Getting suspicious based on FA visits...

Ok, first Fred Taylor, then Kevin Jones, and now DeShaun Foster…this is starting to look suspicious to me. All three of these guys are very capable RB’s at this stage of their career. I just don’t see why we would need RB’s of this caliber to be our #3 RB, even with the possible suspension of Lynch.

I mean Fred Jackson is more than capable of handling the load if Lynch misses 2-4 games and did just fine carrying the bulk of the load when he has had to. I know he will need some help, but isn’t that what we drafted Oman for? Seems like we are bringing guys in better suited as at least a #2 RB.

So, I am wondering if Buffalo is looking at a possibility of either Lynch or Jackson not being here this up coming year, I would assume via a trade if that was the case. Could Buffalo have the idea that they may look into trading Lynch once they have found a capable backup to Jackson? Or maybe trading Jackson if they find what would be a capable back up to Lynch?

Im not claiming they are, and I could be way off base, but I am starting to wonder...

For fun, lets say they maybe are entertaining the idea of moving one of our backs once we sign a new backup...possible trading partners be for one of our backs could be...

Arizona: Boldin is still unhappy and they still need a RB.

Denver: Looking to move Scheffler and they seem to be looking for a #1 RB.

KC: Apparently Waters is available and looking to get a replacement for LJ possibly.

Ok, first Fred Taylor, then Kevin Jones, and now DeShaun Foster…this is starting to look suspicious to me. All three of these guys are very capable RB’s at this stage of their career. I just don’t see why we would need RB’s of this caliber to be our #3 RB, even with the possible suspension of Lynch.

I mean Fred Jackson is more than capable of handling the load if Lynch misses 2-4 games and did just fine carrying the bulk of the load when he has had to. I know he will need some help, but isn’t that what we drafted Oman for? Seems like we are bringing guys in better suited as at least a #2 RB.

So, I am wondering if Buffalo is looking at a possibility of either Lynch or Jackson not being here this up coming year, I would assume via a trade if that was the case. Could Buffalo have the idea that they may look into trading Lynch once they have found a capable backup to Jackson? Or maybe trading Jackson if they find what would be a capable back up to Lynch?

Im not claiming they are, and I could be way off base, but I am starting to wonder...

For fun, lets say they maybe are entertaining the idea of moving one of our backs once we sign a new backup...possible trading partners be for one of our backs could be...

KC: Apparently Waters is available and looking to get a replacement for LJ possibly.

Lynch and a 2nd round pick to Denver for Cutler. Beat my butt and call me Spanky.

RB's get killed during the season. I hope Lynch doesn't go anywhere and we just use a rotation - that's what a lot of teams (i.e. NYG, NE) are going to these days anyway. Kevin Jones would make a good #3 (better than Shaud Williams) and wouldn't have the right to B word about his lack of carries. Same went for Fred Taylor, although I think DeShaun Foster might be a different story.

And can we stop the Cutler talk? Denver was stupid enough to shop him for Cassell, they aren't about to let him go for Marshawn Lynch, or anyone else for that matter.

R u suggesting we trade Freddy for Brian Waters?

Ok, first Fred Taylor, then Kevin Jones, and now DeShaun Foster…this is starting to look suspicious to me. All three of these guys are very capable RB’s at this stage of their career. I just don’t see why we would need RB’s of this caliber to be our #3 RB, even with the possible suspension of Lynch. ...

There is your answer. And it is not the possible suspension, in my opinion based on the way Goodell has come down on off-field behavior, it is the suspension of Lynch, and how long it may be. I'm guessing it will be at least 8 games, because Goodell let Lynch off without missing any games after his "traffic accident" less then a year ago. I think the circle jerks may be thinking the same thing about Marshawn, and want some insurance at RB. I don't think the Bills will trade Lynch, he has too much upside after this incident is over, and he's still a very young man.

And can we stop the Cutler talk? Denver was stupid enough to shop him for Cassell, they aren't about to let him go for Marshawn Lynch, or anyone else for that matter.

No.

Are you the moderator all of a sudden, with 50 posts? Lighten up, willya? It's the off season and everybody is fricking crabby after last season.

I would not do that at all, Freddy is worth way more than a 32 year old guard, especially when you include the fact of their ages and contract statuses. Out of the two - Freddy and Marshawn - I hate to say it, but Freddy would have to be the logical one to trade. He is much older and cheaper at this point. I would think you could get a good deal for him. There probably hasn't been much speculation on him since he is an ERFA and no one can talk to him other than the Bills.

I think they are just covering their rearends for the almost guaranteed Lynch suspension. I am not sure why they are looking at DeShaun Foster, his tank is empty, they can do much better than him. Kevin Jones is ok if he can stay healthy but that has been a major "if" for him lately.

