I'd rather have Edwards than Cutler

I used to think you were a good poster, but you're getting pathetic. Let's keep looking for ways to tear down our players. You're a great fan. Unlike yourself, I have no personal preference to who the QB is. I rooted for Losman until he proved he wasn't capable of being a NFL starter. But the fact that you go to this much trouble to tear down a 2nd year player who plays one of the hardest positions is sports speaks a lot of you a a "fan."

But please come back if Edwards struggles and brag about how right you are. Personally, I'd rather see my team be successful than be right on a message board but more power to you. :beer:

Please show me where I have tore down Trent...I mean seriously...if you have a problem with his stats as tearing him down, then I suggest you befriend him on Myspace, Facebook, Twitter or whatever other kind of way you can reach and tell him to play better, because I didnt make those stats up, its just how he played...

All I have done is be honest about his performance THUS far...maybe thats a hard concept for you to understand so I will say it again...THUS FAR...I have never said he cant or wont get better...never...I have never called him a name, or said anything derogatory about him.

No amount of bashing of me can change that he has not played at a level capable of making us competitive on a weekly basis...end of story...you can whine, stomp your feet, call names, etc all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesnt change what he did on the field...

Unlike other posters on this topic and other topics, I have kept this PURELY ANALYTICAL. I am about as hard core of a Bills fan as there is and will be the first one standing up and cheering Trent just like last year...but NONE of that changes the fact he performed at a SUBPAR level in MORE games than he has performed well, and thats is 100% factual, not speculative...

And don't worry, if he stinks it up in 2009 he either won't be here in 2010 or will be a backup, so I won't have to say anything...HOPEFULLY that doesn't happen, because if it does that likely means we miss the playoffs again in 2010...GO TRENT!

Once again..."Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"...

:worthy:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an interesting article in the paper over the weekend regarding the Cuttler trade. The article said Mike Shannahan praised Cuttler for NOT throwing short dump off passes to PAD his stats, but rather throwing downfield even in coverage, trusting his receivers to make the play. He went on to say that ability will make Cuttler a GREAT QB someday.

Please show me where I have tore down Trent...I mean seriously...if you have a problem with his stats as tearing him down, then I suggest you befriend him on Myspace, Facebook, Twitter or whatever other kind of way you can reach and tell him to play better, because I didnt make those stats up, its just how he played...

All I have done is be honest about his performance THUS far...maybe thats a hard concept for you to understand so I will say it again...THUS FAR...I have never said he cant or wont get better...never...I have never called him a name, or said anything derogatory about him.

No amount of bashing of me can change that he has not played at a level capable of making us competitive on a weekly basis...end of story...you can whine, stomp your feet, call names, etc all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesnt change what he did on the field...

Unlike other posters on this topic and other topics, I have kept this PURELY ANALYTICAL. I am about as hard core of a Bills fan as there is and will be the first one standing up and cheering Trent just like last year...but NONE of that changes the fact he performed at a SUBPAR level in MORE games than he has performed well, and thats is 100% factual, not speculative...

And don't worry, if he stinks it up in 2009 he either won't be here in 2010 or will be a backup, so I won't have to say anything...HOPEFULLY that doesn't happen, because if it does that likely means we miss the playoffs again in 2010...GO TRENT!

Once again..."Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"...

:beer:

Due, whatever. You went out of you way to tear down some very positive moments that a very young QB had. If you really want to, you could probably find fault with any QB in the league - Warner plays in a terrible division, Peyton struggles in the playoffs, Brady is a homosexual.

But it absolutely apparent you have an agenda, which is sad considering you're a Bills fan. Enjoy the offseason.

I read an interesting article in the paper over the weekend regarding the Cuttler trade. The article said Mike Shannahan praised Cuttler for NOT throwing short dump off passes to PAD his stats, but rather throwing downfield even in coverage, trusting his receivers to make the play. He went on to say that ability will make Cuttler a GREAT QB someday.

