I'm predicting Peters will be signed before draft

I think the Buffalo Bills lost a ton of fan approval momentum that was gained by the acquiring Owens when it was announced that Lynch would be getting a three game suspension and right after that Whitner was tased and arrested. Boom boom, very bad, very negative press just like that.

How do you help sell the team again? Well you don't do that by trading away your best and currently most important player at one of the toughest positions for a draft pick. You show him the money, making the fans happy, making the QB happy, making the coach happy and move on to the other big booster shot of fan excitement, the draft. Also, you don't trade someone you "value".

Hey, this is my theory... you can shoot it down if you'd like.

I predict that Peters will be traded before the draft comes to completion. As far as momentum from the Owens signing, I believe there were nearly as many people who were against it and thought it was a mistake as there were that thought it was a good deal.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea. How about we pay him the league minimum on his paycheck, and then just deliver fistfuls of cash to his locker every day so he doesn't have to pay taxes. That way he doesn't get screwed on direct deposit fees. We won't franchise him because he'll have an open ended contract - he can leave any day he feels like it. If he doesn't want to show up, he doesn't have to. If he wants to go play for NE for a few games after the season, then so be it. If he feels like leaving next season after collecting his signing bonus in cash (fistful of cash form, of course), then he can. And if he chooses to stay, we should write in that Ralph Wilson will deliver coffee to him personally every day, on the field. He also gets use of the team plane whenever he needs it, and the team boat - which hasn't yet been purchased. Get 'er done, Russ!!

Some of you people are complete !@#$ing idiots.

A post that stupid and you are calling other people complete !@#$ing idiots? I think I have seen it all now.

I agree about the business part. There has to be some apprehension on the Bills part to give this guy a ton of money. However, it seems they have offered a decent contract but he wants more.

Of course there has to be apprehension. Look at it this way, It is like buying a race car that had some really good races a few years ago, but for the last year it has been sluggish, stalling and running like crap. Do you buy it for what it did prior to last year? I think I would be apprehensive about buying it at all much less paying top dollar. Maybe my analogy sounds dumb, but I don't even like racing-just the first thought that came to mind.

What's to say the IF the Bills stroked his ego right after he made his first pro-bowl that they wouldn't be right here anyway? To me Peters is a complete prima donna and the Bills would be best served to trade his butt for multiple draft picks or some other great player and a draft pick.

I doubt it - half these players are little boys looking for approval that they didn't get from their daddy or something- money is just a way of keeping score- I guarantee you that Parker is telling Peters that he's the greatest and stroking his ego daily, not because he cares about Peters in anyway but because it's good business, people on this board think of fawning praise as weakness, it's not, it's manipulation- who do you think has the power in the Peters - Parker relationship (btw does any one but me think this whole Peters Parker thing is funny, well do you Spiderman ) it's Parker even though he's kissing Peters a$$. Now if the Bills were smart they could have wedged themselves in and reduce Parker's influence- but playing hardball they just allowed Parker to have greater influence " Aww Jason are those mean Buffalo Bills picking on you" "Jason you are the best LT ever and I'm going to make sure you are paid like it" blah blah blah.

I think the pro bowl should be somewhat like the HOF ballot. I think selected sports writers or stats ananalysis (spelling) should have the most say as to who makes the pro bowl. Obviously everyone knows that Peters did not deserve to go last season and yes I know sacks allowed is not an official stat but you cant help but notice it. I think players should go to the pro bowl based on performance throughout the season and not because they are liked by other NFL players/coaches. IMO if Peters didnt make the pro bowl last year we would have had him signed already to a more reasonable contract.

I guess at that point they start to wonder if maybe it wasn't a mistake not to get a new deal with him in February of 2008 before the Long and Gross mega deals pushed the market price for top LT's into the stratoshpere. Then I think they have to make a business decsion, what will help us win more games, signing Peters at that high a price or saving the money to use elsewhere? All this junk about teaching peopel a lesson is for infants with hurt feelings, is business Fredo, strictly business.

Knowing Peters and his agent, they would have come back for an extension again in 2010...

- in my opinion the Bills should have come to Peters right after he was announced for his first pro-bowl, stroked his ego, give him a pay increase and incentives to make more, but it seems the Bills FO also want their Egos strokes which is very immature and to me just stupid business- and they are paying for it now.

