Preston's Comments on the Bills as a Packer

Why is everyone so defensive and upset? He's absolutely right. The T.O. signing was grabbing at straws, and we've never been atop the division while he's been here... I don't really see what there is to be upset about. He wasn't trashing us, he wasn't bashing us, he was stating why its nice to be a part of a different team. Christ.

I don't care at all what he says about the Bills. They apparently didn't like him enough to try to keep him so there are probably some hard feelings. That said, let's be clear........he sucks as a player, and he never will be any good.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Puke Dreston realizes that he is going to a team that had a worse record than the "desperate" Bills. Also, that douche probably cost the Bills in their game against New England. Good riddens, you oversized numbnuts!

Duke, what kind of a name is Duke?! It sounds pompous, pedantic, and homosexual (no offense to any tbders named Duke by the way). The Bills would of been better off if Duke's chauffeur or boyfriend were starting at center.

Yeah, maybe thats why he hiked the ball up his ass, it brought back fond memories for him.

Hillarious. Did Duke mention he did everything in his own power to keep the Bills mediocre, being a 4th round draft choice who couldn't even beat out the likes of Melvin Fowler at center?? :thumbsup:

Actually, he did eventually beat out Fowler (a third rounder). He started the final 11 games last season.

If he's so bad, why did a good organization like Green Bay - which wins more than it loses - sign him? Average = average; average does not equal "suck."

Why did Ron Wolf let Bryce Paup walk away from GB? He later said that doing so was the worst move in his career as GM. People make mistakes Dave.

If he's so bad, why did a good organization like Green Bay - which wins more than it loses - sign him? Average = average; average does not equal "suck."

Now that he doesn't want to stay in Buffalo, it's time for the lemmings to throw him under the bus.

Actually, he did eventually beat out Fowler (a third rounder). He started the final 11 games last season.

Faint praise indeed. In that if you believe the scuttlebut, the only reason he "beat out" Fowler is because Fowler got benched for the season for quitting on the team.

Agree with most comments. It's not that what Preston is saying isn't true, it's just ironic coming from one of the bad former players on the team.

His comments were inoffensive and correct. What is there to get upset about?

Yeah, the guy has never been very good, but he was an obvious step up when he took over for Fowler. I wish him the best and will now proceed to forget him.

Why are you so upset about these nothing little comments.

Now that he doesn't want to stay in Buffalo, it's time for the lemmings to throw him under the bus.

Did the Bills even make any effort (above and beyond a token one) to keep Preston in Buffalo?

His play for the Bills was reason enough for Bills fans to have thrown him under the bus.

Hi Dave,

No big thing. We just happen to disagree on this point. I watched Duke Preston plenty last year and he is very below average at best. And times, he is simply horrible and, yes, he sucked bad. I'm quite sure I would never want a guy who can't remember the snap count, the formation, or whether he ever beat New England or not, calling the protections for my offense if I were his coach. Just because we are Bills fans and used to seeing bad football players and just because Duke Preston happened to get his number called to start in Buffalo (What other options did they have? How often have you seen Dick go outside the 53 + taxi mid-season for an answer?) doesn't make him an average player. Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if the Packers simply cut him this camp. Just because they are willing to give him a shot to make their team in March as a ho-hum FA doesn't make him a great prospect.

Lemmings? :thumbsup: I've been saying Preston sucks for a long time. I guess I am the pied piper. :doh:

Faint praise indeed. In that if you believe the scuttlebut, the only reason he "beat out" Fowler is because Fowler got benched for the season for quitting on the team.

Agree with most comments. It's not that what Preston is saying isn't true, it's just ironic coming from one of the bad former players on the team.

Exactly. The word was that Fowler told the coaches he didn't feel he could take on Jenkins, Rodgers, etc. Has Fowler signed anywhere, even as camp fodder?

I wonder if he's counting last year's debacle where he single-handedly robbed us of any momentum in the New England game as a victory, since we had a chance to win it if he hadn't been around? Actually we probably would have found a way to lose it anyway, but I'm not sure where else he's getting that NE victory from.

I don't have a problem with guys who leave the Bills telling it like it is (I happen to be a big fan of Ross Tucker's column, and on a few occasions he's shared some dirt on the Bills.) But to criticize your former team for their lack of competiveness when it took you four years to crack the starting lineup, and then only due to complete incompetence by the incumbent starter? That's just ridiculous.

I also realize that this is mostly just a PR move by Preston, guys always spout this kind of stuff about how they're happy to join their new team, about how much more competitve they're going to be, etc....

I love when scrubs shoot their mouths off...dude is a back-up, guys like him are a dime a dozen. Half of the teams in the NFL could have signed this guy for marginal depth if they needed...

HE CAN GO !@#$ HIMSELF.HE SUCKED ANYWAY!!

I love when scrubs shoot their mouths off...dude is a back-up, guys like him are a dime a dozen. Half of the teams in the NFL could have signed this guy for marginal depth if they needed...

I hope they don't plan on him to be a starter. :doh:

Yeah, Duke, and you were a big part of that sorry record, weren't you?

(Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say that the Bills were anywhere near being a good team ... just that Preston ain't all that, either.)

Ya Think!!

Since the advent of the palm-sized camcorder.

:doh::thumbsup:

Oh that's right, I forgot Preston played center so much last season. Must have been that slide from 5-1-0 to 7-9-0 that prompted me to want to forget most of the offense's play last season. Looking back, I was hoping Brandon would re-sign Preston for depth on the OL. But for him to slam the Bills' organization in his first interview as a Packer, is still pretty funny to me. I predict that Duke can start at guard in the NFL, but if the Packers think they have their starting center in him, they are mistaken. Just my opinion.