Fox Sports/Pat Moran reports Bills not confident they will get Coles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jackasses at One Bills Drive don't even realize that they already have their #2 receiver in Steven Johnson. The guy made two awesome redzone TDs catches towards the end of the season. He has great hands and feet, and is perfect for the possession receiver roll, but the Bills are addicted to bringing in new WRs and CBs I guess. It's comical how stupid they all are.

The jackasses at One Bills Drive don't even realize that they already have their #2 receiver in Steven Johnson. The guy made two awesome redzone TDs catches towards the end of the season. He has great hands and feet, and is perfect for the possession receiver roll, but the Bills are addicted to bringing in new WRs and CBs I guess. It's comical how stupid they all are.

How are his blocking skills, on running plays and for fellow receivers?

I like Steve Johnson just as much as the next guy, but I don't see the obsession that some people on this board have for him. He seems like a nice player, but in his 2nd year, after barely playing in his rookie season, I don't want to pencil him in as our #2. It just doesn't make sense

Steve Johnson is far from a #2 at this point in his career.

Hows his route running? Hows his understanding of the offense? My guess not near what it needs to be for him to be the #2 WR, otherwise he would have played more and we wouldnt be hosting WR's.

$18 Million over three years seems like too much anyway

It does? Well, Coles himself walked away from 6 Million a year to see how much more money he could earn in free agency. So it seems pretty pathetic to me that the circle-jerks would only offer 6 million while he took the time to come up here and visit, doesn't it? :cry:

Are the Bills stupid. If he left 6 million behind to look for more, how can they offer that contract???? That's insulting. Do the math. 18 divided by 3 is 6! They offered exactly what he left on the table. What about 3 years for 21 million. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to think anymore

And three 6's is the # of the beast, 666!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a bad omen if true. Withdraw the offer now!!! :cry:

It does? Well, Coles himself walked away from 6 Million a year to see how much more money he could earn in free agency. So it seems pretty pathetic to me that the circle-jerks would only offer 6 million while he took the time to come up here and visit, doesn't it? :cry:

Just because he walked away from the deal doesn't justify him getting payed 6 Million a year for 3 to 4 years.

Only fools would chase and overpay for him. Why do you think no one is showing interest?

:rolleyes:

Even more comical is how someone wants to hand the #2 WR spot to a 2nd year player based on two catches.

He walked away from one year at 6 Million, because he wanted a long term contract with more than 6 million guaranteed. If the Jets had offered him 18 million over 3 years wit much of it guaranteed, he probably would have stayed.

They didn't because he's on the wrong side of 30 and has a history of concussions.

Open up the check book and get him signed. Getting another WR and a TE threat for Trent to get the ball to as a safety valve will make everything better. After that, add a couple more guards, and the offense will be pretty good.

OMG, how many more safety valves do we need? No need to pay that kind of money if he just going to run 5 yard outs. We need to get out of the dink and dunk mindset and having two WR's that can get downfield is a good way to start. But seriously, if we just need another dump off man, there are tons of those around for peanuts.

Just because he walked away from the deal doesn't justify him getting payed 6 Million a year for 3 to 4 years.

Only fools would chase and overpay for him. Why do you think no one is showing interest?

:cry:

Speaking of fools...6 to 8 bucks for a 12 oz. Budweiser? Three bucks for boiled hot dog? :rolleyes:

OMG, how many more safety valves do we need? No need to pay that kind of money if he just going to run 5 yard outs. We need to get out of the dink and dunk mindset and having two WR's that can get downfield is a good way to start. But seriously, if we just need another dump off man, there are tons of those around for peanuts.

I was referring to getting a reliable pass catching TE there (aka a version of Royal that can catch), Mick. Coles certainly hasn't been a guy that just runs 5 year outs over his career - he normally averages around 12 yards per catch (which would be an almost perfect complement to Lee Evans' huge averages - he's more of a mid-range guy).

Are the Bills stupid. If he left 6 million behind to look for more, how can they offer that contract???? That's insulting. Do the math. 18 divided by 3 is 6! They offered exactly what he left on the table. What about 3 years for 21 million. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to think anymore

You are ridiculous beast mode. Who in their right mind would pay Laverneus Coles a contract averaging $7 million per year. The guy is a decent 31 yr. old receiver, and nothing more. If he was as awesome as you are inferring from your silly numbers, than don't you think the Jets would have kept him?

Steve Johnson has way more upside at this point in their careers than Coles does. Besides the amount that matters is how much is guaranteed. I am sure the Bills offered at least $8 mill. guaranteed. With some of you on this board, the Bills can do nothing right. If Coles chooses Cinci over us, than good riddence to him.

You are ridiculous beast mode. Who in their right mind would pay Laverneus Coles a contract averaging $7 million per year. The guy is a decent 31 yr. old receiver, and nothing more. If he was as awesome as you are inferring from your silly numbers, than don't you think the Jets would have kept him?

Steve Johnson has way more upside at this point in their careers than Coles does. Besides the amount that matters is how much is guaranteed. I am sure the Bills offered at least $8 mill. guaranteed. With some of you on this board, the Bills can do nothing right. If Coles chooses Cinci over us, than good riddence to him.

Exactly! :cry:

It's unfortunate, but we need to overpay a little for guys in order for them to come to us. WIth the amount of money we have under the cap, I am fine with it.

I didn't realize a LB, DE, CB, and SS were part of the offense. :cry:

My point, fellow grasshopper, is that we have additional needs on the defensive side of the ball and will be paying a hefty contract to Mr. #11 draft pick. Making Coles the $6 Million Dollar Man doesn't seem to be a wise use of our "cash-to-the-cap" funds.