So If The Bills 3 Biggest Holes Are LB, LT and DT

1) Sign Pisa at LB

2) Sign Levi Jones at LT

3) McCargo makes a big leap at DT

I think if two of these things happened (which is still a bit of a long shot), I would have a hard time doubting their capabilities. I know Jauron is still here and much depends on Edwards BUT I would LOVE to hit the start of the season filling 2 of those holes. Pisa just seems like a no brainer especially for the Bills style.

I can finally say that this team truly looks like it is one year away from being something special.

I think the Bills are set on the roster going into camp. I feel like they are comfortable with this o line and Linebacking corp. I bet they believe Bowen can step up or nic harris at LB. McCargo making a leap is oyur best bet but he may be a numbers victim

A numbers victim? We have too few DT's as it is.

hey, this sounds like Madden...lets just sign every possible good free agent out there...maybe you can get them agree to sign for virtually no upfront bonuses as well like Madden so when you cut them you have no cap penalty to pay...

If they sign pisa at lb that would make me comfortable with the defense to be a near top ten unit. If levi jones signs it is no sure thing to fix our o-line but it is worth a shot at least.

As for McCargo he is a longshot to be productive if he had such potential than why did we trade him to the colts for almost nothing?

Why is every player cut from another team such a must-have player for the Bills?

PTR

This is actually the first time I have noted a player going to the Bills. Pisa just sounds like it would be such a great fit. I don't think Levi Jones is any great shakes but I would not mind a look see. Pisa and a unsuspecting DT emerging would be all I need.

1) Sign Pisa at LB

2) Sign Levi Jones at LT

3) McCargo makes a big leap at DT

I think if two of these things happened (which is still a bit of a long shot), I would have a hard time doubting their capabilities. I know Jauron is still here and much depends on Edwards BUT I would LOVE to hit the start of the season filling 2 of those holes. Pisa just seems like a no brainer especially for the Bills style.

I can finally say that this team truly looks like it is one year away from being something special.

4) We go to the land of dreams and there, in the lollipop forest, the King of the Fairies casts a spell on three friendly ogres riding Unicorns, transforming them into pro bowlers in Bills uniforms.

I think that "something special" might be the number one pick in the draft.

If they sign pisa at lb that would make me comfortable with the defense to be a near top ten unit. If levi jones signs it is no sure thing to fix our o-line but it is worth a shot at least.

As for McCargo he is a longshot to be productive if he had such potential than why did we trade him to the colts for almost nothing?

Yeah, that is all that stands between our "sack free" defense and the elite defenses of the league, one washed up, released LB.

Yeah, that is all that stands between our "sack free" defense and the elite defenses of the league, one washed up, released LB.

The negative nancy's have a field day on this board. Our "sack free" defense was ranked 14 last year in yardage, IIRC. That was without it's best DE for most of the year and its best LB for the whole season and, most importantly, playing with our woeful O (remember, the D is just the other side of the O coin--if our O can't stay on the field, our D will get more yardage against it by definition). So, our D that really only lost Greer--who was more than ably replaced by Leodis, Florence and Youboty (also out almost all last year as well)--and is getting back Schoebel and Maybin to the pass rush is going to be worse than last season's slightly better than average D? Most importantly, even bigger strides were made on O, the most important being TO, the new rookie linemen we're all so excited about and last but by no means least, Trent having another full year under his belt. I'd wager that this O, despite losing Peters, Dockery and Royal and Marshawn for 3, is better than last year's. Just a hunch. If it is even slightly better--say moving up 5-6 spots in the rankings, I see no reason why our D can't be Top 10, barring a really bad injury run.

Is this team an "elite team" yet? No, I don't think so. But are we a bottom feeding 3-13, 4-12 kind of team as many here seem to think? No, they aren't either.

I just don't see the Bills bringing in any more big name type of guys.

Levi Jones could be a nice addition but he could also cause a big problem. First of all he has a lot of injury issues the last two seasons. Also then you would have a lot of Olinemen.

