Bills STILL Interested In Waters?

Did you read the article by the other guy about the Bills historically neglecting both lines in the draft?

I could easily be wrong, but I suspect some of these guys come here and simply print things that we have been saying for years.

If thats the case, hopefully we'll see a premium Scout.com article about Sue's homework.

Can't have enough good offensive linemen. If he doesn't cost more than a mid round pick, i say... why not?

Why not? Well let's see, um, just spit balling here, but maybe.....MONEY? How much does Waters earn now, and how much will he want to sign for long term with whatever team he lands with?

These are after all the Wilson "Cash to the Cap" Bills were are talking about here. :thumbsup:

Why not? Well let's see, um, just spit balling here, but maybe.....MONEY? How much does Waters earn now, and how much will he want to sign for long term with whatever team he lands with?

These are after all the Wilson "Cash to the Cap" Bills were are talking about here. :thumbsup:

You mean the cash to cap that most teams use. I will try to find the link to the article that says this.

He won't get a long term deal, from any team, so that isn't a concern. He makes around $4 million a year.

I'd rather they were still interesting in John Henderson. I think the offense has been addressed in spades this off-season and while getting a guy like Waters on offense would be nice, getting Henderson for the DL would be use of resources, as it is probably either Waters or Henderson. Now if they could get both...

I'd rather they were still interesting in John Henderson. I think the offense has been addressed in spades this off-season and while getting a guy like Waters on offense would be nice, getting Henderson for the DL would be use of resources, as it is probably either Waters or Henderson. Now if they could get both...

+ 1.

Can't have enough good offensive linemen. If he doesn't cost more than a mid round pick, i say... why not?

I would think that if there were to be a trade then it might be a player for a player instead of a draft pick.

He won't get a long term deal, from any team, so that isn't a concern. He makes around $4 million a year.

He wants a new deal, that is why he asking for the trade. So $4 million won't be the case if he gets traded. To me, this move would now not make sense, we could better use the money with a LB or DT like John Henderson.

I don't see it happening

Well, if the plan really is to move Butler to RT, I would much rather have a quality veteran playing at RG than a rookie (even one with a high ceiling). As it is, we are already projecting a rookie to play LG. So I would not be against this move, provided that it did not cost much in a trade.

He wants a new deal, that is why he asking for the trade. So $4 million won't be the case if he gets traded. To me, this move would now not make sense, we could better use the money with a LB or DT like John Henderson.

I don't see it happening

Its my biggest wish to get DT Henderson....please FO lets it. Then our off season would be completed.

Anyboy have an opinion on whether this is a credible site (or some fanboy vanity thingy)? Just because it's picked up by Fox, it doesn't convice me that it's a real info source...

I have no way of knowing how good Tyler's sources are, but I'd definitely hesitate to call it a fanboy thing. He's actually a Packers fan, and oh yeah, a journalism major at Syracuse. Believe he covered a couple of preseason games at Lambeau last summer while interning at the Shawano Leader, a small daily in Wisconsin, and he's been writing for the Olean Times Herald since he was in high school.

So, it wouldn't be a stretch to think he's got a few recognizable names stored in his cellphone contact list.

i wish the Bills would show some interest in another DT and OLB

The article states that "According to a NFL source" we remain interested in Waters.

KC just signed the Bengals' Center and could move their current Center to Guard. Waters didn't show up at KC's voluntary minicamp and has not hit it off with Haley. He wants to be dealt.

The article notes last year's soft OL interior and states that an experienced body would help.

Waters right now would be a waste. You can have too many or i should say too much money tied up in one area. I dont think Levitre or Woods will be a bust. At worse they will have nice solid careers. With Woods possibly turning into your starting center in 2010.

Look at what the Bills just got in the 4th round (Nelson). A potential starter at a need area. So do you want to give that up for Waters?

Now i would be on board with a fourth or fith to Jax for Henderson. Because the Bills are very thin at best on Dline. Anderson is a hard worker but gets dominated a lot on run plays. Another strong presence next to Stroud, then this D would be pretty much done.

Waters right now would be a waste. You can have too many or i should say too much money tied up in one area. I dont think Levitre or Woods will be a bust. At worse they will have nice solid careers. With Woods possibly turning into your starting center in 2010.

