Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile...rospect_id=1619

Nic Harris, SS, Oklahoma

Nic Harris is a big, hard-hitting safety who has given nightmares to Big 12 opponents. It started when he was a freshman and earned some starts at free safety. A year later Harris was playing corner and ended the season back at free safety, where he led the team in interceptions and started to show just how good he could be. By his junior campaign, Harris was earning all-conference accolades from just about everybody

At 6-3 and 230 pounds, Harris is a big safety. Yet, his foot speed does not suffer due to his size. Harris does a great job getting into the backfield and he is always a candidate to blitz out of the secondary. During the 2007 season he recorded 9.5 tackles-for-loss and 3.5 sacks. Harris is not known for his coverage abilities, but he is not bad at it. Besides leading the team in 2006 with four interceptions, he tallied two in 2007 and broke up seven passes.

Harris might not have the pure athleticism and talent of some of the great safeties that have played in the NFL, but he is a solid player and low risk selection. For now he is likely a mid-round selection, but Harris can move his stock up quite a bit with a good senior season and a decent showing at the combine.

12/17 Update: Harris had a solid senior campaign, but did not put up eye popping numbers. He tallied 64 tackles, including three for a loss, but did not get a sack or an interception all year long. The Sooners defense had other playmakers to rack up the sacks and interceptions and Harris did what the team needed him to do. Despite the lack of flashy numbers, Harris still earned AP third-team All-America accolades.

2/12 Update: Harris is trying to move to the outside linebacker position, but the results are not so good. During practices at the Senior Bowl he struggled to move through all the traffic. His footwork is still fine, but he will have to add strength in order to fight through blocks. Harris will need to do better during the NFL Combine or he will fall into the second day of the draft.

NO WAY. I have been preaching about Harris for months, and the Bills actually took him. He is already better than Ellison, trust me. I cant believe he lasted as long as he did honestly. Taking round into consideration he will be the best pick in this draft for the Bills. LOVE IT.

Oh for sakes. We need a linebacker.

Why?

Mitchell, Poz and Bowen start

Thomas, Dig, and last years starter Ellison as

backups.

Whats the problem with that?

BTW, a good pass rush (Maybin) helps our LB's.

Also, I fully expect Maybin to get a shot at LB. Fast, burst,

and size kinda lends itself to LB.

Good Choice! All of us liked him from the get-go. OLB, or Safety?

Great flexibility. I think he is an OLB, who can play safety, or even nickle CB in a pinch (but that isn't a big need on this team, at the moment)

Brandt: RB in high school, Gil thinks he's a LB not a Safety, athlete with speed and 235. Similar to Coy Wire (seriously, they said that). 235 and fast, good athlete, should be a good blitzer...

NO WAY. I have been preaching about Harris for months, and the Bills actually took him. He is already better than Ellison, trust me. I cant believe he lasted as long as he did honestly. Taking round into consideration he will be the best pick in this draft for the Bills. LOVE IT.

Where do you see him playing?

He is already better than Ellison, trust me. I cant believe he lasted as long as he did honestly.

I hope you are correct, but anyone who KNOWS a guy with zero NFL experience is already better than an established NFL player...well, his word isn't to be trusted.

I remember you bringing his name up months ago, and like his height at safety, especially since we sometimes get burned over the top by guys like Moss. These safeties should help in the red zone.

I hope you are correct, but anyone who KNOWS a guy with zero NFL experience is already better than an established NFL player...well, his word isn't to be trusted.

So what you are saying is any of the top 10 draft picks in the last

10 years are not as good as Ellison based on they had no NFL

experience at that time???

:thumbsup: