Jim Kelly

inkman

As far as salary from the Bills... I would guess around 30 million, but that is before agents, taxes, etc...

There's also no telling how much money he spent on his son's medical care. I'm sure that was millions as well.

As far as salary from the Bills... I would guess around 30 million, but that is before agents, taxes, etc...

For that era and the length of his career, I'd say that would be a fair estimate. then you can factor in endorsement deals and what not.

If part of your arguement is about if he can buy the Bills the answer is NOPE!

I don't know, I heard that he only needed 100,000 more dollars to be able to be able to buy the team, which he was able to get by selling his O.P. house.

B-)

Anybody know who the buyer ended up being if 97 rock (and Kelly) are saying its not Marshawn? TE? TO? Some non-football playing waste of space?

I think he may have made $500,000 per year with the Gamblers.

His first Bills deal was five years, 7.5 million total...which made him the highest paid player in the NFL in 1986.

Then I believe somewhere during the 90 season he was resigned for 3 million dollars a year, or so.

Sorry I don't have much to back that up, but that is what I remember.

No medical coverage? I'd be surprised...

medical insurance isn't going to cover those kinds of expenses...if it was my child he would have been dead along time before Hunter..I don't have the money..Kelly kept his son alive with money out of his own pockets

I would suggest the internet.

Thanks. B-)

If part of your arguement is about if he can buy the Bills the answer is NOPE!

I'm not a retard...most of the time.

to get by selling his O.P. house.

This is where the discussion stemmed from. One of my co-workers was incredulous that Jim lived in a $500,000 house.

I think he may have made $500,000 per year with the Gamblers.

His first Bills deal was five years, 7.5 million total...which made him the highest paid player in the NFL in 1986.

Then I believe somewhere during the 90 season he was resigned for 3 million dollars a year, or so.

Sorry I don't have much to back that up, but that is what I remember.

While I was looking for concrete info, this is what I was looking for. Thanks! :w00t:

I'm having a debate with some co-workers. Anyone have a good source as to how much Kelly made over his career?

Are you including what he made for throwing 4 Superbowls?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I remember that rumor going round back in the day.

I think around 30 Million would be a safe bet, I also would think he as probably made more since football than he did when he played. His business JKE is still around, he has had more endorsements than he did when he was playing, he still makes money from the Jim Kelly Camp, and he was the exception and actually invested some money when he played and not blew it all on fast cars and hot women (although I am sure some of it went towards that).

This is where the discussion stemmed from. One of my co-workers was incredulous that Jim lived in a $500,000 house.

While I was looking for concrete info, this is what I was looking for. Thanks! :lol:

Incredulous because he thinks he should be living in a more expensive mansion? dont forget about his property in Virginia, and the fact that his OP house, in Miami or any other region, would be a $5million property.

No medical coverage? I'd be surprised...

Probably 80%-20% like the rest of us I was figuring. With a son in the condition of his it wouldn't take long to rack up a huge bill I'm sure.

Incredulous because he thinks he should be living in a more expensive mansion? dont forget about his property in Virginia, and the fact that his OP house, in Miami or any other region, would be a $5million property.

He never lived in the VA house. It's in Chesdin's Landing. We used to play golf there all of the time until they made the course private. Last I heard he was selling it for $2 million.