Lost Season 5 Official Thread!

extrahammer

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILERS FROM TONIGHTS EPISODE BELOW

Tonight was definitely a set up episode for next week...I liked it but nothing blew me away.

I knew Jin wasn't dead, so seeing him tonight was just something I had been waiting for. It's clear that when the boat blew up, he was blown clear and into the island's radius of influence.

Having Claire's mother inserted like that was just to momentarily throw us...I don't think anyone should be surprised that Ben was the one trying to get Aaron.

I was thinking that Miles and Charlotte are both afflicted because they were both born on the island, but then when Juliette starts with the nose bleed, it very well may be the duration of stay that Daniel brought up.

Hugo looks pretty good in that jump suit. :wallbash:

More thoughts tomorrow as I always come up with more stuff after I've had a chance to sleep on it.

Wow...almost 12 full hours after the end of this weeks episode and only one (mine) comment post. Was it really that underwhelming of an episode?

Could have been. The biggest question I had after the episode was who was shooting at them when they were in the canoe, which I think is a bad sign.

Decent episode, nothing spectacular. It served to advance the plot line, but no real crazy unexpected stuff, and no real big answers. One thought i did have, or rather my girl had, was that perhaps the whispers the lostaways were hearing on the island during seasons 1 and 2 actually the time travelers. Sawyer saw kate and claire last night, and the rest of the group was close by, so perhaps their voices were the "whispers."

Decent episode, nothing spectacular. It served to advance the plot line, but no real crazy unexpected stuff, and no real big answers. One thought i did have, or rather my girl had, was that perhaps the whispers the lostaways were hearing on the island during seasons 1 and 2 actually the time travelers. Sawyer saw kate and claire last night, and the rest of the group was close by, so perhaps their voices were the "whispers."

I dunno, the others always showed up with the whispers, remember?

The nosebleeds from the non Lostaways is intriguing and only real take away I got from the episode. Though Sun with a gun and seemingly approaching Ben and the remaining Oceanic 6 (minus Hurley) seems interesting but have a feeling everyone is going to convince her they have to return to the island especially since the preview eluded that Ben has proof that Jin's still alive. Of course the questions that do remain is how will Locke learn to escape the island and why he ends up in the real world and just how their going to get Hurley out of prison in time remains a big question. The end reveal of Jin alive but with Rousseau was a nice surprise at all but at least now looks like we might find out what caused her people to die of the sickness but think it could all be tied into the Jughead.

The nosebleeds from the non Lostaways is intriguing and only real take away I got from the episode. Though Sun with a gun and seemingly approaching Ben and the remaining Oceanic 6 (minus Hurley) seems interesting but have a feeling everyone is going to convince her they have to return to the island especially since the preview eluded that Ben has proof that Jin's still alive. Of course the questions that do remain is how will Locke learn to escape the island and why he ends up in the real world and just how their going to get Hurley out of prison in time remains a big question. The end reveal of Jin alive but with Rousseau was a nice surprise at all but at least now looks like we might find out what caused her people to die of the sickness but think it could all be tied into the Jughead.

Ben's lawyer told him in the parking garage that there was no real case (or he made it that way) against Hurley and that a judge would release him the next day.

PTR

Could have been. The biggest question I had after the episode was who was shooting at them when they were in the canoe, which I think is a bad sign.

Yep. That was maybe the biggest thing of the ep. Looked like Juliet nailed one of them with the M1. That time-flash was to the future, the tents on the beach were abandoned and weather-beaten. Looks like there may be a new group that came to the island.

And I'm getting the feeling that Eloise is so specific about the 70 hours b/c that may be the last instance of there being a future-flash (remember, the Oceanic 6 are in 2007; they need to get back to 2004, so it will be a precise jump they need to do) before the island stops 'skipping' and/or something happens to deserve her "God help us all."

That's what I was thinking when Sawyer was eavesdropping there. Pondering, but I don't really know how Walt would fit in this phenomenon (e.g. when he appeared to Shannon, Shannon & Sayid) or if his apparition isn't related to the space-time-shifting. I'm fairly certain that his appearance to Locke in the Dharma pit happens during a time-flash, tho.

I dunno, the others always showed up with the whispers, remember?

No, they didn't.

Ben's lawyer told him in the parking garage that there was no real case (or he made it that way) against Hurley and that a judge would release him the next day.

PTR

The lawyer said that the guy outside of the mental institution was killed before Hurley escaped. I don't know how he expects to explain away the photos of Hurley at the balcony of a room where two people are dead, holding the gun and covered with red liquid (ketchup).

What remains to be seen is how they get Walt and also if Sun needs to bring her baby (my guess is yes).

The 'Jin didn't die' plotline didn't surprise me. I never thought he did... b/c the island doesn't let you die until your role is through.

Another hint by Daniel that Miles has been on the island before which puts some steam behind speculation that he's Halliwax's son shown in the first minutes of the season premiere. (That scene may be Daniel trying to input a constant for Miles). However, that Juliet is getting 'temporal displacement' after she'd been fine for three years previous, I think is an indication that it won't matter if you have a constant b/c the time-shifts are becoming more and more violent... all "Because You Left" in a way that violated the Rules. And it's for that reason that it's not enough for the Oceanic 6 to come back whenever --- they need to come back at a precise point.

