Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait - no ones threatening to leave Bills fandom over this one? The Front Office must really be doing a good job :P

Hey wait... I'm walking! This draft stinks, we should have taken all the good players the raiders took! They did so much better than us. Miami's WR core is going to kill us next year with all those SWEET WR's. We should have drafted more CB's to compensate..

ah... Just kidding. :thumbsup:

That's a pretty big assumption, IMO.

If nothing else, this kid can be a ST contributor, while he learns the OLB prosition.

Bowen was having a really good training camp prior to his injury.

Also, only explanation as to why no LB in the draft, or FA. Unless

they do get a LB in FA after the draft.

Anyway, I did LOVE the Bowen pick last year, and do see him ing

the starting lineup at some point.

Buffalo has drafted a player of need in every round this year including Byrd in round 2. Lets face it Whitner is just not very good and will never be a difference maker. Brandon is kicking ass and Nic is strictly a linebacker in the NFL

We have missed the playoffs for 10 straight years... EVERY position on this team is a position of need.

Hey wait... I'm walking! This draft stinks, we should have taken all the good players the raiders took! They did so much better than us. Miami's WR core is going to kill us next year with all those SWEET WR's. We should have drafted more CB's to compensate..

ah... Just kidding. :thumbsup:

But seriously, look for Pat White in their Wildcat formations. That might spell some trouble.

Bowen = the defensive Roscoe Parish. Nickle back, at best.

Need to see how he comes back from the knee injury. That often takes a toll on lateral movement and quickness. The Harris pick is good insurance if Bowen has lost a step.

Buffalo has drafted a player of need in every round this year including Byrd in round 2. Lets face it Whitner is just not very good and will never be a difference maker. Brandon is kicking ass and Nic is strictly a linebacker in the NFL

That's an absolutely ridiculous comment. Whitner is a hell of a football player and his stats have suffered greatly because we have had to move him around so much to cover all our deficiencies on defense

highlight reel of Nic Harris

looks like a LB to me

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/21...-nic-harris.htm

One thing that jumps off the tape is his toughness and kick-ass attitude. He looks a lot like Adrian Wilson to me, even though I understand he'll be projected at linebacker.

But seriously, look for Pat White in their Wildcat formations. That might spell some trouble.

Interesting that this name came up. Harris may also be a guy without a perfectly fitting position. But he looks like a tough football player. Just put him in a situation where he can kick people's asses. I love this pick.

Bowen's a good player, but he'll need time to step into a starting lineup, IMO. As a 5th round pick who got injured in camp, he has a lot to learn...

Some early names for Round 6:

(again, some may have already been picked---let me know)

Michael Bennett DE43 Texas A&M

Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

Aaron Kelly WRP Clemson

Jaimie Thomas OG Maryland

Quan Cosby WRF Texas

Jonathan Casillas OLB43 Wisconsin

Andrew Gardner OT Georgia Tech

Zack Follett OLB43 California

The one thing that impresses me most about this draft so far is that every player has potential to be an immediate contributor. Obviously it depends on how they develop, etc., but this could end up being a great draft for us...

I just had to be a naysayer... Miami did pick alot of WR's though. White looks okay, but that depends on who's going to be throwing him the ball.

Miami's Wildcat is going to get found out more so than it did last year.

Interesting that this name came up. Harris may also be a guy without a perfectly fitting position. But he looks like a tough football player. Just put him in a situation where he can kick people's asses. I love this pick.

speaking of pat white and the wildcat and nic harris... harris looks like the perfect match to defend the pussycat. quick to the line, great tackler, great attacker.

That's an absolutely ridiculous comment. Whitner is a hell of a football player and his stats have suffered greatly because we have had to move him around so much to cover all our deficiencies on defense

What has made him a hell of a football player? Just curious. What do you see that most people on here don't? Whitner has been dissapointing for an 8th overall pick.