Look at what the Bills just got in the 4th round (Nelson). A potential starter at a need area. So do you want to give that up for Waters?

Now i would be on board with a fourth or fith to Jax for Henderson. Because the Bills are very thin at best on Dline. Anderson is a hard worker but gets dominated a lot on run plays. Another strong presence next to Stroud, then this D would be pretty much done.

We have 2 rookies that will probably be starting, and a new person at all 5 offensive line positions, and you say adding a pro bowler that solidifies a spot is a waste :thumbsup:

We have 2 rookies that will probably be starting, and a new person at all 5 offensive line positions, and you say adding a pro bowler that solidifies a spot is a waste :thumbsup:

Yes i do. Because first of all Peters was a pro bowl player the last two years. And can you say he earned that spot last year? Nah did not think so. Rueben Brown was a pro bowl player for like 7 years, think he deserved it all those years? No way. Oline probowl votes are so convaluted. Sorry. But just because a guy was a probowler i do not take that as the end all be all.

You are also not mentioning what you have to give up to get him. And what you have to pay him once you got him. Not to mention the playing time he would be taking, that Wood or Levitre could have, and develope. Sorry but if you want a good veteran lineman, go get Henderson. Then i would be ok with it. A fourth for Henderson would be better then a fourth for Waters.

Yes i do. Because first of all Peters was a pro bowl player the last two years. And can you say he earned that spot last year? Nah did not think so. Rueben Brown was a pro bowl player for like 7 years, think he deserved it all those years? No way. Oline probowl votes are so convaluted. Sorry. But just because a guy was a probowler i do not take that as the end all be all.

You are also not mentioning what you have to give up to get him. And what you have to pay him once you got him. Not to mention the playing time he would be taking, that Wood or Levitre could have, and develope. Sorry but if you want a good veteran lineman, go get Henderson. Then i would be ok with it. A fourth for Henderson would be better then a fourth for Waters.

So because you think Peters didn't deserve the Pro Bowl, and Ruben Brown too, that automatically means Waters doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl? What kind of world are you living in?

I have no idea what they are asking for compensation, and I have no idea what he's asking for in a contract. All I'm saying is adding a Pro Bowl lineman at a position where you're going to start 2 rookies, is not a waste.

So because you think Peters didn't deserve the Pro Bowl, and Ruben Brown too, that automatically means Waters doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl? What kind of world are you living in?

I have no idea what they are asking for compensation, and I have no idea what he's asking for in a contract. All I'm saying is adding a Pro Bowl lineman at a position where you're going to start 2 rookies, is not a waste.

I am living in reality. But if the Bills could give up next years sixth for him and pay him say 3 mil or less for a one year deal. Or maybe 2 years for 6 mil and 4 gauranteed. Then great i am in. But that isn't likely at all. Why?

Well because he is an Oline man in his 30s, who wants to get one more big contract. Hell, i think he has a pretty decent sized contract right now. And the chiefs, will want a decent return player(s)/pick(s) for him. So you should have some idea what he wants and what the chiefs. If you dont then you dont pay close attention to the league.

I am living in reality. But if the Bills could give up next years sixth for him and pay him say 3 mil or less for a one year deal. Or maybe 2 years for 6 mil and 4 gauranteed. Then great i am in. But that isn't likely at all. Why?

Well because he is an Oline man in his 30s, who wants to get one more big contract. Hell, i think he has a pretty decent sized contract right now. And the chiefs, will want a decent return player(s)/pick(s) for him. So you should have some idea what he wants and what the chiefs. If you dont then you dont pay close attention to the league.

Do you not understand that the only thing I'm talking about is whether or not adding a Pro Bowl lineman is a waste? Stop throwing around contract numbers and draft picks/players. I don't care about that, because none of us know either of those two. I'm arguing with your statement that adding Waters would be a waste.

Do you not understand that the only thing I'm talking about is whether or not adding a Pro Bowl lineman is a waste? Stop throwing around contract numbers and draft picks/players. I don't care about that, because none of us know either of those two. I'm arguing with your statement that adding Waters would be a waste.

Seriously.

