Lynch pleads guilty to Firearms Possession

Well, he said the right things and confessed. 2 major differences from a year ago! He's still pretty damn young and I want to buy into it. If he runs afoul again, he didn't mean what he said today.

Sadly, he's our most determined and very best player...

2 games is what the Bills must be expecting also

Fred Taylor, Jones, Foster have been brought in.

t

They are looking for a RB backup to Fred Jackson thats for sure at least for the first couple of games

Why are we be looking so far into this RB situation. 2 games with Jackson back there and Omen in a few plays is fine with me. Jackson is good we need to be looking to give him a contract and getting a DE or WR rather then bringing in all these RBs. That is a one position I felt good about on the Bills team.

I'm glad he came forward and said the right thing.

He's a 22-year old millionaire football star, he made a mistake and I hope he learns from it and behaves himself. Take your punishment like a man and putit behind you.

Bills fans love this guy. He's the best player on our team.

Somehow I can't actually see/hear Marshawn saying this:

“Today I pled guilty to a misdemeanor violation of having a firearm in a vehicle,” Lynch said in a statement e-mailed to PFT. “I am embarrassed by my recent arrest and conviction. I deeply regret that I placed myself in this situation.

“I have made mistakes in the past. Although I have learned many lessons over recent years, I obviously have not learned enough.

“I apologize to my family, the Buffalo Bills organization, my teammates, the Buffalo community, and Commissioner Goodell. I have already learned from this recent mistake and am sincerely committed to being a more responsible citizen and better representative of the NFL.”

I still think Fred Jackson is the better back. Lynch has more power, but overall Jackson is the better of the 2.

Freddy looked awfully good in that last game. Would be interesting to see him get 20+ carries for a few games to see what he does. We may have that opportunity.

When its all said and done after appeals and such, i'll be shocked if he's suspended for more than 1 game. I'm betting on no suspension.

I'll take that bet. At least two.

When its all said and done after appeals and such, i'll be shocked if he's suspended for more than 1 game. I'm betting on no suspension.

If Brandon Marshall got 1 game for beating-up his woman almost a dozen times (that we know of), Lynch shouldn't be suspended at all.

I still think Fred Jackson is the better back. Lynch has more power, but overall Jackson is the better of the 2.

Saying Jackson is better is a big stretch of the imagination. Clearly Lynch has the much bigger upside, based on his skill sets. But c'mon, let's not get carried away with calling a very good backup, better than a guy with the potential to be a star in the league. If he isn't already.

Why are we be looking so far into this RB situation. 2 games with Jackson back there and Omen in a few plays is fine with me. Jackson is good we need to be looking to give him a contract and getting a DE or WR rather then bringing in all these RBs. That is a one position I felt good about on the Bills team.

I honestly think they may try to move Lynch. That's my hunch. Why else would they be bringing in guys that would be the second back in a 2 back system? These guys are not viable 3rd RB options we're bringing in.

I honestly think they may try to move Lynch. That's my hunch. Why else would they be bringing in guys that would be the second back in a 2 back system? These guys are not viable 3rd RB options we're bringing in.

Maybe they'll draft a RB in the 1st. That would certainly stir things up here.

We have to be prepared if Jackson gets hurt in camp or something

They will give Jackson a contract AFTER they take care of Jason Peters

I'm with you, marauder. Jackson is better in my eyes as well. There are things Lynch does better, and they are very close, but Jackson has a better all-around game. He's more explosive and a better reciever. Better vision and "moves" as well.

Both guys are very good, and deserve to be feature backs.

ML showed up on Goodell's radar last year. No way he lets him slide this time around with an actual criminal conviction under his belt now.

ML showed up on Goodell's radar last year. No way he lets him slide this time around with an actual criminal conviction under his belt now.

This will be lynch's first criminal offense. Last year he got off with a traffic violation, so while that may raise the eyebrows, it really doesn't count. Unless goodell wants to set the precedent that traffic violations will get you suspended. Goodell may have given him a talking to, but i dont think that was "strike one." This is strike one on marshawn, and Goodell usually doesn't hand out suspensions on strike one.

This will be lynch's first criminal offense. Last year he got off with a traffic violation, so while that may raise the eyebrows, it really doesn't count. Unless goodell wants to set the precedent that traffic violations will get you suspended. Goodell may have given him a talking to, but i dont think that was "strike one." This is strike one on marshawn, and Goodell usually doesn't hand out suspensions on strike one.

The personal conduct policy does not require a conviction. Last years "traffic violation" does count, in Goodell's eyes. Don't think the way ML handled it didn't cost him some points either - that'll come back to bite him. Now the criminal conviction on top of that shows a pattern starting to emerge, and that's all Goodell needs now to suspend him and send his message, which I fully anticipate he'll do.

The personal conduct policy does not require a conviction. Last years "traffic violation" does count, in Goodell's eyes. Don't think the way ML handled it didn't cost him some points either - that'll come back to bite him. Now the criminal conviction on top of that shows a pattern starting to emerge, and that's all Goodell needs now to suspend him and send his message, which I fully anticipate he'll do.

A lot of you people are forgetting about a little thing called the union. Even if Goodell decides to drop the hammer down to, as many of you say, teach Lynch a lesson, the union will not let him receive any harsher of a penalty than anybody else with like convictions.

He didn't let Lynch slide last year.

I'm sure the incident caused the league to start a file on Lynch, as he wasn't gonna suspend him for what turned out legally to be a traffic violation. But the way ML handled it and having his mug plastered all over ESPN was gonna come back to bite him the next time around if he didn't get his act together, which he obviously hasn't with a criminal conviction now to follow it up. The message will be sent much clearer this time.

A lot of you people are forgetting about a little thing called the union. Even if Goodell decides to drop the hammer down to, as many of you say, teach Lynch a lesson, the union will not let him receive any harsher of a penalty than anybody else with like convictions.

I think the union has one victory to their credit when it comes to challenging suspensions. Maybe he'll get 4, then reduced to 2 on appeal, and everyone moves on.

I'm sure the incident caused the league to start a file on Lynch, as he wasn't gonna suspend him for what turned out legally to be a traffic violation. But the way ML handled it and having his mug plastered all over ESPN was gonna come back to bite him the next time around if he didn't get his act together, which he obviously hasn't with a criminal conviction now to follow it up. The message will be sent much clearer this time.

He handled last year's situation the way anyone should handle it; by listening to his lawyer. And if he came forward after a week and said he was driving but didn't know he hit her and still received a traffic ticket, what do you think everyone would have been saying? What a gosh-darned goody good guy he was? Or that he "got off" with a plea bargain before any real evidence came to light? At least the way it happened, the DA had a month to investigate, and still couldn't find anything to show that Lynch was drunk and/or knew he hit her. If anything, blame the DA for allowing things to drag out so long.

As for sending a clear message, yeah, he sure sent one to Marshall last year. And he was just arrested for disorderly conduct, but charges were dropped. How long of a suspension should Goodell give him, now that Marshall "has a file?"