stroud contract

BeastMode54

I could be wrong, but I think I remember before we got Stroud that it was understood by him and his agent, that he would get his deal re-worked. I haven't heard anything at all this year or off-season, but do any of you remember this, and if it's true, will it be a problem?

It'll only be a problem if the Bills are too stupid to pay him what he deserves.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember before we got Stroud that it was understood by him and his agent, that he would get his deal re-worked. I haven't heard anything at all this year or off-season, but do any of you remember this, and if it's true, will it be a problem?

I remember hearing something about it and remember Stroud saying something to the effect of "my play will make you want to rework my deal".

He was good this year but I dont know if he was that good was he?

Marcus Stroud had an average year at best. He had some strong quarters, but wasn't nearly a dominant force throughout any entire games except possibly the opener against Seattle. I thought he would have a much stronger presence. I would be very suprised if he received a lucrative extension.

He was not the player that either Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers were and they both were acquired for the same price draft choice wise.

He was not the player that either Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers were and they both were acquired for the same price draft choice wise.

He wasn't? Watch more, listen to ESPN less. Jenkins was good to start the year, and as the season wore on, he folded down the stretch. He became neutralized by the middle-end of the season, and was easily pushed around in the jets 3-4 scheme, leading to questions about whether or not he's suited to be a nose tackle. As Far as Rogers goes. Rogers had a terrible start to the year, and took him time to adjust. He played better as the season wore on. Push comes to shove I'd take Rogers over Stroud. Jenkins ehh not so much.

Agreed. But he's better than any alternative the Bills have right now, which means he'll likely get some more $$ added to his deal.

Stroud has one year left on his current deal.

Stroud-as opposed to schobel ,kelsay, dockery, etc--is worth paying

Marcus Stroud had an average year at best. He had some strong quarters, but wasn't nearly a dominant force throughout any entire games except possibly the opener against Seattle. I thought he would have a much stronger presence. I would be very suprised if he received a lucrative extension.

He was easily the best player on our defense this year. Look at the weak cast that he plays with! There is not one player in that front seven that could not easily be replaced. He consistantly played on the other side of the LOS and faced double teams. While fan favorites like Poz and Whitner somehow don't face scrutiny, Stroud was the only player that WAS Pro Bowl worthy on this team. PAY HIM!

Stroud came here with 3 years left on his deal, and the Bills moved some of it into more "upfront money" because of all the other DT's aquired in trades got new deals. So now Stroud has two years left, and I would like to add two more with a decent signing bonus which would keep him here until he is 35. Sounds good to me.

Stroud played well. He was certainly an upgrade over Triplett and McCargo. I was disappointed at the way NE handled Stroud with single blocking, he was eliminated repeatedly by the NE guard one on one. I would add a year and kick him some bonus dollars but not break the bank.

Team needs to draft another middle round DT who can contribute.

The Bills run defense was about the same in 2008 as it was in 2007 (about 113 yards allowed per game).

However in overall defense they went from 31st in yards allowed to 14th this past season with Stroud.

They went from 18th in points allowed to 14th with Stroud.

Is he an elite tackle anymore? Probably not. Is he part of the problem or part of the solution. Well, that's obvious.

Now we just need to get one more run stopper and one more pass rusher. Stroud is a piece we can build with and he's not costing us an arm and a leg.

And yes, have we already forgotten about Larry Triplett?

He wasn't? Watch more, listen to ESPN less. Jenkins was good to start the year, and as the season wore on, he folded down the stretch. He became neutralized by the middle-end of the season, and was easily pushed around in the jets 3-4 scheme, leading to questions about whether or not he's suited to be a nose tackle. As Far as Rogers goes. Rogers had a terrible start to the year, and took him time to adjust. He played better as the season wore on. Push comes to shove I'd take Rogers over Stroud. Jenkins ehh not so much.

It has nothing to do with ESPN. Unlike yourself, I watch more than just the Bills games. Rogers has 30 more tackles, but that position is not always about tackled, but you still need to look at that.

It has nothing to do with ESPN. Unlike yourself, I watch more than just the Bills games. Rogers has 30 more tackles, but that position is not always about tackled, but you still need to look at that.