Yes adding him is not a bad thing, but for that matter, lets add Peppers, or Ocho Cinco. Its not as simple as it being a good addition or not. IT IS ALL about the comepensation for the addition. I personally dont think he is worth the money or the pick(s). You have two young promising interior guys right now. And in Hangartner a guy that is very solid. How you going to put 4 guys in 3 spots???

Seriously.

Yes adding him is not a bad thing, but for that matter, lets add Peppers, or Ocho Cinco. Its not as simple as it being a good addition or not. IT IS ALL about the comepensation for the addition. I personally dont think he is worth the money or the pick(s). You have two young promising interior guys right now. And in Hangartner a guy that is very solid. How you going to put 4 guys in 3 spots???

How can you say he's not worth the money or the picks when you have absolutely no clue how much he'd cost or what we would have to give up?

The addition to the team doesn't change because of what you gave up to get him. He is the same player no matter what the trade was. It's not a waste. If we gave up our 1st rounder, it is not a waste, it is a stupid move. He's still going to come in here and start and probably be our best lineman. Whether you give a 1st rounder or 7th rounder, the player addition to the team does not change.

Your post makes sense... Leave the OL alone, it will develop very well naturally. And of course if we could pick up Henderson for no more than a fourth... shoot, go for it!!

Is there anybody who deserves to go to the Pro-Bowl in your opinion?

Waters wanting to be traded by the Chiefs has nothing to do with money.

Link

According to Pat Moran of Scout, the Buffalo Bills are interested in the Kansas City Chiefs Brian Waters, who recently expressed his displeasure with the Chiefs new managment team head coach Todd Haley and GM Scott Pioli.

According to the reports posted in this space just two days ago, Waters asked to be released or traded. Waters, according to the Kansas City Star, cited Haley's "arrogance" and Pioli's denial of a meeting request by Waters as the reasons for his sudden change of heart.

When Pioli first took over Waters asked for a meeting with him but all he got was a meeting with Haley who told him Pioli wouldn't meet with him. That's why he's pissed. I don't blame him. If the Bills can get him with Roscoe in the deal somewhere so much the better.

It's always better to bring a rookie along slowly. So having Levitre or Wood sit for a year wouldn't be a bad thing. I also wonder if Wood can play tackle?

Is there anybody who deserves to go to the Pro-Bowl in your opinion?

Waters wanting to be traded by the Chiefs has nothing to do with money.

Link

According to Pat Moran of Scout, the Buffalo Bills are interested in the Kansas City Chiefs Brian Waters, who recently expressed his displeasure with the Chiefs new managment team head coach Todd Haley and GM Scott Pioli.

According to the reports posted in this space just two days ago, Waters asked to be released or traded. Waters, according to the Kansas City Star, cited Haley's "arrogance" and Pioli's denial of a meeting request by Waters as the reasons for his sudden change of heart.

When Pioli first took over Waters asked for a meeting with him but all he got was a meeting with Haley who told him Pioli wouldn't meet with him. That's why he's pissed. I don't blame him. If the Bills can get him with Roscoe in the deal somewhere so much the better.

It's always better to bring a rookie along slowly. So having Levitre or Wood sit for a year wouldn't be a bad thing. I also wonder if Wood can play tackle?

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the meeting Waters wanted to have with Pioli was about a contract extension.

Seems like he'd be asking for a lot, and if we've got - even 5 million a year, and I'm guessing he'll be asking more like 6.5 - 7 - I'd rather finish filling holes in the D. Wouldn't Henderson or a good OLB make more sense?

Your post makes sense... Leave the OL alone, it will develop very well naturally. And of course if we could pick up Henderson for no more than a fourth... shoot, go for it!!

I would give up a 3rd that could become a 2nd IF the Bills make the Super Bowl for Henderson.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the meeting Waters wanted to have with Pioli was about a contract extension.

Waters’ dissatisfaction is surprising given his reputation as a locker-room leader and his dedication to the organization. Waters is heavily involved in charitable activity in the Kansas City community and was a finalist for the NFL’s 2008 Man of the Year Award.

According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.

Linky

This is also from that article;

The Cardinals players told Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez that Haley, Arizona’s offensive coordinator, was aloof, condescending and ignored by veterans, the source said. Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald Jr. — Arizona’s offensive stars — were all members of the NFC Pro Bowl team.