There is your answer. And it is not the possible suspension, in my opinion based on the way Goodell has come down on off-field behavior, it is the suspension of Lynch, and how long it may be. I'm guessing it will be at least 8 games, because Goodell let Lynch off without missing any games after his "traffic accident" less then a year ago. I think the circle jerks may be thinking the same thing about Marshawn, and want some insurance at RB. I don't think the Bills will trade Lynch, he has too much upside after this incident is over, and he's still a very young man.

I can buy that. The reason they're shopping for a veteran backup is in anticipation of a Lynch suspension to start the season and to have quality depth at the position in the case of injuries. Good planning.

I doubt you'd trade Jackson as he won't give you much of anything, plus you don't know the status of Lynch. Lynch without the off-field issues would likely get you a #1, maybe even a bit more. So if anything, I think maybe they'd consider trading Lynch, maybe gets you a 2nd??

:beer:

Seriously, this suspension talk is getting ridiculous. Go look up other suspensions and tell me why on God's earth Marshawn Lynch deserves an 8 game suspension for his two misdemeanor arrests. If Lynch gets 8 games I will tear down the NFL offices myself. And again, I'm not condoning what he's done but if Brandon Marshall is arrested three times in the span of two years and his wife calls the cops eleven times due to domestic abuse and he gets suspended one game why would Marshawn get 8??? There is no way the union will allow Marshawn Lynch to get suspended for any more than 4 games, more likely any more than two. And why would any fan of a team want the league to make an example of their player? It's ridiculous. Give our guy the same suspension you give everyone else and make an example out of someone on another team if you have to. The most logical explanation for the activity is that the Bills are prepared to cut ties with Lynch and looking for a replacement, much is even dumber and the exact reason that we have been treading water for a decade.

I would trade Fred Jackson for Brian Waters if we can sign a very capable veteran to replace him. Good O lineman are so much more important than decent running backs. That has been the problem on our team for years is that we have not given the necessary attention to both our lines. Look at the Broncos over the past 15 years. Great O line, with many different DECENT RB's having good season after good season. It starts in the trenches boys.

I think you are reading way too much into the situation. Oman is unproven. You have to assume Lynch could be out for as many as 4 games. You have to have depth on your roster at the position at least two deep and probably three. RB's are prone to injury. I think the Bills are just looking at insurance and being mindful that Lynch is not going to be available for all 16 games (maybe they get lucky and he is but safe assumption is that he will be out for at least two maybe four)

Maybe looking to deal Fred? He has pretty good value right now

Why would they want to make such a serious downgrade. Taylor was one thing but these other guys are stiffs. I will not be happy if one of these guys replaces Jackson OR Lynch come opening day.

Hey man, hope springs eternal around here, but we are not getting Cutler.

I suppose. But holy crap, doncha think Cutler would energize this team and the fans again? I'm not a TE basher by any means, but I would take Cutler in a heartbeat.

That being said, we're going into the mouth of the lion next season with (at this point) no real TE, no WR to take the double coverage off of Evans. tweaked OL, no Greer and, of course, Dickie the J.

At least Cutler would give the fans something to hang their collective hats on and erase all doubts about the QB being capable of throwing the long ball. Might even entice a top rated WR to come here.

Oh well......(poof)

I too am wondering about all the RB visits

Would any of these RB's really want to come here as a #2 for a few weeks than a #3 the rest of the year?

Logically, it would seem to me the Bills may be looking to move Lynch or Jackson. Maybe a trade to bolster the OL, I don't know but both would make good trade bait.

The one I wonder about is Lynch. Sounds like he showed a lack of remorse from the hit and run accident, then he gets busted in a parked car with pot and a gun. Don't know if the cops ever tested him for pot (I wonder if they cut him a break because of his career), but what if the NFL did after hearing about all this? Haven't been impressed with his lack of character, but has anything else has been going on behind the scenes at OBD that never makes it to print? Maybe the front office has decided Lynch isn't worth the risk.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended for 8 games; 4 for behavior, 4 for drug violation. And all this is just my thoughts and probably won't come to fruition but on the other hand I certainly won't be surprised if they sign one of these RB's and ship Fred or Marshawn. Just seems like too much interest in an RB by this team. If Lynch gets a 4 game, I'd be comfortable with Jackson and Oman (or a rookie) picking up the slack till he gets back.

Maybe theyre gonna bring Cassel in... :beer:

Two words: Xavier Omon.

there are two BIG reasons that we would be bringing in all of these RBs that i can think of off the top of my head.

First, we are counting on Lynch being suspended for at least 2 games (if not 4) and want/need a proven ball carrier to fill in while he is out.

Secondly, the FO is currently in NEGOTIATIONS with Jackson's camp. So it is a smart tactic for the FO to be marching other proven veteran RBs through the office so they can use them as leverage.

those are two quick reasons that i can think of. i wont get into the fact that RBs take a regular pounding and it wouldnt hurt to have a 3rd quality back on the team...