Does coming back c. 2004 mean that none of what happened to them after they were rescued will happen? Or, as I posited before, does it just create a "Back to the Future" instance where there are 4 Martys in the mall parking lot? B/c when Sawyer was watching Kate and Claire, you'd have to think there was still a past-Sawyer at the beach.

So in Season 1, when Jack or Michael went to meet the others, there were no whispers?

When Sayid was in the jungle after meeting Rousseau, there were whispers and no Others appeared. Sawyer heard them as well (if you remember, he asked Sayid about that experience but then when Sayid asked what Sawyer heard he said, "Nothin'", no Others appeared.

Shannon heard whispers a few times, Walt appeared --- in the tent, in the jungle and then just before the Tailies came and she was shot. I also believe there were whispers in the scene where Eko was attacked by the smoke monster.

Just b/c there were whispers in some instances where the Others appeared, don't fall into the assumption that it is the Others, it may be false cause. The whispers might more accurately be described as warnings of danger ahead; and that could only be known by someone who knows the future.

So...Russo and Jin meet as she and her crew are shipwreaked on the island. My question is this...did Jin and Russo have any interaction during the last four seasons? I'm sure they must have, which leads me to wonder if she remembered him or was she so screwed up that she didn't. I don't recall any instance where she (or he) might have indicated that they had met before.

Thoughts?

You know, I may be stating the obvious, but this time travel hooey really puts a wrinkle in the plot and I'm not sure that I welcome it. I mean, anything that we've seen can be theoretically reversed ......completely, like it never happened. Anyone who we thought was dead can come back. Entire issues that had been resolved could open themselves right back up again.

Who knows, but the finale of the show could wind up being us watching a plane full of people flying past the island, landing in the US and going about their lives like the whole thing never happened.

So...Russo and Jin meet as she and her crew are shipwreaked on the island. My question is this...did Jin and Russo have any interaction during the last four seasons? I'm sure they must have, which leads me to wonder if she remembered him or was she so screwed up that she didn't. I don't recall any instance where she (or he) might have indicated that they had met before.

Thoughts?

I can't remember any specific times but Lostpedia referenced season 3 that the day Jin learned Sun was pregnant the team was prepared to visit the station where Danielle made her recording so they must have met. Of course now she has a "new memory of Jin" (see Desmond's new memory of Daniel telling him to meet his mother in Oxford) so the prior interaction will ultimately be now changed as to what ultimately will happens is still in the air.

You know, I may be stating the obvious, but this time travel hooey really puts a wrinkle in the plot and I'm not sure that I welcome it. I mean, anything that we've seen can be theoretically reversed ......completely, like it never happened. Anyone who we thought was dead can come back. Entire issues that had been resolved could open themselves right back up again.

Who knows, but the finale of the show could wind up being us watching a plane full of people flying past the island, landing in the US and going about their lives like the whole thing never happened.

To paraphrase the white haired woman thought to be Daniel Farraday's mother the universe will find a way to correct itself. Even so eventually they'll all end up on that island someway.

I don't think she would remember because at that "time" it didn't happen. Like Desmond didn't "remember" meeting Farady until he was off the island.

I'm not sure. As Faraday said, Desmond is a special case. His memory happens in real time. I'm not sure how it all works.

And I'm not sure that I should get so caught up in understanding time theory, as Carlton Cuse advised. It'll probably give me a nosebleed.

Then again, Ben told Jack to pack any thing he wanted on the island b/c he wasn't ever coming back.

I'm not sure things could be completely reversed. "Course correction" and all that.... But... do you imagine that the time skipping is what might be allowing the dead characters to appear to the Oceanic 6?

I also have yet to see comment on the computer woman at Oxford being the same woman at the 815 gate. Ginny, the one who let Hurley on? That was her, yes?

Then, forgot to mention at the time a couple of weeks ago, but did you guys see the kid who plays Walt in the commercial that ran during Lost? I think it was Tostinos or HotPockets or some crap like that. Thought that was a little odd.

Then again, Ben told Jack to pack any thing he wanted on the island b/c he wasn't ever coming back.

I'm not sure things could be completely reversed. "Course correction" and all that.... But... do you imagine that the time skipping is what might be allowing the dead characters to appear to the Oceanic 6?

I also have yet to see comment on the computer woman at Oxford being the same woman at the 815 gate. Ginny, the one who let Hurley on? That was her, yes?

Then, forgot to mention at the time a couple of weeks ago, but did you guys see the kid who plays Walt in the commercial that ran during Lost? I think it was Tostinos or HotPockets or some crap like that. Thought that was a little odd.

Jack saw his dead father even before they starting skipping time so not sure they has anything to do with it but who knows.

I've read else where that the computer woman was the same woman at the airport gate on another board but not sure what to make of it but did mention now when here Oceanic 6 starting think of the saying 6 degrees of separation ie that every person in the world is linked to everyone else by 6 people.

I did see that commercial but actors need work. As I'm pretty sure I saw the guy who plays Michael was also in the preview of some new cop show coming on ABC I just can't remember if saw it while watching Lost or possibly Scrubs. Though another appearance really baffled me was the actor who plays Widmore was in a recent episode of Flight of the Conchords playing an Australian of all things.