I know this a subtle shot from you but what receivers did you want Trent to throw the ball up to: the 5'10" Reed, 5'7" Parrish, or the dynamic Royal. It is a lot easier to throw the ball down the field when you have a 6'5" man beast and one of the best young TEs in football.

I know this a subtle shot from you but what receivers did you want Trent to throw the ball up to: the 5'10" Reed, 5'7" Parrish, or the dynamic Royal. It is a lot easier to throw the ball down the field when you have a 6'5" man beast and one of the best young TEs in football.

Why would you consider this a shot at Trent? I just reported an article that I read about Jay Cuttler. I NEVER mentioned Trent (or JP Losman either).

Why would you consider this a shot at Trent? I just reported an article that I read about Jay Cuttler. I NEVER mentioned Trent (or JP Losman either).

Come on man. I've read your posts. It is easier to throw down field when you have tall, talented receivers like the Broncos have. Finally for the first team in years, the Bills have some talented, tall receivers. If we don't become more of a down field passing team this year, then we will need to move on.

Come on man. I've read your posts. It is easier to throw down field when you have tall, talented receivers like the Broncos have. Finally for the first team in years, the Bills have some talented, tall receivers. If we don't become more of a down field passing team this year, then we will need to move on.

Other than Owens, what other "talented, tall receivers" did the Bills acquire this off season?

If I took a subtle shot in my post it was not at Trent, but at his FANBOYS that TRY to tell us all about his GREAT stats. I notice in your posts NEVER mentioned Lee Evans & it was documented NUMEROUS times last year how often he was open downfield & Trent NEVER threw him the ball.

If I took a subtle shot in my post it was not at Trent, but at his FANBOYS that TRY to tell us all about his GREAT stats. I notice in your posts NEVER mentioned Lee Evans & it was documented NUMEROUS times last year how often he was open downfield & Trent NEVER threw him the ball.

Your wasting your breath...they are convinced our WR's were never open, Trent never had time to throw and the coaching staff was so cancerous that it forced Trent to freeze, not see the field, take bad sacks, fumble, and throw to the other team more than our own team during his last 8 games...

Denver HAD to win the game at home against the Bills, and Edwards beat Cutler. Edwards seems to be a level headed guy who can emerge as a leader, especially if he gets protection, has some good play calling, and now has more weapons than ever.

Cutler is an egomaniac, not to mention a crybaby. He'll flounder in Chicago.

Edwards didn't beat Cutler, unless they had a wrestling match that I'm not aware of. The Bills beat the Broncos.

Cutler is a better QB. But Edwards might turn out to be really good, if he continues developing. I guess we'll see.

Height doesn't matter as much as the ability to get open. DeSean Jackson seems to make a few plays regardless of his height. Same with Carolina's Steve Smith.

If you listened to the radio last year, Kelso was saying over and over and over as he did the color, "He had a man open downfield but he went to the safety valve. Perhaps he didn't see him..." Again and again he said this.

This is a very legitimate concern with Trent. He definitely could change, and we all would love to see it happen, but right now he takes the safe two-yarder much too often, even if it's third and eleven.

I must have missed these many Losman victories.

I didn't. I saw all 10 of them in 5 years. It amazes me how all it takes is one post on a Bills Board saying that Trent Edwards doesn't suck, and out come the lovelorn JP baton twirlers. Honestly, it is getting played.

This troll AD, true to his screen name, has become their standard bearer, a guru of sorts. Sure, Losman has a ton of wins. The Bills draft better than the Patriots too.....that was another one of his gems. He cleaned it up by saying that the Pats win only because of Brady. This idiocy was nothing but a continuation of his passive aggressive crusade against Trent, who took the place of his heartthrob.

The above really isn't helping the board imo. I would rather skim through threads about trading Roscoe Parrish for a #1 draft pick than watch a troll come in and take over this great site.

Guest dog14787
Your wasting your breath...they are convinced our WR's were never open, Trent never had time to throw and the coaching staff was so cancerous that it forced Trent to freeze, not see the field, take bad sacks, fumble, and throw to the other team more than our own team during his last 8 games...

