I'd rather have Edwards than Cutler

Denver HAD to win the game at home against the Bills, and Edwards beat Cutler. Edwards seems to be a level headed guy who can emerge as a leader, especially if he gets protection, has some good play calling, and now has more weapons than ever.

Cutler is an egomaniac, not to mention a crybaby. He'll flounder in Chicago.

One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen here, and there are a lot to choose from...

Last I checked the Bills beat the Broncos and Edwards and Cutler didnt play head to head...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

orton put up decent numbers with average receivers...in denver he'll have some real nice targets and will put up nice numbers next year. if he can put up 18 td's with hester and olsen then he will put up 25 with sheffler, marshall and the others. then denver can shore up that defense with all those picks

To further how DUMB this thread is...let me ask you this...

So every game that Joe Montanna lost, Payton Manning lost, Brady has lost, Marino has lost, etc means the opposing QB is better than them because they beat them? You cant be this stupid...well, it is the TSW board, so maybe you can...

JP Losman has won many games...so is he better than every QB he won against?

I am dumbfounded by how lame this thread is...

:wallbash::thumbdown::unsure::wallbash::censored::thumbdown:

Edwards didn't beat Cutler, Reggie Corner beat Cutler. He's the one who broke up the almost sure TD pass to Stokely at the end of that game. Corner made a great play knocking the ball out of his hands. Seriously though, Cutler ate us up in yardage that game. He threw for 359 yards, but no TD's and 1 INT. Corner saved us with a great play in the end. In a way, Corner caused this whole situation. Hear me out. Corner doesn't make that play then they make the playoffs. They make the playoffs then Shanahan doesn't lose his job. If Shanahan doesn't lose his job then Cutler is still a Bronco. Way to go Reggie!!! :thumbdown::unsure:

Dont forget Cutler ran for 2 TD's too...

:thumbdown:

I agree wholeheartedly. My in-laws live in Colorado and are huge Bronco fans. Even they can't stand Cutler. (I would've had a really hard time rooting for him.)

I'm not saying Cutler is a douche one way or another. I work at Vanderbilt. The guy showed up here everyday to work. He had an episode of immaturity - but after he was suspended for I don't remember now how many games, he got his act together. He played for a coach who didn't tolerate any bull. And his teammates LOVED him. The community loved him. The kid has a fire in his belly to win. Coming from Vandy that's saying something. ;-)

Prior to this episode with McDaniels (whom I believe his making a case for being a douche. Remember him jawing with Belichik at halftime last season?) - I don't recall anything else untoward except the jawing with SD's Rivers and the my arm is better than Elway's comment. That just shows me he has moxie. And to top it all he was voted to the Pro Bowl by his peers.

If all of the above makes him a "douche", sign me up. I'd rather win with a douche than lose with a saint. The front office seems to have come around to that way of thinking as well. We just signed the biggest me guy "douche" in the history of the game at WR. I'm sick and tired of losing with "fine young men."

Up to this point, I'm optimistic about Edwards potential - but that's all it is potential. He needs to step up this year. Regardless of scheme, coordinators etc. I'd like for him to take a game and the team on his shoulders and show that he refuses to lose. Thus far I haven't seen that "fire" from him. I've seen plenty of that with Cutler.

C

You would never know this is a forum for Bills fans. Let's take our kid and rip him to shreds!! Yea!! Cutler's way better, Trent sucks, blah, blah, blah...After all,. our guy has had 2 whole years, on a bad team, with inept coaching, to lead us to the playoffs! He CAN'T WIN! (12-11). He CAN'T PLAY IN THE COLD!! (beat Denver in 17 degrees, led 4th qtr comeback w/ a great pass to Freddy J). He WEARS GLOVES!! (so does Kurt Warner, in AZ!). You negative nancy's make me sick. "BUT,BUT, BUT he played badly against Cleveland!!". Yes he did. And he STILL almost won that game w/ a gorgeous seam throw to Royal that put us in position to win. You'll recall the coaches then panicked and ran #23 3 times into the pile, then Lindell missed a long but makable kick. Is Trent all world? No. Does he deserve the absolute mountain of crap that many of these "fans" heap on him. Hardly. The kids got all the tools. How about we root FOR him, instead of the constant negative drivel? This is where the braindead say "So you're saying Trent is all world! Blah, blah, blah....".