Like I said I would take Rogers over Stroud. Yeah he had questions, about motivation, but when he wants to, he can ball. I live in New Jersey, and watched the jets pretty much all season. Jenkins was not the same player at the end of the year that he was in the beginning of the year. They routinely started taking him out on passing downs, and he became ineffective as a presence in the run game. There's concern among fans here that he's not a 3-4 nose tackle. He's in no circumstance a better player then stroud. Believe me I watch far more then just Bills games. I occasionaly want to see what good defensive football looks like. Something Buffalo hasn't had in about 10 years. However Stroud is the best player on our defensive line, hopefully the contract is a non issue.

He was easily the best player on our defense this year. Look at the weak cast that he plays with! There is not one player in that front seven that could not easily be replaced. He consistantly played on the other side of the LOS and faced double teams. While fan favorites like Poz and Whitner somehow don't face scrutiny, Stroud was the only player that WAS Pro Bowl worthy on this team. PAY HIM!

I agree he was the best player in our front seven. But that is not saying much at all is it? The most talented defender on our roster is Ashton Yabouty. McKelvin has more athletic ability than Yabouty, but is not the corner that Yabouty is at this time.

Stroud is bigtime overrated. He gets absolutely no push on pass rush. He was decent against the run at times. But do you mean to tell me that you thought he played like a beast game in and game out? I think not.

Sorry Stroud was OK but no worthy of a contract extention. When his contract expires he will be 33. Not wise to extend him at that age. Need to get younger

I don't agree at all.

It would be foolish to let Stroud go after his contract is up imo (barring any setback).

I have to agree with the other poster re: Jenkins. The final 6/7 games or so, he was absolutely nonexistent for them.

Trade the bastard! :lol: Who does he think he is holding up the Bills for fair compensation?!?

To be fair, the more money paid to stroud, the less money that can be overpaid to a mediocre player like kelsay or kyle williams.

I agree he was the best player in our front seven. But that is not saying much at all is it? The most talented defender on our roster is Ashton Yabouty. McKelvin has more athletic ability than Yabouty, but is not the corner that Yabouty is at this time.

Stroud is bigtime overrated. He gets absolutely no push on pass rush. He was decent against the run at times. But do you mean to tell me that you thought he played like a beast game in and game out? I think not.

Are you serious about Yabouty? Dude hasn't been on the field since he got here! Let me guess, you went to The Division 3 College of Ohio State. Stroud played next to K. Williams, Deney and Kelsey this year! Teams doubled the snot out the guy all year long! Please go back and watch how many times he blew plays up by penetrating the LOS. Yabouty really?

I agree 100%. Jenkins was a monster through the first 8-9 games. IMO, he was the AFC MVP, at least defensive MVP. Remember the first bills game? He was in the backfield every other play.

But around game 10, he fell flat. Probably conditioning, maybe ill suited to the scheme. Whatever it was, he was downright terrible in the second half of the season. It was night and day between the first and second Jets-Bills games for him.

For all the blame that was heaped on Brett Favre for the meltdown (deservedly so), I think Jenkins should have bore as much or more blame than Favre. We will see if he can rebound or not.

Good thing about the Stroud/Jenkins comparisons: yeah they both came with the same trade value, but remember Jenkins got a 5 year 31 mil contract before he even came on board with the Jets. Stroud did not.

Are you serious about Yabouty? Dude hasn't been on the field since he got here! Let me guess, you went to The Division 3 College of Ohio State. Stroud played next to K. Williams, Deney and Kelsey this year! Teams doubled the snot out the guy all year long! Please go back and watch how many times he blew plays up by penetrating the LOS. Yabouty really?

Ashton Youboty was a damn good player in the first month of the season before he got hurt. A lot of people will say that he was the best player on the field for defense in our first five games. I don't agree, but he was damn well close. Playing nickel, he was solid...made great tackles and looked like he was ready to emerge.

But he got hurt...and I think a lot of people forgot about his contributions.

Hopefully he'll rebound next year, stay healthy, and make the loss of greer not hurt too much.