Who's next?

Thanks--that shows as a Philly pick on ESPN. I thought the Bills gave that pick up to get Levitre but it looks like they gave the first 4th rounder for him.

I stand by my position: pick whoever you think is good. TE is a luxury and none of them this late will be very good.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-t...y-round-input:4

This will help you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, why bother?, You currently have a player who was 4th round rookie last year (Derek Fine) and hurt most of the year and a guy with two years exp (Derek Schoman) who not sure what round he was drafted or by who. Neither of those players have been around long enough to know how good they might be. Unless you get lucky anyone you get at this point likely isn't going to be better than the current players, so I think you're better going with best player available and maybe pick up another FA tight end someplace rather than "waste" and I use that term loosely another pick. Usually after the draft there's a bunch of more signings, maybe you get one there or a training camp cut from soneone. I also would be fine with a trade with some team, but I see no need in drafting one at this point . You can't keep chasing draft picks every year and right away give up on whom you already have. That's the long term secret to failure!

But wherever they may get another TE from, just make sure his first name is Derek! :worthy:

I agree - what's the point? Drafting a 2nd day TE to replace some other 2nd day TE already w/ experience on the roster?

At this point, why bother?, You currently have a player who was 4th round rookie last year (Derek Fine) and hurt most of the year and a guy with two years exp (Derek Schoman) who not sure what round he was drafted or by who. Neither of those players have been around long enough to know how good they might be. Unless you get lucky anyone you get at this point likely isn't going to be better than the current players, so I think you're better going with best player available and maybe pick up another FA tight end someplace rather than "waste" and I use that term loosely another pick. Usually after the draft there's a bunch of more signings, maybe you get one there or a training camp cut from soneone. I also would be fine with a trade with some team, but I see no need in drafting one at this point . You can't keep chasing draft picks every year and right away give up on whom you already have. That's the long term secret to failure!

But wherever they may get another TE from, just make sure his first name is Derek! :thumbsup:

You also have to consider the grade you give them. Its not as easy as saying that all fourth rounders are created equal. They aren't.

Besides, competition helps *everyone*. If the Bills think they can find someone in R4 who can seriously challenge for a starting job at TE, they need to strongly consider it.

Lawrence Sidbury is still available...

Time to trade up....for him....or Casey....

But there are also OT Cadogan und OT Meredith....also G Robinson. But i think OL is maybe done. But the OT-Situation scares me a little bit.

There is also LB McRath....und Freemann

I agree totally, but I also think at this point you don't know enough about either Derek to grade them, so really no easy way to compare unless there's someone who you feel is much better than 4th rounder and you're shocked is still there. Else go for best player.

You also have to consider the grade you give them. Its not as easy as saying that all fourth rounders are created equal. They aren't.

Besides, competition helps *everyone*. If the Bills think they can find someone in R4 who can seriously challenge for a starting job at TE, they need to strongly consider it.

I agree totally, but I also think at this point you don't know enough about either Derek to grade them, so really no easy way to compare unless there's someone who you feel is much better than 4th rounder and you're shocked is still there. Else go for best player.

I don't think they actually will take a TE here. LB or DL, most likely. One guy I didn't (and still don't) expect to be available at 121 is Lawrence Sidbury. They've already drafted a DE, but if he's there, it would be tough to pass on him.

If we are going TE- Dallas, Houston, Denver, Detroit, San Diego and Chicago are set at TE- and they are 7 of the picks before us. There is a good chance we get our choice of Nelson, Casey, or Ingram

Probably. But as fans we want them to draft a TE. A team will have grades on these guys. If the guy that remains, say Ingram, is the only one left us fans may be all over that and the team may not even consider him. I think the Bills probably like Nelson the most of those three, but that's just a hunch. Right now, since no other players excite me all that much at other positions, I would take any of the three. I wanted Casey all along (if we didn't get Pettigrew), then Nelson, then Ingram.

Probably. But as fans we want them to draft a TE. A team will have grades on these guys. If the guy that remains, say Ingram, is the only one left us fans may be all over that and the team may not even consider him. I think the Bills probably like Nelson the most of those three, but that's just a hunch. Right now, since no other players excite me all that much at other positions, I would take any of the three. I wanted Casey all along (if we didn't get Pettigrew), then Nelson, then Ingram.

I'd like to see Nelson here...But I'm betting The Bills don't go TE cause that's what most people think they will do... :thumbsup:

I'd like to see Nelson here...But I'm betting The Bills don't go TE cause that's what most people think they will do... :D

I like Nelson, too. It looks now that maybe all three will be available. At least two. You're probably right, they won't take any, they'll take a CB or another OG or WR. :thumbsup: Ingram would be interesting because that means the med staff think he's okay. I want Casey though.

I like Nelson, too. It looks now that maybe all three will be available. At least two. You're probably right, they won't take any, they'll take a CB or another OG or WR. :thumbsup: Ingram would be interesting because that means the med staff think he's okay. I want Casey though.

Down to 3 selections before we pick.....NO, CHI, TB