Bills to make one last push for Greer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great example of the Bills stupidity, which seems to be never ending. Little if anything surprises me any more.

Corners mean more to the Colts than they do to the Bills. They play in a dome where passing conditions are always favorable. The Bills already have McKelvin, MaGee and of course Corner. There is only a certain amount of money to go around wrt free agents. We have no center, no tight end, no depth at guard, and the defensive line is a bad joke. What is the solution for thee dumbasses? Offer huge bucks to an OK cover-2 corner. :beer:

So, where does this leave us? If we are outbid, Dick Levy will almost surely draft one in the first round, or at least another safety. If we retain Greer, Ralph will soon cry "cash to cap." I thank God for the other more important things in my life because the idiocy of this team is never ending and hard to bear at times.

This is a great example of the Bills stupidity, which seems to be never ending. Little if anything surprises me any more.

Corners mean more to the Colts than they do to the Bills. They play in a dome where passing conditions are always favorable. The Bills already have McKelvin, MaGee and of course Corner. There is only a certain amount of money to go around wrt free agents. We have no center, no tight end, no depth at guard, and the defensive line is a bad joke. What is the solution for thee dumbasses? Offer huge bucks to an OK cover-2 corner. :beer:

So, where does this leave us? If we are outbid, Dick Levy will almost surely draft one in the first round, or at least another safety. If we retain Greer, Ralph will soon cry "cash to cap." I thank God for the other more important things in my life because the idiocy of this team is never ending and hard to bear at times.

I'll bet you $100 the Bills don't draft a CB on the first day this year.

So you B word when the bills dont re-sign their CBs and then have to draft replacements. But now you B word when they try to re-sign a decent CB? Newsflash...as much as you hate to admit it, you actually do need some CBs on the field to play defense. At least 2 on most downs. As much as you'd like it, you can't actually play D with 11 DL/LBs.

Not to mention that McGee is a free agent next year, so locking up greer would be planning ahead.

Honestly, this is what I want to see from the Bills, when it comes to dealing with their valuable FAs. (Obviously, I'd prefer they deal with them before they become FAs, but sometimes it comes down to this.) TRY! That's really what I expect...some effort. I don't think they should pay whatever it takes, for Greer, but an honest offer (something more than the first, rather weak, attempt), to give him an option to stay here, if he is happy in his situation.

Too often, in the past, I got the idea that the Bills simply didn't put in the effort.

It's a waste of time and money. If they sign Greer is Leodis going to sit the bench? That's kinda dumb. In Leodis's limited playtime he had more INT's then Greer. The guy is a gamer and he is going to play in the slot? Bleh.

It's a waste of time and money. If they sign Greer is Leodis going to sit the bench? That's kinda dumb. In Leodis's limited playtime he had more INT's then Greer. The guy is a gamer and he is going to play in the slot? Bleh.

You need at least three good starting CBs, in this league, IMO. As John mentioned, there are injuries to consider...and there is the impending free agency of McGee. They may figure they will not be able to afford McGee, and are making a preemptive strike with Greer, this year.

If they resign greer McGee could be trade bait IMO

Texans have Owen Daniels and they need db'S .. Possibly a reason for getting Greer back is to offload another vet DB via a trade...

and Greer is not worth more then 5 million per season. he hasn't done that much in this league to warrant paying that kind of coin too.

if greer is really worth 7 to 8 million on the open market shouldnt the bills francise him and then do a sign and trade?.........i dont want to get stuck with him for 7 million,but shouldnt our front office be on the pulse or really know the market?go bills in"2012

Greer is gone. If you we're him, would you give a hometown discount that costs you millions to stay with a 10 year loser team??

This is a posturing act by the Bills.

Your comment is less than useless. Yes I would give a discount to a team that has known me from the start. Less likelihood of getting cut after I don't meet the expectations of an 8 mil/year contract from a team that expects me to be a star. Greer is good not great. Take the 5 million a year the Bills should offer and play the entire contract out with a team that paid me what I was worth.

In my opinion, there is actually a difference between what the market lends and what a player is worth.

If they resign greer McGee could be trade bait IMO

Texans have Owen Daniels and they need db'S .. Possibly a reason for getting Greer back is to offload another vet DB via a trade...

and Greer is not worth more then 5 million per season. he hasn't done that much in this league to warrant paying that kind of coin too.

This makes sense to me, too. If we re-sign Greer, look for McGee to be moved before the draft, which makes sense in that someone else who could also use him in the return game would find him more valuable than we do (i.e, the most efficient use of McGee's talents) thus paving the way for a "win-win" kind of trade. If we got Daniels straight up for him or if we got a 2nd round pick for him I'd say do it, much as I like McGee.....