Who cares about Cutlers disposition. Did any of his teammates come out and bash during this process? How about former college teammates or coaches? No, so the fact that Mark Schlereth says that he is a baby means nothing at all to me (I'm sure that douche isn't biased at all, the fact that he is even allowed to comment just goes to show you how much of a joke ESPN actually is). It is well known that Troy Aikman was not liked by his teammates but he won the Super Bowl a couple of times.

When comparing Trent to Cutler, you have to first ask, "What has Trent done?" The answer is not much. You can say that he flashed potential or that he throws an accurate and catchable ball. But you can also say that he is injury prone, has melted down and that he doesn't play well in the cold.

Now ask, "What has Cutler done? 45 TD's, 32 int's, 8000+ yds. and 63% com. in his first two years of starting. You'd be hard-pressed to find to many QB's who have done that in the history of the NFL. He also has started 30+ straight games.

I like Trent and I think he COULD turn out to be good. But this isn't even an argument. Cutler is WAY BETTER and even if Trent turns out alright, he won't even come close to Cutler's league.

You would never know this is a forum for Bills fans. Let's take our kid and rip him to shreds!! Yea!! Cutler's way better, Trent sucks, blah, blah, blah...After all,. our guy has had 2 whole years, on a bad team, with inept coaching, to lead us to the playoffs! He CAN'T WIN! (12-11). He CAN'T PLAY IN THE COLD!! (beat Denver in 17 degrees, led 4th qtr comeback w/ a great pass to Freddy J). He WEARS GLOVES!! (so does Kurt Warner, in AZ!). You negative nancy's make me sick. "BUT,BUT, BUT he played badly against Cleveland!!". Yes he did. And he STILL almost won that game w/ a gorgeous seam throw to Royal that put us in position to win. You'll recall the coaches then panicked and ran #23 3 times into the pile, then Lindell missed a long but makable kick. Is Trent all world? No. Does he deserve the absolute mountain of crap that many of these "fans" heap on him. Hardly. The kids got all the tools. How about we root FOR him, instead of the constant negative drivel? This is where the braindead say "So you're saying Trent is all world! Blah, blah, blah....".

Relax dude.

Believe it or not, it's okay for people to think that Cutler is better than Edwards. In fact, most of the breathing, football-watching world thinks that Cutler is better than Edwards. Most of us watched Cutler light it up last season in Denver, while Edwards struggled mightily down the stretch, and played his worst football against the teams he needs to play the best against--his own division.

Another major reason people doubt Edwards' ability is that he only plays well against horrible defenses. That's not even a debatable point, it's a statistic. Just because people don't believe Edwards is better than Cutler doesn't mean they're not fans. I am a rabid Bills supporter and have had season tickets for 21 of my 28 years on this Earth, but I don't think Edwards is very good (of course, at this point, I'm obligated to point out that I don't like JP Losman either, since I'm sure I'll be labled a "fanboy", whatever that means).

It's fine to be positive about the team, and it's cool that you see Edwards' performances through rose-colored goggles. You just can't expect everyone to agree with you, and the fact that some of us don't doesn't make us "brain dead".

Trent isn't taking a "mountain of crap", he's being evaluated based on his play. The team went 7-7 in games he started and the opponents were as follows:

Opponent Def. Ranking

Seattle 30

Jacksonville 17

Oakland 27

St. Louis 28

San Diego 25

Kansas City 31

Denver 29

Contrast that against the teams Buffalo was defeated by when Edwards started:

Opponent Def. Ranking

Miami 15

Arizona 19

NY Jets 16

New England 10

San Francisco 13

Cleveland 26

All some of us are asking is that the guy play well against a decent defense. It's not being negative dude, it's being analytical.

Do you remember the game that Edwards had against the Browns last year? Jay Cutler does not have those types of games.

It was clear to me that Edwards had some issues with his concussion. He shouldn't have been on the field. He was shell-shocked.

Listen, if all you guys want to trash Edwards, go on ahead and do that. I don't care. I am a Bills fan, and I'm glad we have him. Would you have given up 2 number ones and Edwards for Cutler?

Relax dude.