Now the LB core is definetly shaky. I just cant see how you can think Bowen is going to fill a void. He had a torn ACL his rookie year. He did not play a single down of regular season football. Counting on him or Harris is hoping and wishing.

McCargo is the big possibility. It is a contract year i believe for him. Plus he seems to be more comfortable with the new line coach. If he plays consitently like he did in 07, then he could be one of the missing pieces. A LB only looks as good as its Dline.

only the bills let the good players go..

When you rank near the bottom statistically and want to be the highest paid player no matter what, you're a goner from Buffalo or any normal team.

Don't be mad because you need to find a new player to j/o now that Peters is gone. I hear that Scott is a real stallion in the showers. Maybe he can be your new boy toy.

Back to football! In my view, OLB is a position where rookies CAN and DO make immediate impact around the league. It may be the second most impactful after running back. The thought that Alvin Bowen or Nic Harris can't make any impact is shortsighted, in my estimation. I tend to think that the observation of better offense will help the defense is valid. This could be immense strictly by way of less time on the field. If special teams remains just that, SPECIAL, then the Bills will at the very least be VERY, VERY competitive in 2009. Count me as one who sees real possibilities on this squad!

The negative nancy's have a field day on this board. Our "sack free" defense was ranked 14 last year in yardage, IIRC. That was without it's best DE for most of the year and its best LB for the whole season and, most importantly, playing with our woeful O (remember, the D is just the other side of the O coin--if our O can't stay on the field, our D will get more yardage against it by definition). So, our D that really only lost Greer--who was more than ably replaced by Leodis, Florence and Youboty (also out almost all last year as well)--and is getting back Schoebel and Maybin to the pass rush is going to be worse than last season's slightly better than average D? Most importantly, even bigger strides were made on O, the most important being TO, the new rookie linemen we're all so excited about and last but by no means least, Trent having another full year under his belt. I'd wager that this O, despite losing Peters, Dockery and Royal and Marshawn for 3, is better than last year's. Just a hunch. If it is even slightly better--say moving up 5-6 spots in the rankings, I see no reason why our D can't be Top 10, barring a really bad injury run.

Is this team an "elite team" yet? No, I don't think so. But are we a bottom feeding 3-13, 4-12 kind of team as many here seem to think? No, they aren't either.

I don't recall Trent having Any FULL seasons.

I wish I could let this go, but it all comes back to having chris chandler at QB. Trents capable of leading us to the playoffs, if he can stay on the field. Too bad I think the chances of that are slim. We should have signed jeff Garcia to be our backup

That remains to be seen Suzy but I love how cute and perky you are.

This is a team that lost every single division game last year. This is a team that finished the year losing eight of its last ten games, winning only against the 2-14 Chiefs and the collapsing Broncos. Hint: if you only beat teams at the bottom, you are a bottom feeder. This is also a team whose QB suffered a complete loss of courage under fire when things go tough against the Browns. And we won't have our best back for the first 4 games.

Could they get lucky with scheduling? It could happen. Could Jauron turn from the guy who gave away the Jet game to Lombardi reborn? I guess its possible. All any of us can do is hope but the fact is, we didn't do anything this off season to gain ground on the three teams that wasted us in the division last year. A good case could be made that we lost ground. What you see as a dramatic improvement, signing Owens, much of the league looks at it as sheer, pathetic desperation. Perhaps you noticed the lack of a bidding war over his services. Either our people are smarter than the rest of the league, soemthing that is clearly not true, or we were the only team around so desperate that we were willing to try anything, even signing Terrel Owens.

I don't recall Trent having Any FULL seasons.

I wish I could let this go, but it all comes back to having chris chandler at QB. Trents capable of leading us to the playoffs, if he can stay on the field. Too bad I think the chances of that are slim. We should have signed jeff Garcia to be our backup

His performance in the Cleveland game has left me with serious doubts about his mettle. I am not sure that even if he were healthy, he could lead us anywhere. There is only so far the 3 yard dump offs he has become known for can take a team.