NO.. He had just signed an extension a year earlier. No team in the enitre world would have offered up another contract after just handing thesmae player a raise / extension.

NO.. He had just signed an extension a year earlier. No team in the enitre world would have offered up another contract after just handing thesmae player a raise / extension.

contracts are often reopened after players make pro-bowls

I'd give Peters one more million than Gross. 6 years $61million.

:thumbsup: Excellent post!

I think Peters and his agent would be really stupid not to jump on that offer. It's a terrific compromise, and only the rookie on the Dolphins would be earning more then Peters. I hope sanity prevails and the Bills end up signing him to an extension.

Lets pay him 33 million for 3 years, with all of it coming in year 3, or just let him play out his contract.

This whole disaster is because the Bill's FO brought in Walker and Dockery at more money. neither will ever go to the pro bowl unless they buy tickets. Why should Peters not be upset and play hardball when it was OK to pay under performing players much more money.

Another Peters thread....

There is nothing new relative to this topic. My vote is no more Peters threads until he is either signed or traded. Once either of those events occurs then the dialogue will be:

He was signed for way too much coin or the Bills made the deal they had to make

Look at what the Bills got in return on the trade it was a good move or the Bills lost an elite player and got little in return

The discussion on Peters is worn out. Maybe he should go out and get arrested for something to liven up the board.

I'd give Peters one more million than Gross. 6 years $61million.

Perfect scenario. The NFL cannot afford to let rookie contracts set the price for vets, it should be the other way around and without the league intervening they are the only ones with the power to do so. Peters would then be valued as a top LT in terms of money.

and if/when Peters gets paid and turns into the next lazy Mike Williams, 1billsfan will be the first one here bitching about how stupid the FO office is to overpay such a slouch and that they should have evaluated his talent better...

its a never ending bitchfest

Lets pay him 33 million for 3 years, with all of it coming in year 3, or just let him play out his contract.

This whole disaster is because the Bill's FO brought in Walker and Dockery at more money. neither will ever go to the pro bowl unless they buy tickets. Why should Peters not be upset and play hardball when it was OK to pay under performing players much more money.

The fact that others are making more money than him is irrelevant, it is all about being a free agent at the right time. So Owens is making more than Evans this season, so under your theory he should hold out. Last year Edwards made only a fraction of what Losman was making. If any player was underperforming it was Peters himself. Nobody put a gun to Peters' head to sign the last contract, in fact the Bills were being quite generous in offering it at the time, in fact they were the one organization that gave him a shot as an undrafted Free Agent to begin with. As far having the majority of 33 million paid in the last season, he would never sign it because him and his agent are aware that the Bills could just cut him after year two and he wouldn't get any of it that wasn't a signing bonus.

and if/when Peters gets paid and turns into the next lazy Mike Williams, 1billsfan will be the first one here bitching about how stupid the FO office is to overpay such a slouch and that they should have evaluated his talent better...

its a never ending bitchfest

I've always admitted when I was wrong B word.

BTW, if you had reading comprehension you'd understand that it was a topic neither backing him or slamming him. It was a prediction of the outcome.

Another Peters thread....

There is nothing new relative to this topic. My vote is no more Peters threads until he is either signed or traded. Once either of those events occurs then the dialogue will be:

He was signed for way too much coin or the Bills made the deal they had to make

Look at what the Bills got in return on the trade it was a good move or the Bills lost an elite player and got little in return

The discussion on Peters is worn out. Maybe he should go out and get arrested for something to liven up the board.

Here's my vote: anyone who posts about threads or topics being old or repeated, should get thrown out. Because after all, if you think the post is old or repeated, all you have to do is not read it and move on, right?

If I were an offensive lineman, Buffalo would actually be one of the places I'd want to play at. Endorsements and publicity are irrelevant as an OL, and making $10m per year in Buffalo is a lot easier than $10m per year in a place like Philly where the fans are brutal and the media worse. For a dude like Peters that seems to avoid the media, I'd think all else equal, he'd want to stay in Buffalo. After the draft, his position is weakened as much as the Bills unless the guy is willing to flush his career down the drain.