According to ESPN radio this morning...

On The Hurd they are reporting that the Browns have jumped into the Cutler discussion. Sounds like Cutler may still be available in some capacity, and Cle can send them back a young QB plus picks.

Seems like if Cle could possibly pry away Cutler with a package of D. Anderson or Quinn with a draft pick or so, then we should be able to get involved with a package with Trent and a pick or two...

On The Hurd they are reporting that the Browns have jumped into the Cutler discussion. Sounds like Cutler may still be available in some capacity, and Cle can send them back a young QB plus picks.

Seems like if Cle could possibly pry away Cutler with a package of D. Anderson or Quinn with a draft pick or so, then we should be able to get involved with a package with Trent and a pick or two...

why would we want to trade a quarterback who can't throw more than 3 years and is always hurt

There's got to be some problem between Cutler and McDaniels. Why are they trying so hard to shop him?

If there wasn't before the Cassel rumors surfaced, there sure is one now ...

Does that even make sense, man? Why would the Broncos trade Cutler for an unestablished QB and picks? I know they may move him, but not for a guy like Edwards in the package

I think most Edwards has his most critics right here in Buffalo and on Bills message board. Most football people look at TE as having a very good NFL future. He hasn't exactly been surrounded with talented at teh receiving position.

That said, I do think Cutler is better but he is a bit overrated. Numbers are great for fantasy but they are meaningless in the actual game of football. In their only meeting, I say Edwards led the Bills to comeback victory on the road, while Cutler made several big mistakes that cost his team the game. Instead of trading for a QB and throwing in picks (thus setting us back further), let's improve the team around the good, young Qb we have here. Crazy thought I know.

There's got to be some problem between Cutler and McDaniels. Why are they trying so hard to shop him?

I believe Cutler was mad that his QB coach (security blanket) left for USC. Peter King wrote about it in his MMQB column on si.com. Also, the fact that McDaniel probably wants to establish it is his team and if the QB is not on board then he is expendable.

Cutler is as overrated player a player as there is in the game right now. He played for the best offensive mind in the game. Had a great wide reciever, and a good O line. He wasn't able to lead his team to a win over the Bills at home, with the playoffs on the line. I know Denvers d sucks, but come on. If Cutler was the Bills qb you guys would be crucifying him. He is just not that great. Tell me why you think he is 'hands down' better the Edwards. Sorry i think McDaniels knows he aint that good and he is an immature kid. He doesn't want to deal with his crap since McDaniels is not very mature either.

Cutler is as overrated player a player as there is in the game right now. He played for the best offensive mind in the game. Had a great wide reciever, and a good O line. He wasn't able to lead his team to a win over the Bills at home, with the playoffs on the line. I know Denvers d sucks, but come on. If Cutler was the Bills qb you guys would be crucifying him. He is just not that great. Tell me why you think he is 'hands down' better the Edwards. Sorry i think McDaniels knows he aint that good and he is an immature kid. He doesn't want to deal with his crap since McDaniels is not very mature either.

He has better fantasy stats. :rolleyes:

Didn't Edwards and Cutler go face to face in Denver this past year? Who won? Oh yeah, Edwards. Whattya say let's just forget about that egomaniac mediocre QB Cutler. We're fine with Edwards.

Did Cutler and Edwardsplay some kind of one on one street football game I dont know about, becuase last I checked the Buffalo Bills beat the Denver Broncos in that game as it wasnt a one on one show down.

Did Cutler and Edwardsplay some kind of one on one street football game I dont know about, becuase last I checked the Buffalo Bills beat the Denver Broncos in that game as it wasnt a one on one show down.

It's a product of the media. Brady versus Manning, instead of Patriots versus Colts. Romo versus Manning, instead of Cowboys versus Giants.

Didn't Edwards and Cutler go face to face in Denver this past year? Who won? Oh yeah, Edwards. Whattya say let's just forget about that egomaniac mediocre QB Cutler. We're fine with Edwards.

No, Edwards and Cutler did NOT go face to face this year. The Buffalo Bills played the Denver Broncos.

Neither guy played great, but Cutler's 359 yards easily outpaced Edwards despite Cutler's 1 INT. You could say that they played about equally well or that Cutler was a bit better.

However, the Bills, AS A TEAM, beat the Broncos AS A TEAM.

No, Edwards and Cutler did NOT go face to face this year. The Buffalo Bills played the Denver Broncos.

Neither guy played great, but Cutler's 359 yards easily outpaced Edwards despite Cutler's 1 INT. You could say that they played about equally well or that Cutler was a bit better.

No they played one on one....

Edwards shoots

he scores

Cutler is better because he will be the starting QB for 16 games. Trent may start 10-12. That means Ryan fitzcraptick is the starter for 4-6 games. Games we will lose that cutler may have won. When Trent can start 16 games, I'll be a billiever. Until then, I won't be happy til we have a new qb.

