Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Geezus, it's almost as if the Magic players are looking at each other and thinking, "hey man, how do you win?"...."I dunno man, do you know? Maybe he knows, cause I have no idea."

Up by 5 pts with less than two mins to go....Lakers get a basket to cut it to three, and then D.Howard gets sent to the line....all ya really gotta do is sink one of them....what does he do? He goes Shaq on us. Lakers take the ball, pass here, pass there, find Fisher with Nelson in VERY soft coverage (like a dumbass), *bam*, Lakers tied up.

If Orlando loses this game after OT, they will be able to look back and pinpoint exactly why they lost the championship. It's not rocket science. You have the chance to END someone, you do it.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing more infuriating than watching a team that just can't finish. The better team winning is fine when they're the ones dishing out the beat down....but when you benefit because the other team gets more piss on the seat than they do in the toilet, then it's really unsettling.

There's nothing more infuriating than watching a team that just can't finish. The better team winning is fine when they're the ones dishing out the beat down....but when you benefit because the other team gets more piss on the seat than they do in the toilet, then it's really unsettling.

Come on... I am by no means a LAL ball washer... But the LALer's are THE BETTER team. Period, Fisher made his shot. The better teams finish. Somebody will finish, give credit where credit is do. Howard was horrible at the line... He makes ONE of those FT's and the game is over.

Come on... I am by no means a LAL ball washer... But the LALer's are THE BETTER team. Period, Fisher made his shot. The better teams finish. Somebody will finish, give credit where credit is do. Howard was horrible at the line... He makes ONE of those FT's and the game is over.

Come on what? You said the same thing I did lol. I said I hate watching teams that can't finish...Orlando can't finish! Obviously LA is the better team.

Come on what? You said the same thing I did lol. I said I hate watching teams that can't finish...Orlando can't finish! Obviously LA is the better team.

Sorry... Thanks... I see what you arre saying... Sorry for beiing combative. :rolleyes:

Funny LAL won, even know the officials seemed to be in the bag for ORL in the 4th...

Sorry... Thanks... I see what you arre saying... Sorry for beiing combative. :rolleyes:

Funny LAL won, even know the officials seemed to be in the bag for ORL in the 4th...

I was actually loving the last two mins, cause at first there were NO fouls....it was just a back and forth exchange for like an entire minute, lol. Pretty cool. My man Robert Horry has nothing on D.Fisher....the guy was clutch. Clutch wins championships.

I feel bad for the Magic. They are a very good team, but they may still be one piece away from turning the corner...they will get it right. Thanks to a nearby tornado, we pretty much didn't get the first half of the game here (tornado alley), but that second half was just brutal, for anyone rooting for the Magic. They did just about everything wrong, and the Lakers took advantage...I guess that is what experience does for you. This was almost a repeat of game 4 last year, with the Lakers in the role of the loser... I hope the Magic can pull one out on Sunday. As funny as it sounds, and as bad as it was tonight, I still think the Magic can extend this series...they have the talent, do they have the desire? I know the Lakers are going to win it, but make 'em work for it.

Dwight Howard lets himself get fouled way too easily. Every time he has the ball under the basket with no one around, he takes two dribbles and bends his knees all the way to the floor. If he would just jump quickly and lay the ball in the hoop instead of gathering himself for a huge dunk then he wouldn't even have to make free throws.

Dwight Howard lets himself get fouled way too easily. Every time he has the ball under the basket with no one around, he takes two dribbles and bends his knees all the way to the floor. If he would just jump quickly and lay the ball in the hoop instead of gathering himself for a huge dunk then he wouldn't even have to make free throws.

I didn't want to say it, but since you opened it up, I think Howard is going to be a tremendous player in the future, but he is not there yet...I think he will improve in the free throw area...he isn't Shaq bad, IMO, but there were times this offseason (and he did hit some clutch free throws in these playoffs) where he just looks kind of skittish about heading to the foul line. Tonight, it didn't look like he, or anyone else on the Magic for that matter, had any confidence that he would hit them...

but that second half was just brutal, for anyone rooting for the Magic. They did just about everything wrong, and the Lakers took advantage...I guess that is what experience does for you.

It sure was, and that really hurt.......it sucks to watch your team work so hard and then just give it away.....I'm too down to comment further right now....... :D:thumbsup::rolleyes:

With the exception of the foul on Kobe when Fisher hit the 3. Obvious foul with Kobe elbowing Nelson on the chin. Should've been a call there. :rolleyes:

That (elbow to the chin ) had to hurt. I wonder if Nelson has

a dentist appt. this AM to check his chompers.

