafter by a bizarre call on Harbaugh for another 15, just plain ridiculous, as well as the spots and that fake field goal play, so to me it wasn't just the RTPs as a story as it's now being portrayed in the media.

Someone really needs to look at this in a serious way for, as Ray Lewis would say, "the integrity of the game." Call me a conspiracy theorist again all you want, but I just know what my eyes see and from that angle it doesn't seem at all fair the way their games are called. I'm not saying that I can explain why it's happening and I agree with you that a large conspiracy is very tough to pull off, but it has been done before, and recently, in a major sport (look no further than the Italian soccer scandal two or three years ago, involving multiple teams and multiple refs). Money is a powerful motivator and can come from any number of sources (team ownership or a rogue employee with a slush fund within an organization, the League, a ratings driven TV network, gamblers, etc.), so who knows. I'm not to the point of believing necessarily that there is such a conspiracy, but I am at the point where it wouldn't really surprise me at all if we found out that such a conspiracy existed.....

All that said, hope you've been well and are happy with the move to Buffalo,

PS From someone else's thread--looks like at least the Onion is taking it seriously:

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print...early_receiving

Two QB roughing calls went against the Patriots in Week 1. If not for a Leodis McKelvin fumble, the Patriots lose in part because of those calls. One got the Bills out of their own end zone. The other sparked a Bills touchdown drive.

I do a penalty tracker each week, and the Patriots have been among the penalized teams this year. The Patriots are second to the Bills in most penalty yards, and that's after a horrendous two-week start for the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...nalty-tracker-3

I think you're silly, but I'm sure you think I'm silly for not recognizing your stance as valid. I can live with that.

So much for that, eh?

Tim,

What is the deal with the HOF ceremony. Multiple media outlets reported it was going to take place. Ralph was at the game. A couple of my buddies who were at the game claim they saw the stage/podium they were planning to use in the tunnel.

Now the Bills brass is claiming no such thing was going to take place? Seriously? Somebody needs to tell Russ Brandon that he is not a jedi and his attempted mind tricks don't work on the fans...

Any info on when they decided to pull the plug?

Tim,

What is the deal with the HOF ceremony. Multiple media outlets reported it was going to take place. Ralph was at the game. A couple of my buddies who were at the game claim they saw the stage/podium they were planning to use in the tunnel.

Now the Bills brass is claiming no such thing was going to take place? Seriously? Somebody needs to tell Russ Brandon that he is not a jedi and his attempted mind tricks don't work on the fans...

Any info on when they decided to pull the plug?

Sullivan's article on the front page says that the Bills cancelled it thursday and let the HOF know on friday, but that the team didn't tell the fans. Do they think we're stupid? (well we know that answer, since jauron is still employed)

Two QB roughing calls went against the Patriots in Week 1. If not for a Leodis McKelvin fumble, the Patriots lose in part because of those calls. One got the Bills out of their own end zone. The other sparked a Bills touchdown drive.

I do a penalty tracker each week, and the Patriots have been among the penalized teams this year. The Patriots are second to the Bills in most penalty yards, and that's after a horrendous two-week start for the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...nalty-tracker-3

I think you're silly, but I'm sure you think I'm silly for not recognizing your stance as valid. I can live with that.

Muchas gracias for the reply, but to me it's as much about the timing of the penalties and whether they were valid or not that causes suspicion. Simply because the Pats get flagged on average as much as the next team or approx. so doesn't really disprove my point. Many of the things that seem to get called against Pats opponents don't seem to be valid to many fans watching around the League or are at the least "extremely rarely" called (witness the Carr PI and the Harbaugh penalty last week for one of each there) and/or seem to come at crucial spots in a game when the Pats need a break to either come back from being down (that Ravens game two years ago I literally turned to my wife and said right before their last drive that the Pats would drive the field and score and if they seemed to get stopped the hankies would fly) or keep their opponent who's rallying down (like, for ex., the multiple ticky tack calls against the Bills in the 4th quarter of the 2006 opener). All that said, I myself was a bit shocked yesterday that Merriweather actually got flagged for taunting, as that's usually the kind of thing that the Pats get on someone else, so who knows, maybe someone's outbid them this year for the refs' services :censored: As noted originally, I'm not at the point where I actually think there's a conspiracy a la the Serie A, but still would not be surprised if we later found out that there indeed was something untoward going on the last few years there.....

So much for that, eh?

Most gutless thing I've ever seen. At least have someone accept it on his behalf because it's cold and windy and he's an old fart. At least have the stones to announce you bailed on it before the game and be willing to take a day of heat for killing it in advance.

Further proof that all decisions in Buffalo are made by the marketing department. We don't want video of RW or anyone associated with RW getting booed on TV so we won't even give you the chance. Have a nice day and drive home safely. :w00t:

Most gutless thing I've ever seen. At least have someone accept it on his behalf because it's cold and windy and he's an old fart. At least have the stones to announce you bailed on it before the game and be willing to take a day of heat for killing it in advance.

Further proof that all decisions in Buffalo are made by the marketing department. We don't want video of RW or anyone associated with RW getting booed on TV so we won't even give you the chance. Have a nice day and drive home safely. :w00t:

yep let's schedule the ceremony when we play the Browns because we should have them routed by halftime.

Tim,

Thanks for continuing to contribute here. I read one of your ESPN.com posts recently, and while I agree with all your other points of why Jauron needs to go, I didn't understand this part:

"... Jauron insisted that owner Ralph Wilson didn't make this call [to fire Schonert], so how a head coach can be so unaware of his own staff is beyond me. Jauron worked with Schonert last year but apparently made a total misread. "

Do you take Jauron at his word and believe that he made the call to axe Schonert instead of Wilson? Because to me, it seemed so transparent that Ralph ordered the firing and made Jauron take the bullet that to consider any other possibility was laughable. This passage implies that you believe Jauron actually made the call. Am I misreading you or have I completely misread the whole Schonert situation? Love the AFC East blog, thanks again for your responses here, as well.

Tim,

Thanks for continuing to contribute here. I read one of your ESPN.com posts recently, and while I agree with all your other points of why Jauron needs to go, I didn't understand this part:

"... Jauron insisted that owner Ralph Wilson didn't make this call [to fire Schonert], so how a head coach can be so unaware of his own staff is beyond me. Jauron worked with Schonert last year but apparently made a total misread. "

Do you take Jauron at his word and believe that he made the call to axe Schonert instead of Wilson? Because to me, it seemed so transparent that Ralph ordered the firing and made Jauron take the bullet that to consider any other possibility was laughable. This passage implies that you believe Jauron actually made the call. Am I misreading you or have I completely misread the whole Schonert situation? Love the AFC East blog, thanks again for your responses here, as well.

Quite the contrary. I wrote it that way because I don't believe it. I wrote that "Jauron insisted" he didn't make the call. If I knew for a fact that Jauron made the call, I would have written it as fact.

I'm prone to take Jauron at his word because he never has lied to me personally or burned me in any way, but I wrote it that way because it doesn't make sense. That Wilson made the call makes more sense.