Why did wesihn fitzcraptik btw? I'm still in awe

The real question here is why in the world would Cleveland want Cutler. They have Quinn, did I miss something with him. Also Anderson is as good as a number 2 as you can get. Dealing Anderson would be smart if you can get a good deal for him. The Brownies signal callers struggled last year had as much to do with B. Edwards dropping balls, and Winslow not living up to expectations as anything. Tradding Quinn makes no sense for either team unless Tampa is still trying to work out a three team trade for a QB, then Anderson could go to the Broncos, and Cutler to the Bucs with Quinn staying in Cleveland.

The real question here is why in the world would Cleveland want Cutler. They have Quinn, did I miss something with him. Also Anderson is as good as a number 2 as you can get. Dealing Anderson would be smart if you can get a good deal for him. The Brownies signal callers struggled last year had as much to do with B. Edwards dropping balls, and Winslow not living up to expectations as anything. Tradding Quinn makes no sense for either team unless Tampa is still trying to work out a three team trade for a QB, then Anderson could go to the Broncos, and Cutler to the Bucs with Quinn staying in Cleveland.

Yes, you apparently did miss something...Quinn wasnt all that impressive when he played last year. Doesnt mean he wont be good, but there is no certainty and a lot of question marks. Cutler is a Pro Bowler...big difference...also, reports out of Cleveland is the new regime is not sold on Quinn and have already stated it will be an open QB battle between D. Anderson and Quinn if both are still there this preseason...

Keep your stats. At the end of the game when it matter, Edwards made the plays and Cutler didn't.

Just posted new thread that has a rumor from rotoworld that Culter and 3rd for S. Rogers and Quinn

That would be an amzaing deal for Denver, though Braylon Edwards would be in line for a monster fantasy year (assuming he can hold onto the ball).

Yes, you apparently did miss something...Quinn wasnt all that impressive when he played last year. Doesnt mean he wont be good, but there is no certainty and a lot of question marks. Cutler is a Pro Bowler...big difference...also, reports out of Cleveland is the new regime is not sold on Quinn and have already stated it will be an open QB battle between D. Anderson and Quinn if both are still there this preseason...

Quinn won what, all of one game last year?

And we know which one that was. :cry:

I know that he struggled some last year, but talk about a lack of patiences. They gave the bank to move up into the first round then give him all of 6 or so starts then trade him. This makes Bills fans diligence with QBs look downright benevolent.

Quinn won what, all of one game last year?

And we know which one that was. :cry:

Wait, when did Quinn beat us? Don't you remember Rian Lindell kicking that 47 yard field goal and then being mobbed by his teammates before we made one last defensive stop to beat the Browns? Yeah, that was the game that got us back on track for making the playoffs. Honestly, I doubt that the Bills would have even won the Superbowl if Lindell misses that kick, seeing as we just barely snuck into the playoffs after the dramatic victory over the Patriots in week 17.

Wait, when did Quinn beat us? Don't you remember Rian Lindell kicking that 47 yard field goal and then being mobbed by his teammates before we made one last defensive stop to beat the Browns? Yeah, that was the game that got us back on track for making the playoffs. Honestly, I doubt that the Bills would have even won the Superbowl if Lindell misses that kick, seeing as we just barely snuck into the playoffs after the dramatic victory over the Patriots in week 17.

Man, I wish I had your memory.

Or creativity. :cry:

I know that he struggled some last year, but talk about a lack of patiences. They gave the bank to move up into the first round then give him all of 6 or so starts then trade him. This makes Bills fans diligence with QBs look downright benevolent.

its not about a lack of patience...tis called young pro bowl QB in Cutler for unproven QB in Quinn...

No one is saying Quinn doesnt have potential...but thats ALL he is right now...a QB with potential. Cutler is a real young PRO BOWL QB who has a bigger arm, just as much upside, if not more, and keeps getting better each year...

its not about a lack of patience...tis called young pro bowl QB in Cutler for unproven QB in Quinn...

No one is saying Quinn doesnt have potential...but thats ALL he is right now...a QB with potential. Cutler is a real young PRO BOWL QB who has a bigger arm, just as much upside, if not more, and keeps getting better each year...

I know what you are saying and I truly understand it. However I was under the impression ( not from any special source just an old Army buddy that lives in Cleveland) Mangini got the head coach job because He worked under Wiess in NE who was Quinns coach in college and would run a system that Brady was familar with. This just doesnt seem right, and I do like Cutler but how much faster would he acclimate to a new system in a year, year and a half maybe. It just seems to me that if I was a Browns fan this would be a bothersome move for me.

I know what you are saying and I truly understand it. However I was under the impression ( not from any special source just an old Army buddy that lives in Cleveland) Mangini got the head coach job because He worked under Wiess in NE who was Quinns coach in college and would run a system that Brady was familar with. This just doesnt seem right, and I do like Cutler but how much faster would he acclimate to a new system in a year, year and a half maybe. It just seems to me that if I was a Browns fan this would be a bothersome move for me.

The new regimen in Cle said D. Anderson and Quinn would compete for a job and that they are not sold on Quinn...if I was a fan in Cle, I take the Pro Bowl QB, not the the QB we know nothing about. The fact he played for Weiss has little value IMO. Plus Cutler has the bigger arm better suited for the weather in Cle.

If I am a Cle fan I am jumping for joy in this trade and praying they dont trade Braylon...