Scheffler wants out

Fingon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.

Offer 3rd; 2nd if we must.

If Denver get's a 2nd out of us for Scheffler then that will now make 2 trades that they would of made out on.

God I hope our FO doesn't see him the way you do.

I dont know, I just dont see this trade happening. I feel like the Bills could have pulled the trigger on this a month ago but instead are probably going to wait until after the draft before they do anything.

I personally hate the waiting game. No TE the Bills could draft in the 3rd is as good as Scheffler is now.

TE might be wide open this year, lot's more room to work with Lee and TO out there.

Scheffler would make me happy. He's no Tony, but he's no Rob Royal either. We're not taking Pettigrew in the 1st, he'll be gone in the 2nd, so let's pick Scheffler up with that 3rd rounder. Methinks it's a plan!

If Denver get's a 2nd out of us for Scheffler then that will now make 2 trades that they would of made out on.

God I hope our FO doesn't see him the way you do.

Me either Magox. I wouldn't give any of my picks in 09 for an injury prone TE. This years draft is crucial to the Bills and their playoff hopes. I'd rather draft a TE to develop his own rapport with our QB. Besides Scheffler seems as big a puss as Cutler.

I fully understand the excitement!!! The Bills are a single TE from being a great football team. Either that, or they are a QB, non-criminal RB, OL, DL, entire LB core, and an above avg secondary away from being avg.

They are starting Daniel Graham and just re-signed Putzier, so Scheffler is their 3rd TE. And some of you folks are going to folk over a third, or a friggin' second rounder? Hellooooooo??

Begin with a 4th. He's disgruntled, and Denver is cleaning house in McDaniel's first year. With the donkeys in sell mode, you might be able to get him for a song.

Besides, 2nd and 3rd round picks are where you make your money in the draft. Forking them over all the time is what franchises like Washington do. This year's draft seems to have a lot of talent in the 2nd-3rd round who could be good down the road.

He plays in Denver not New England.

He's on the outs in Denver because McDaniels prefers blocking TEs and they have Daniel Graham, who is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL and just resigned the massive Jeb Putzier.

Yeah, that was a great pick by New England...a blocking TE who basically doesn't catch passes....

here's a question: is Scheffler even a better run blocker than Josh Reed (who is one of the best run blocking receivers in the game)? If he's not, or even if it's close, what's the advantage of him being on the field over Reed?

here's a question: is Scheffler even a better run blocker than Josh Reed (who is one of the best run blocking receivers in the game)? If he's not, or even if it's close, what's the advantage of him being on the field over Reed?

Not over Reed, in addition to Reed. You know, 3 WR's, a RB, and a TE?