Believe it or not, it's okay for people to think that Cutler is better than Edwards. In fact, most of the breathing, football-watching world thinks that Cutler is better than Edwards. Most of us watched Cutler light it up last season in Denver, while Edwards struggled mightily down the stretch, and played his worst football against the teams he needs to play the best against--his own division.

Another major reason people doubt Edwards' ability is that he only plays well against horrible defenses. That's not even a debatable point, it's a statistic. Just because people don't believe Edwards is better than Cutler doesn't mean they're not fans. I am a rabid Bills supporter and have had season tickets for 21 of my 28 years on this Earth, but I don't think Edwards is very good (of course, at this point, I'm obligated to point out that I don't like JP Losman either, since I'm sure I'll be labled a "fanboy", whatever that means).

It's fine to be positive about the team, and it's cool that you see Edwards' performances through rose-colored goggles. You just can't expect everyone to agree with you, and the fact that some of us don't doesn't make us "brain dead".

Trent isn't taking a "mountain of crap", he's being evaluated based on his play. The team went 7-7 in games he started and the opponents were as follows:

Opponent Def. Ranking

Seattle 30

Jacksonville 17

Oakland 27

St. Louis 28

San Diego 25

Kansas City 31

Denver 29

Opponent Def. Ranking

Miami 15

Arizona 19

NY Jets 16

New England 10

San Francisco 13

Cleveland 26

All some of us are asking is that the guy play well against a decent defense. It's not being negative dude, it's being analytical.

really, really good post. I like edwards a lot and I think He has the ability to be an above average QB in this league. He is currently average, though, because he can beat the bad teams and can not beat the good ones. That said, this coaching staff has never been able to beat a quality opponent. This team really needs an identity, and it needs to choose to run the football consistently and often. That is how you beat 3-4 defenses. you don't do it by short dump off passes or slants (west coast style). that feeds directly into a 3-4's strength. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the re-infatuation the NFL has with 3-4's is because the west coast offense is so popular now that the 3-4 scheme is best suited to attack that style of play.

hopefully our staff can prepare Edwards and our offensive game plan better for playing against the phins, jets and pats D.

otherwise his numbers will look the same...

Relax dude.

Opponent Def. Ranking

Seattle 30

Jacksonville 17

Oakland 27

St. Louis 28

San Diego 25

Kansas City 31

Denver 29

Opponent Def. Ranking

Miami 15

Arizona 19

NY Jets 16

New England 10

San Francisco 13

Cleveland 26

Now that is a scary stat. The Bills never played a defense in the top 9 of the league and the offense was still that crappy??

Now that is a scary stat. The Bills never played a defense in the top 9 of the league and the offense was still that crappy??

What's even scarier is there are people that think drafting a pass rushing DE is a priority, like somehow 1 defensive player will overcome that excuse for an offense.

Relax dude.

Opponent Def. Ranking

Seattle 30

Jacksonville 17

Oakland 27

St. Louis 28

San Diego 25

Kansas City 31

Denver 29

Opponent Def. Ranking

Miami 15

Arizona 19

NY Jets 16

New England 10

San Francisco 13

Cleveland 26

Points all well taken. But if you don't see some/many alleged "fans" trashing Edwards, you haven't read much of this thread prior. And I'm not saying he's "better" than Cutler (although he may be eventually- he has 2 years w/ DJ, vs Cutler's 4 years w/ Shanny). Differing viewpoints are cool. Trashing our young QB, as many regularly do, not so cool.

Bandit

Opponent defensive rankings where cutler won

Oakland 27

New Orleans 23

Cleveland 26

Atlanta 24

Jets 16

K.C 31

Tampa 9 (16-13) score

Opponent defensive rankings where cutler lost

Sandiego 25

K.C 31

Jacksonville 17

New England 10 (41-7) score

oakland 27

Carolina 18

Buffalo 14

Bandit, couldn't you make the same argument for Cutler? The teams he beat had bad defenses, except for Tampa and in that game they only scored 16 points.

and if you look at the teams they lost to, they were'nt so hot either, look at how many points they put up against New England: 7 points.

So the argument you just made, can be made for Cutler as well.

Now I'm not saying Edwards is better, because at this stage he isn't. But I just wanted you to know that the same argument you made can be made for Cutler as well.