Guy on Billszone claiming he works for the Bills...

some of you on this board remember and know that I work for the Bills. While im not trying to brag...im just trying to back myself up by saying that I talked with an individual who works in the Bills front office.

Take it as it is...This is what he told me earlier today.

1. The Bills number one target in free agency is Albert Haynesworth. They're prepared to offer him a contract making him the highest paid player in the nfl. This person told me that the front office recognizes the lack of a pass rush due to the fact that there is no pass rushing defensive tackle. Having two man eaters in the middle would certainly free up schobel and kelsay.

2. The Bills second target is Jeff Saturday. After investing a boat load of money in the OL, and also giving Peters a new contract (stay tuned) the presence of a veteran center like Saturday would make this offensive line the strength of the team. He is a player similar to Kent Hull back in the day.

3. Peters isn't going anywhere. He didnt play at the end of last season because he really was hurt...nothing to do with contract issues.

4. Shawne Merriman and Torry Holt are on the trade block.

5. The Bills and Chiefs agreed to a trade. Tony Gonzalez and a 5th round pick for a second round pick. The only problem was Gonzalez has a clause in his contract to void any trade. Which is exactly what he did.

6. The scouts really like Rey Maualuga and dont be suprised if hes our first round pick and we move Posluszny to the outside.

7. Bo Scafie is on the radar of the Bills as well. So is Owen Daniels but he is an RFA and looks to be a pipe dream.

8. No Chance we re-sign Jabari Greer.

9. The Bills are either going to go LB round 1 and DE round 2 (They like the kid from UCONN) or DE round 1 LB round 2.

10. Chris Simms is going to be brought in as our back up QB most likely.

and finally on a random NFL note....dont be suprised to see Mark Sanchez picked 1 overall to the Lions

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170098

ALSO, here is what the NFL is saying in regards to Marshawn's arrest:

LEAGUE MUM ON WHETHER MARSHAWN IS CONSIDERED A REPEAT OFFENDER

Posted by Mike Florio on February 16, 2009, 9:41 a.m. EST

When we caught wind on Sunday of the possibility that Bills running back Marshawn Lynch had been arrested in Southern California, one of our first questions was whether Lynch’s latest (alleged) escapades, when coupled with his 2008 game of free-range bumper cars, would result in the imposition of discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy even before resolution of the most recent arrest.

But, per NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the league isn’t commenting on whether Lynch will be regarded as a repeat offender under the policy.

It’s a complicated situation, given that Lynch ultimately wasn’t punished after the hit-and-run incident resulted in the imposition of no discipline after Lynch pleaded guilty to a reduce charge.

“I think the facts are clear on the case at this point in time, and I don’t plan any discipline,” Commissioner Roger Goodell said last year.

Last month, Goodell explained that the Personal Conduct Policy primarily targets repeat offenders.

“We may not wait for the legal process to conclude when we have repeat offenders,” Goodell said. “When you start getting into multiple accusations, you are putting yourself in the wrong position. You are making the wrong decision. You are in the wrong places. At that point in time, you are reflecting poorly on the NFL, yourself, your teammates.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/16/...epeat-offender/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to go with a LB in the 1st round, I'd rather it be Cushing and keep Posluszny in the middle. They say that Maualuga can't cover..........at all. The MLB responsibilities in the Cover 2 require him to be able to drop quickly into coverage in various spots about 10 yards downfield and across anywhere. You must be pretty agile and have a good burst to get to where you need to be. Rey is a tackling machine though and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a guy with his kind of attitude on our team. He plays the game with "bad intentions" for the opposing offense and we need a guy like that. Haynesworth would be great and posesses that same attitude. Saturday is a guy with a mean streak on the OL that can handle 3-4 NT's consistently. Perfect fit. I wouldn't mind Cody Brown(DE, UCONN), but only if it was in the 4th or 5th. The 2nd would be WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to high for that guy unless he has a phenominal combine. Would rather take a chance on Ayers in the 2nd. We might need to be taking a look at Donald Brown(RB, UCONN) in the 2nd round though :lol: <Insert your tirade after this statement :w00t: Scaife would be an upgrade over Royal, but I don't know if he's really what we need. I'd love to have Daniels, but it IS most likely a "pipe dream". If we don't get Daniels I truly want Casey or Coffman in the 3rd. My personal preference being Casey, but I'd be happy with either of the two. Bye Jabari, thanks for the last couple of seasons. All the best to you. I'd be content with the Chris Simms move. I'd still give Cullen Harper(QB, Clemson) a shot in the 7th if he's there or as an UFA. We'd be instant contenders in the AFC East, if not the AFC period, with those moves. Hope this isn't all a bunch of horse poo :w00t:

