Official Draft Thread

we could have him with our 2nd rounder... .-(((

i dont know about that and if thats the guy they wanted and its obvious it was since they didnt waste any time I dont have a problem taking him at 28

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was 50-50. Still, Wood is such a good C prospect, especially against these 3-4 fronts, that it makes sense to just take the guy at 28 and not risk losing him.

even if he would be not there at 42.....we could have select Max Unger there...i would have picked DE E. Brown

But there is another note that makes me sad: The Pats have four = 4 Second Rounders.....wow

The problem is that Hangartner will be our C. Wood is likely to play LG, IMO. Still like the pick though

i think its the other way around....Hangartner was signed to play Guard from the begining in my opinion

Hangartner at C and Wood at G this season while Wood learns the game. Next year I think Wood starts a long productive career as the Bills Center

While I don't know the innerworkings of the O-Line, I just don't see this happening. Why waste a year teaching this kid one position if C is your long term goal for him.

im happy with the way this first round went for us.

i said in the early "official" draft thread that this day will be a good representation of the FO. addressing the lines and pass rush in the first round is a great start. Cant wait to see what we do in round 2.

and for the record, Woods wasnt making it out of the 1st. Now that we got him, Unger will probably go in the first too. They both would have been gone by the time we pick in the 2nd for sure. great pick.

Center is huuuuge!

even if he would be not there at 42.....we could have select Max Unger there...i would have picked DE E. Brown

But there is another note that makes me sad: The Pats have four = 4 Second Rounders.....wow

Perhaps, but I don't think they're interchangeable. Wood is a more physical player at the point of attack, which is exactly what the Bills need.

While I don't know the innerworkings of the O-Line, I just don't see this happening. Why waste a year teaching this kid one position if C is your long term goal for him.

cause guard is the simplest line position. and as a Center, and QB of the Line, he will have to know all the positions anyways. Give him a year to learn, move him in when he's ready. if that is week 4 this year, so be it. the good news is we have the talent to do what ever we want with the interior of the line.