If you think height doesn't play a big part, especially going across the middle of the field, there's no sense in even trying to argue. Common sense will tell you 6' 5" lineman will block your field of vision when you have midgets for WR's. The offense TE operates does zero to help give the QB proper passing lanes, and its been so long since we had a catching TE going across the middle, I've forgotten what one looks like.

Do you even take into consideration what not having a decent TE alone does to a young, developing QB?

If we enter into another season without a decent TE, I don't give a damn what else Brandon does, he should be fired. :thumbsup:

I didn't. I saw all 10 of them in 5 years. It amazes me how all it takes is one post on a Bills Board saying that Trent Edwards doesn't suck, and out come the lovelorn JP baton twirlers. Honestly, it is getting played.

This troll AD, true to his screen name, has become their standard bearer, a guru of sorts. Sure, Losman has a ton of wins. The Bills draft better than the Patriots too.....that was another one of his gems. He cleaned it up by saying that the Pats win only because of Brady. This idiocy was nothing but a continuation of his passive aggressive crusade against Trent, who took the place of his heartthrob.

The above really isn't helping the board imo. I would rather skim through threads about trading Roscoe Parrish for a #1 draft pick than watch a troll come in and take over this great site.

Man Bill you are a complete tool. I love how you turn any criticism of Trent into a crush on JP...to show how ignorant this post is by you, in every complaint about the QB play last year I have said "JP Losman played even worse"...so before you talk out of your ass and make lame assumptions about JP support, maybe you should get your story straight.

And what the hell are you talking about with the Losman wins? Maybe you should read the sarcastic post I made about that before you shove your foot in your mouth once again...The OP said Edwards is better than Cutler because Edwards won head to head...I said that is absurd and asked if that means JP is better than every QB he beat in his wins...and yes, he did manage some wins in Buffalo (but I never said a lot, and how many had ZERO to do with my comment). I was clearly refrencing how bad JP is and that if his stupid statement about how Edwards is better than Cutler because they won head to head would mean that lousy JP is better than every QB he beat too...

Damn, you are about a foolish as they come I swear...learn to read, or at least have someone read them to you if you are unable to comprehend what you read...

And I don't care what you say, my honest opinnion is that the Bills have drafted more impact players than the Pats in recent years in terms of number of players. The difference is the Pats got one of the best QB's in history in Brady and also add a lot key personnel via Free Agency. They win because of the combo of all that, but if you look player for player, IMO, the Bills have drafted slightly more impact players than them, especially in the last 3 years. And you are a complete fool if you think Brady isnt a huge factor...he is only one of the greatest QB's to ever play...

Height doesn't matter as much as the ability to get open. DeSean Jackson seems to make a few plays regardless of his height. Same with Carolina's Steve Smith.

If you listened to the radio last year, Kelso was saying over and over and over as he did the color, "He had a man open downfield but he went to the safety valve. Perhaps he didn't see him..." Again and again he said this.

This is a very legitimate concern with Trent. He definitely could change, and we all would love to see it happen, but right now he takes the safe two-yarder much too often, even if it's third and eleven.

As most of you know I'm a big Trent fan. As most serious football fans know, the 3rd year for a quarterback is considered a make or break year. For some reason it tends to be the year where a quarterback shows his true colors.

As much as I believe in Trent, his biggest weakness is throwing down the field. Unlike others who insist that it's an arm strength issue, I believe it is simply a reluctance to take risks. He has plenty enough arm to hit downfield targets. His arm is considerably stronger than Drew Brees' for instance.

When former Bill Matt Bowen stated last week in no uncertain terms that Edwards hesitates to make downfield throws it carried a lot of weight. Bowen is a former teammate and as a longtime NFL DB has and probably continues to study a lot of film.

When I worked for the CBS affiliate in Buffalo Brian Blessing and I had an opportunity to watch some game film with Mark Kelso. It was amazing seeing how advanced his understanding of the game was. If Mark Kelso and Matt Bowen say the same thing, then in my mind, the criticism of Trent is valid. He has to take more chances downfield and be less willing to check down. Period.

