Preston's Comments on the Bills as a Packer

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/31/...ping-at-straws/

"Former Bills center Duke Preston recently has signed with the Packers.

And Preston wasn’t bashful with his views regarding his former team.

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions."

Thoughts?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions."

Thoughts?

I love when scrubs shoot their mouths off...dude is a back-up, guys like him are a dime a dozen. Half of the teams in the NFL could have signed this guy for marginal depth if they needed...

Yeah, Duke, and you were a big part of that sorry record, weren't you?

(Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say that the Bills were anywhere near being a good team ... just that Preston ain't all that, either.)

“Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak.

Thoughts?

Since when has New England been HISTORICALLY at the top of the division? in my lifetime they've been mostly doormats.

The thing about Duke that gets me with regard to this is, he complained here that he was played at an unnatural position his career here until last year - and he proceeds during that time to A) Get into a fight prior to halftime against the Pats and B) forget that it was a shotgun snap and snap it to air, something I've NEVER seen a center before do.

Okay Duke, keep yapping...2010 is coming pretty quick. We'll be seeing you...

Thoughts?

The sad thing, he wasn't one of them :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Duke Preston was such a waste of space it wasnt even funny. Duke got pushed into the backfield like the NT was going at one of those blocking sleds. Keep talking Duke. Idiot.

You'd think he would remember that he never beat New England. How do you manufacture a memory like that?

I was thinking the same thing. Dookie dreamt we bet the New England Patriots...unless we covered the spread once?

Thoughts?

Hopefully Puke Dreston realizes that he is going to a team that had a worse record than the "desperate" Bills. Also, that douche probably cost the Bills in their game against New England. Good riddens, you oversized numbnuts!

Duke, what kind of a name is Duke?! It sounds pompous, pedantic, and homosexual (no offense to any tbders named Duke by the way). The Bills would of been better off if Duke's chauffeur or boyfriend were starting at center.

Thoughts?

until the bills stop sucking, none of us really should have much to say. an awful lot of lineman have left the bills in the last several years and suddenly learned how to play football. duke will probably wind up in the super bowl like gandy.

I love when scrubs shoot their mouths off...dude is a back-up, guys like him are a dime a dozen. Half of the teams in the NFL could have signed this guy for marginal depth if they needed...

Huh. Personally, I love when MB shlubs get their panties in a knot over innocuous comments...