Pettigrew coming in for visit on Monday

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that this is just a smokescreen. I can't imagine that the Bills aren't going to address their DLine with their first pick at #11 unless they are considering to trade down.

You can never do enough evaluation.

I bet that this is just a smokescreen. I can't imagine that the Bills aren't going to address their DLine with their first pick at #11 unless they are considering to trade down.

Maybe.

But I really hope we get him.

Maybe.

I'm warming up to picking Pettigrew more and more. If we get him (hopefully with a trade down but maybe not) and a LG, we really could have a dynamic offense. It will help the running game and the passing game. Right now, our TEs suck. Yes, we need a pass rush but there nothing that helps a pass rush more than playing with a lead, or not having to play catch up.

If Curry, Raji and Crabtree are gone at #11 (which will almost certainly be true), and the Bills don't like the DE who is left over (Orakpo and Brown will very possibly be gone, and Maybin could also be gone), ...

who else is a better player than Pettigrew that fits a Bills need?

Even at #11, if Pettigrew is the best player left who fits a Bills need, you take him regardless of position. But if they actually tried to trade down and found no takers, Pettigrew would look even better. There are a few guys there we could pick, but none are rated all that high. Mack, Unger, English, Ayres, the way this draft falls, Pettigrew might well be the best pick in this case.

Pettigrew almost certainly isn't a smokescreen, though the Bills might very well be hoping that they can get one or two of the DE group which they have picked, or Crabtree, Raji or Curry.

The more that I think about it the more that I think that the Bills just might be considering of trading dow. The TE position is traditionally a lower draft pick and the Bills just might not like what is available to them at the #11 spot. Raji should be off the board and Maybin has just admitted to playing at 230 lbs last year with a body that is still developing. Trading down and gathering more early picks would make sens for the Bills if they wanted to address the whole front seven of their defense. There are some very good LBs available during the mid to late 1st rd. Grabbing Pettigrew and someone like Ohio St LB James Laurinaitis would be awsome if we could work out a trade with Philadelphia. Picking OG Duke Robinson in the 2nd rd would make this one excellent draft for us.

Maybe.

If we go skill position offense, I would prefer Kenny Britt (WE, Rutgers) to Pettigrew. We could rotate Evans, Owens and Britt out wide and in the slot to dictate matchups.

Everyone says that he is a very good tight end. I would like to have him on the team based on what Mayock has said about him. I think that the 11th pick is a bit pricey for him though.

I would love to have Raji or one of the premier DEs on the board at 11 and get Pettigrew later or trade down and get him if the other guys are not on the board.

For what it is worth, this is supposed to be a fairly deep draft for tight ends. If that is the case, even if we stand pat with our picks, we should be able to get a good tight end in the second or third round. If one of the top centers is available with our second pick, I also could see us going in that direction as well.

Count me in as one of the ones who has come around to the idea of drafting Pettigrew. I've read numerous reports that his blocking is the best that scouts have seen in a long time. While not overly explosive, he can get open and has better than average hands as well. Given the question marks we have on the O-line, a guy like this could really help out. I'm glad the Bills are bringing him in to at least talk with. His character concerns are fairly damaging but it sounds like the Bills are willing to see what he's about in person.

Count me in as one of the ones who has come around to the idea of drafting Pettigrew. I've read numerous reports that his blocking is the best that scouts have seen in a long time. While not overly explosive, he can get open and has better than average hands as well. Given the question marks we have on the O-line, a guy like this could really help out. I'm glad the Bills are bringing him in to at least talk with. His character concerns are fairly damaging but it sounds like the Bills are willing to see what he's about in person.

Yeah, I am warming to the idea of taking him even at #11

If Curry, Raji and Crabtree are gone at #11 (which will almost certainly be true), and the Bills don't like the DE who is left over (Orakpo and Brown will very possibly be gone, and Maybin could also be gone), ...

who else is a better player than Pettigrew that fits a Bills need?

Cushing :thumbdown:

Cushing :thumbdown:

I still like Cushing, and (after the draft smoke clears) I will see how we couldn't have passed on this guy. But it doesn't address DE rush, and it doesn't address TE hole. The next wake of FA's (Keiaho or June) might signal that the press for OLB in RD1 is over.

If Raji has already been selected, and it appears that'll ultimately prove to be the case, then I have no issue with taking Pettigrew at 11. The only other position that I'd seriously consider at this point is DE, and to be quite honest, none of them seem that great to me.

The first round overall just seems a bit lackluster this year.

Yeah, I am warming to the idea of taking him even at #11

The Buffalo Bills don't know what it's like to have a great tight end! Metzalars is revered in these parts but he was never a real threat. Ernie Warlick is the last Bills T.E. opponents had to consider. When Pettigrews' plane lands, SHUT DOWN THE AIRPORT until draft day. The networks can link up a camera here with Trent, Lee, Marshawn and Terrell all welcoming him to the team.