That said, I believe he will take the next step as a QB and become an outstanding NFL player this year.

Damn, you are about a foolish as they come I swear...learn to read, or at least have someone read them to you if you are unable to comprehend what you read...

And I don't care what you say, my honest opinnion is that the Bills have drafted more impact players than the Pats in recent years in terms of number of players. The difference is the Pats got one of the best QB's in history in Brady and also add a lot key personnel via Free Agency. They win because of the combo of all that, but if you look player for player, IMO, the Bills have drafted slightly more impact players than them, especially in the last 3 years. And you are a complete fool if you think Brady isnt a huge factor...he is only one of the greatest QB's to ever play...

My reading comprehension is very good thank you. That is how I am able to see what an idiot you are which is fine. There is probably little you can do about this, but you are also a troll.

How did the Pats win all those games without Brady last year? Do ya think it might have had just a little to do with the superior lines that they fielded and obtained primarily through high draft choices?

Now, "impact players." On the Bills? :wallbash: Give us a freaking break. Do the Bills have a player that they drafted who has made an impact even close to the of Richard Seymour? The Patsies draft big guys who take it to you. They even found Brady in round 6. The Bills draft defensive backs, small wideouts and gadget players. Yeah....they sure are making a big "impact." Every Bills loss is Trent's fault, so none of this matters, right? :thumbsup: Whatever.

Keep trolling. Enjoy yourself.

My reading comprehension is very good thank you. That is how I am able to see what an idiot you are which is fine. There is probably little you can do about this, but you are also a troll.

How did the Pats win all those games without Brady last year? Do ya think it might have had just a little to do with the superior lines that they fielded and obtained primarily through high draft choices?

Now, "impact players." On the Bills? :wallbash: Give us a freaking break. Do the Bills have a player that they drafted who has made an impact even close to the of Richard Seymour? The Patsies draft big guys who take it to you. They even found Brady in round 6. The Bills draft defensive backs, small wideouts and gadget players. Yeah....they sure are making a big "impact." Every Bills loss is Trent's fault, so none of this matters, right? :thumbsup: Whatever.

Man, your ignorance is astonishing...you get dumber on each post! I said the LAST 3 YEARS and Seymour was drafted in 2001...

Why dont you take a look at last 3 years and honetly answers who's draft you would like to have...

The pats IMPACT players mostly have come from 4 drafts ago and on...I would take our last 3 drafts (and so would just about anyone else) over the Pats 3 drafts in a heartbeat!

So once again, I implore you to learn to read before you open your mouth and insert your foot again...

Bills Draft

Pats Draft

Oh, and here is the irony of your dumb ass post...you whine about people disecting Trent and our players, then boastly shout we have no impact players and didnt get any in last 3 drafts...well guess what Einstein, Edwards was drafted in last 3 drafts, you know the guy you defend to the death and if bash anyone who doesnt. And we also got Lynch, Poz and McKelvin...amongst others...

Edwards didn't beat Cutler, unless they had a wrestling match that I'm not aware of. The Bills beat the Broncos.

Cutler is a better QB. But Edwards might turn out to be really good, if he continues developing. I guess we'll see.

Sometimes they give a quarterback a winning percentage....similar to a baseball pitcher. I didn't mean that this was a 2 man game. Edwards was the winning quarterback. It was a huge road victory in a very unfriendly stadium in a game that the Broncos really needed.

I guess I made the original post because I would rather have Edwards than Cutler. I think he's smarter, has talent, and seems to me to be a better teammate.

I think Edwards failure to throw the deep ball started with the sack against Arizona. I remember him putting one right on the hands of Lee Evans for a 40 yard td vs the Rams the week before. He could use better protection.

Edwards didn't beat Cutler, the Bills beat the Broncos. Spefically, the Bills pathetic offense wasn't as bad as the Broncos even more pathetic defense. At this point, there is absolutely no question who is the better quarterback, Cutler is by far. I am not so sure I wouldn't rather have Edwards also, but that is based solely on hope and possible development.