I just can't see the Bills FO being that high on Haynesworth, in light of all his "legal" troubles (both on and off the field). The guy still has the maturity of a 12-year old ... and that's probably paying a disservice to 12-year olds! Giving a guy like that the kind of guaranteed money he will demand (and most likely get from some team out there) is a risk the Bills just aren't likely to take. I'd not be surprised to see "Fat Albert" wind up on a team like the Cowboys or the Raiders - they LOVE to prove they can "rehabilitate" these guys.

GO BILLS!

As you all know I work for the Bills concession stand on Sundays. Not trying to brag or anything, just saying. I overheard an exec with the initials RW talking on his cell phone while he was taking a piss in the aluminum piss trough. Someone said, "That's not the piss trough, that's the sink." Well, he said, "Its a piss trough, now, son." I think this means we are prepared to make Albert Haynsworth owner of the team and hire Terrell Owens as receiver's coach. Stay tuned. :w00t:

As you all know I work for the Bills concession stand on Sundays. Not trying to brag or anything, just saying. I overheard an exec with the initials RW talking on his cell phone while he was taking a piss in the aluminum piss trough. Someone said, "That's not the piss trough, that's the sink." Well, he said, "Its a piss trough, now, son." I think this means we are prepared to make Albert Haynsworth owner of the team and hire Terrell Owens as receiver's coach. Stay tuned. :w00t:

I'm surprised Ralph can still... well... nvm

Oh yes, a Bills front office executive runs to a message board to spill the beans... OH BROTHER...

If he really is a Bills front office guy he's a douchebag for revealing their FA and draft plans.

If he works for Ralph, id say a 1972 Rabbit

Rabbits weren't made in 1972. :w00t:

So most of you are still in favor of making him the highest paid defensive player in the league?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3903573

He said that the starting point for his new contract would be the 6 year, $72 million deal with a guaranteed $30 million signing bonus given to Dwight Freeney. He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

So in view of his continued off the field problems:

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year

kicking Titan teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest in 2007

Stomping on Andre Gurode's head in 2006

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

Attempting to attack a teammate with a pole at the University of Tennessee

And in view of Marshawn's latest foibles, everyone is in favor of bringing Haynesworth here?

Or put differently, if you were the GM of the Bills, this is a guy you would make the league's highest paid defensive player?

So most of you are still in favor of making him the highest paid defensive player in the league?

He said that the starting point for his new contract would be the 6 year, $72 million deal with a guaranteed $30 million signing bonus given to Dwight Freeney. He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

And in view of Marshawn's latest foibles, everyone is in favor of bringing Haynesworth here?

Or put differently, if you were the GM of the Bills, this is a guy you would make the league's highest paid defensive player?

The guy had traffic tickets and a few times of going overboard on the field. Granted the on field incident was pretty nasty and I in no way think that is acceptable but listing that as a sign of character flaws and legal problems makes most professional athletes look like a Saint (off the field). I am sure there are man yhere with a worse DMV record than a few traffic tickets (with one unpaid leading to a warrant and maybe a fender bender leading to "personal injury')

Ralph would of course NEVER pay Haynesworth, nor will he pay Greer, unfortunately. We'll get the usual "B" level leftovers. As long as they cut Royal and the God-awful Kelsay, that w/b a start....I'd like to see 'em let Steve Johnson play at the #2 WR spot, and give Fine a chance at TE. Then go hard after a pass rush and a center in the draft.

Ok, if this guy is willing to come forward then so will I. I'm the rat catcher for OBD. While in the basement I overheard Brandon screaming that he wants to know who the hell has been posting their FA and draft plans on the Billszone site!! He's pretty sure it's Ralph but he needs more proof before confronting him!!

He said he was glad it was the Billszone site because nobody reads it. If it had been TBD he'd be a lot more concerned. I hope he doesn't see this thread! :w00t:

I agree. I think the guy is a complete scumbag for that head stomp. It was a POS thing to do. Plus, I'm very wary of getting a fat guy a huge contract. IF, and I understand it's a big if, the Bills signed Fat Albert, I would be worried about him discovering the wonders of Buffalo wings, LaNova pizza, Beef on Weck, Ted's, and Canadian beer and weighing 500 lbs next year.