What player will make your head explode

Bottom line is where ever you watch the draft.... have plenty of beers available. Either to drink and throw at the TV or to drink and celebrate. I am hoping it's not like years past and there will be a a lot of broken TVs.

IMO we can't take a TE at all with the 11th pick. We have way too many needs on both lines to be worried about getting the top rated TE with the 11th pick. We can use the 28th pick or the 42nd for TE.

I'm with you. There are enough TEs to wait for. Pettigrew is good but our O as much WCO as there is in it, we don't prioritize TE catching passes. Now we have Evans and piTO. So to expand a pick for TE that early, would just drive me nuts.

We need a pass rusher who can get to the QB or make the opp. offense one dimensional. I think we have a chance to get somebody really, really good on the line with the #11 pick. I'm not even convinced we need a OL pick in the 1st round, but won't be upset if they did pick an OL player.

But with some of the others here, I prepared for this brain trust to overreach for a cruddy player with the 11 and/or 28th pick or worse trade down when a game changer is there for the taking due to "economics of a small market team."

C

Interesting question seeing that hindsight is always crystal clear with the the draft. It always seems to build players up to a level people perceive to be but that they really aren't. Everyone freaked out when we took Whitner off the board instead of Matt Leinart in 2006. Whitner is a good safety and Leinarts a bum qb. I think some people would be upset if we passed on Maybin but I dont see Buffalo taking any more undersized rush ends.

If any of the following is there: J. Smith, E. Monroe, A. Smith, M. Oher, B. Pettigrew, R. Ayers ---> and we take E. Brown or A. Maybin. I don't drink but will have to consider it. There are eight or so DE's but only four O' linemen and one TE that are above and beyond the rest. Ayers and possibly T. Jackson would ease the pain but not the above mentioned E. Flowers clones.

The only one that would make my head explode would be Curry, because he is one of the few players in this draft head and shoulders above the rest at his position. I just couldn't forgive them for passing.

Aside from him, I have my favorites in this draft, but I wouldn't be upset if they went in a different direction.

The only one that would make my head explode would be Curry, because he is one of the few players in this draft head and shoulders above the rest at his position. I just couldn't forgive them for passing.

Aside from him, I have my favorites in this draft, but I wouldn't be upset if they went in a different direction.

What does Curry do that is so special?

You really think Curry is "head and shoulders above" Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga etc...?

None. Considering the amount of time 32 teams spend looking at these guys, I don't pretend to know on draft day that "this guy is better than that one". My explosions come when they actually hit on players but don't keep them.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Lots of Curry fans here - and I am as well but I think Cincy takes him at #6.

49ers pick in the first round right before the Bills just like in 2007 - Willis/Lynch both turned out to be solid picks.

I think Raji could be there for Buffalo but I could easily see Green Bay snagging him at #8. THe DT drop-off is pretty big after him.

The 9ers have big needs on both lines and at RB, so it's hard to say what SF will do. It's possible to wait on a RB but what if Moreno is there at #10?

Buffalo will get a good player in their spot. Oher, Orakpo or Maybin would be fine picks.

What does Curry do that is so special?

You really think Curry is "head and shoulders above" Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga etc...?

Unquestionably. I could rattle off several concerns for any of the top linebackers, including Cushing (durability concerns, lack of position identity, limited college production) and Maualuga (overly aggressive, coverage ability, past off the field indescretions).

When people refer to Curry as a "safe" pick, that should be mistaken as settling for someone. He is a very complete football player.