What's the dumbest thing you've said to a spouse

Beerball

For me it began when we moved to California in 1984. I was a WNY hick and she had lived in California for a while after college graduation. Anyway, we were driving around southern CA and I kept reading street sings like:

Box Cyn Road

Stone Cyn Road

Laurel Cyn Blvd

Man I thought and thought to myself but I just couldn't figure that Cyn thing out. Didn't sound Spanish. Wasn't a word I had ever heard. Finally I asked her "What is a Cyn (pronounced by yours truly as sin) and why are all these streets named after it?" She cracked up and after about 5 minutes she finally was able to tell me it was short for Canyon.

Now, twentysome years later that still gets thrown back into my face on occasion :thumbsup: usually when the kids are around. :) Proving of course that dad is a doofus.

I can't be the only one...what's yours?

I was pronouncing it the same way you were as i was reading it....had you not said it was canyon i would have gone on thinking 'sin'

For me it began when we moved to California in 1984. I was a WNY hick and she had lived in California for a while after college graduation. Anyway, we were driving around southern CA and I kept reading street sings like:

Box Cyn Road

Stone Cyn Road

Laurel Cyn Blvd

Man I thought and thought to myself but I just couldn't figure that Cyn thing out. Didn't sound Spanish. Wasn't a word I had ever heard. Finally I asked her "What is a Cyn (pronounced by yours truly as sin) and why are all these streets named after it?" She cracked up and after about 5 minutes she finally was able to tell me it was short for Canyon.

Now, twentysome years later that still gets thrown back into my face on occasion :thumbsup: usually when the kids are around. :) Proving of course that dad is a doofus.

I can't be the only one...what's yours?

"Sure, your crazy compulsive-lying sister can come live with us for as long as she needs to until she gets on her feet. And she's bringing her stupid dog that is a nervous wreck and doesn't know how to behave and pees and craps in the house? Ok, I guess that's alright."

I do....

That was my first though ... lol

My next was not so much what I have said but how it may be said. I grew up in WNY (Medina to be exact) and went to college then grad school all in WNY or Central NY - then my first professional job was actually just across the border in Stoney Creek (Hamilton), Ont (was a big deal for the company I worked for at the time as it was "an international assignment" - true but not necessarily an exotic location nor a huge cultural shift - learned to say eh and I was pretty much in) Anyway, back to the point - which is that I was a yankee with a "yankee" accent

After wrapping up my assignment I then ended up making my first move to the South and have essentially lived in the south ever since (no quite but almost). I have picked up a southern accent (sort of). When I get tired or have a brain fart I will get very twangy.

When I do, my wife (who is a southerner by birth) will laugh at me and persistently copy my use of the southern twang.

My wife and I had a conversation one day in what I found appealing in a woman......and the standard "well everything about you of course" was not going to do. So I layed it out to her......

Now every time we are together and I am within 10 feet of a woman that meets that description I can feel her eyels like lazerbeams melting me.....:thumbsup:

I recently was having a conversation with a young lady about wants & needs and Maslow's hierarchy and some such. I told her of a conversation I had with my buddy about what women really want in a man and (for the most part) it boils down to security and inspiration. And here's basically how I put it:

"What women look for in a mate is either security, inspiration or ideally, both. They want to feel protected as well as entertained."

(Wait for it)

"Just like a child."

:thumbsup:

Mind you I had a few drinks in me, but there you go.

Also after getting a girl's number: "What was your name again?"

Yup hard to believe, but I'm still single.

The stupidest thing I ever said to my wife was stupid enough that I'm not going to repeat it here.

So the GF asks me, "do these jeans make my ass look fat?"

After thinking for a moment, I respond - "No, I don't think it's the jeans."

<_<

j/k, that didn't really happen.

I am actually allowed to respond "No, it's your ass." My wife's pretty cool like that...

When my wife was in labor, the doc told her she would only get one epidural, so he wanted her to hold off as long as possible. Well she decided say 6 in the evening. Along about 8, me putting on the straightest face, told her that the epidural was almost out.

I thought she was going to kill me when she found out it wasn't. She still thinks I am a total ass for that one.

The second dumbest thing I ever said was to my first wife: "There is no way I was with another woman."

What was the first dumbest thing I ever said to her?

"Exactly what is on that tape and why are there 32 messages on the answering machine?"