The foul on Gasol as the game ended was pretty bush league.

I expect a fine as that was blatant as all heck

Yeah right. Like he's really getting on SportCenter if he does that. :rolleyes:

The foul on Gasol as the game ended was pretty bush league.

I expect a fine as that was blatant as all heck

Gasol got a technical after the play but a foul was not called on him. Yes it was bush league to dunk the ball up 5 with 3.4 seconds remaining but it is not a foul by the letter of the law. I doubt Gasol is fined.

I didn't want to say it, but since you opened it up, I think Howard is going to be a tremendous player in the future, but he is not there yet...I think he will improve in the free throw area...he isn't Shaq bad, IMO, but there were times this offseason (and he did hit some clutch free throws in these playoffs) where he just looks kind of skittish about heading to the foul line. Tonight, it didn't look like he, or anyone else on the Magic for that matter, had any confidence that he would hit them...

I hate to say it because he is a really good player, but Howard is kinda of soft. He just seems like a little bit too nice of guy. He was letting Kobe shove him around. If that guy had a temper and some low post moves, he could be one of the greatest to ever play the game.

I was really pulling for the Magic to win because I think Kobe is the phoniest person on the planet, but they are extremely frustrating. They just make dumb decisions and it is painful to watch them shoot free throws. Because of the beyond stupid 2-3-2 format, they are done.

I hate to say it because he is a really good player, but Howard is kinda of soft. He just seems like a little bit too nice of guy. He was letting Kobe shove him around. If that guy had a temper and some low post moves, he could be one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Howard's playing soft because that's what the league wants. He has 5 technicals, and 3 of them were for petty crap. It doesn't appear that they are calling them so quickly in the finals, but he can't take that chance.

I feel bad for the Magic. They are a very good team, but they may still be one piece away from turning the corner...

I don't think that's true at all. They have, very aggravatingly, given away two games by missing last second shots (Lee's layup and Howards free throws). Other than that they have played right with the best team in the league. There's two things Orlando is missing: Experience and a healthy Nelson. Injuries suck and are a part of the game, but the Magic don't have to do anything but keep their young team together and they will be a shoe in for the conference finals for the next few years.

All through the playoffs I keep thinking how exciting this team is going to be next year, with Nelson back and Lee in his second season! The only bump in the road is getting Turk signed, but I have (blind) faith he'll be back.

I don't think that's true at all. They have, very aggravatingly, given away two games by missing last second shots (Lee's layup and Howards free throws). Other than that they have played right with the best team in the league. There's two things Orlando is missing: Experience and a healthy Nelson. Injuries suck and are a part of the game, but the Magic don't have to do anything but keep their young team together and they will be a shoe in for the conference finals for the next few years.

All through the playoffs I keep thinking how exciting this team is going to be next year, with Nelson back and Lee in his second season! The only bump in the road is getting Turk signed, but I have (blind) faith he'll be back.

I agree that the Magic have been excruiatingly close to winning the last two games that they have lost, but when you are in the Finals and considered the underdog in the series, you absolutely have to make those end of game plays. You just can't give a team who believes they are the better team and deserves to win the series a chance to take those games away from you, because they will take it.

As for Turk, I think he will be able to get more money going elsewhere, but I don't think he could be in a better situation as far as the offensive system matching his skill-set then he is right here in Orlando. He is due to get $7.3 million next year if he doesn't opt out of the final year of his contract, and I don't know how much higher per-year the Magic are willing(or able) to go in a contract extension, but I hope they can work one out and keep this core group together for Championship runs over the next few years(Howard, Nelson, Lewis, all under contract for 5 more years).

I agree that the Magic have been excruiatingly close to winning the last two games that they have lost, but when you are in the Finals and considered the underdog in the series, you absolutely have to make those end of game plays. You just can't give a team who believes they are the better team and deserves to win the series a chance to take those games away from you, because they will take it.

I'm not arguing that or trying to give them a pass. I'm only saying that I don't think this team is "missing a piece" (unless by piece he meant experience, which wasn't how I read it) They're a young team in playoff/finals experience, playing a very talented team that has been there before. Add a healthy/non rusty Nelson to the experience this post-season has given them, and all the pieces are already in place for a dominating future.

And again, I'm really high on Lee. I think he's really going to be a solid, aggresive player for this team, and that's exactly what they need.