Preston's Comments on the Bills as a Packer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/31/...ping-at-straws/

"Former Bills center Duke Preston recently has signed with the Packers.

And Preston wasn’t bashful with his views regarding his former team.

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions."

Thoughts?

Duke Preston should STFU. He has never been impressive, has never made a real impact, and while he's on the subject of losing to New England, he should be reminded that HE alone was duped into a scrum that delayed that field goal attempt before the half. He was specifically targeted by Belichick as being the sort of chump who would fight back in that critical situation instead of getting to the line.

So STFU, Duke. You'll just be invisible in a new city, now.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Given that he was drafted in 2005, I'm wondering when that one victory against NE might have occurred. Did it happen in a dream?

Given that he was drafted in 2005, I'm wondering when that one victory against NE might have occurred. Did it happen in a dream?

I was wondering that myself. Maybe he counts single-digit losses as "victories".

Actually, Preston, while not great, did show improvement last year and was a big upgrade over Fowler, who was worthless. People focus too much on rare botched plays. Preston will never be great, but he can play in the NFL and is a credible grunt.

Big upgrade ove Fowler??? Can play in th NFL??? A credible grunt??? :thumbsup:

You must have been a scout for Matt Millen or you are a John Guy in the making. Preston is god awful. He'll be cut by Green Bay in a year or two and out of the league. :doh:

Big upgrade ove Fowler??? Can play in th NFL??? A credible grunt??? :doh:

You must have been a scout for Matt Millen or you are a John Guy in the making. Preston is god awful. He'll be cut by Green Bay in a year or two and out of the league. :doh:

Hopefully, dave is not Linda Bogdan's assistant in OL scouting. :thumbsup:

Why is everyone so defensive and upset? He's absolutely right. The T.O. signing was grabbing at straws, and we've never been atop the division while he's been here... I don't really see what there is to be upset about. He wasn't trashing us, he wasn't bashing us, he was stating why its nice to be a part of a different team. Christ.

Preston Says Bills Are “Grasping At Straws”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:24 p.m. EDT

So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

I don't know how to quote an article or to make a statement in bold but this is the remark that irks me in the article. How about having some fight and backbone? Shouldn't you be part of the solution or answer to help make a difference? Gutless coward. Good riddance!

While on the subject, I can't wait to hear JP Losman's shots a the Bills when some other sucka' team signs him. It could be ugly.

So any player that leaves the Bills should only make favorable comments about the experience? How many players on this team are having a favorable experience? How many feel the coaching and front office can help lead them to a win in the playoffs? How many free agents are wanting to sign with the Bills so that they can be a part of a great program?

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions."

Thoughts?

What an douche. This coming from the guy who didn't know it was shotgun and snapped the ball up his own ass crack to no one, causing a fumble.

I'm calling out to Preston on this one....where was he vs. the Pats...its a team effort....

He's just a band-aid starter and isnt worth the money the Packers gave him...

when Preston was given the oppurtunity to start at Center or Gaurd he failed...

Thoughts?

Hillarious. Did Duke mention he did everything in his own power to keep the Bills mediocre, being a 4th round draft choice who couldn't even beat out the likes of Melvin Fowler at center?? :thumbsup:

The thing about Duke that gets me with regard to this is, he complained here that he was played at an unnatural position his career here until last year - and he proceeds during that time to A) Get into a fight prior to halftime against the Pats and B) forget that it was a shotgun snap and snap it to air, something I've NEVER seen a center before do.

Okay Duke, keep yapping...2010 is coming pretty quick. We'll be seeing you...

Odds are 50-50 that Preston is cut in training camp.

So any player that leaves the Bills should only make favorable comments about the experience? How many players on this team are having a favorable experience? How many feel the coaching and front office can help lead them to a win in the playoffs? How many free agents are wanting to sign with the Bills so that they can be a part of a great program?

A player can make any comment they want. As a fan I find it only natural to stick up for my team even if the player is telling the truth. Kind of like if your buddy is ripping on your alcoholic uncle. See? Some people don't have a blind loyalty or a sense of pride in the Buffalo Bills, and thats okay. Most of us here still believe and don't appreciate comments like this, especially from a future cfl star. I think the team needs to start finding players who are willing to claw their way to the top. Thanks for nothing Puke. As I said before, Puke is going to be a nice addition to Green Bay's backfield. Enjoy playing Minnesota! :thumbsup: