Tony Dungy Stepping down as Colts HC

Justice

How long til someone starts a thread that maybe he'll want to come to Buffalo :rolleyes:

I'm sure it won't be long....But the main reason he left is because his family still resides in Tampa. He almost called it quits last year as well, but decided to give it another go. I don't see him taking another job any time soon, unless it's Tampa again.

As far is Indy is concerned, their front office and structure is so solid that I don't believe they are panicking at all over the announcement. They'll probably hire from within and ride Payton for as long as they can. I actually didn't think they were that good of a team this year, I think this may have been Dungy's most impressive year as a coach.

'Twas a fine run for Coach Dungy. Now we'll get to have the question answered "Can everybody win with Peyton Manning as QB?"

I love Manning but what has he really won? On their Super Bowl run, he threw 3 tds and 7 ints. He's pretty much been anti-clutch in college and the pros.

Jesus. With the state of our team, does a record with the Colts of 92-33 not look unreal to some of you? I look at that and flat at marvel at how good they have had it under Dungy.

And now back to reality......... :wallbash:

He also doesn't scream so it is obvious he doesn't care about winning.

Your not so subtle attempt at sticking it to the Dick Jauron haters is laughable. Jauron is an idiot. There's a very good reason why Bills fans have unmercifully mocked this player friendly coaching trait. It's because being liked by the players was clearly one of the reasons he was kept on as head coach. It certainly wasn't because of his performance which is what we base our opinions of the players. The Bills lost 8 of their last 10 games and it CERTAINLY DID NOT look like their coach cared.

Dungy proved he was a very good head coach in Tampa winning 4 out of the 6 years he was there. Teaming him with Polian and Manning gave him an almost unbeatable combination were it not for the Patriots. The only thing that Dick has proven is that he sucks as a head coach.

Let's get freaking real here.

Middleton's hit against Cowart termed 'unethical' by Bills

Tampa Bay head coach Tony Dungy disagreed. Cowart was blitzing on the play and when Middleton went to cut him, Cowart shifted direction to follow Bucs quarterback Shaun King, Dungy said.

Replays showed that Cowart was at the line of scrimmage when he was hit by Middleton, nowhere near King who was scrambling 10 yards deep in the backfield before he threw the ball away.

Dungy stood by what he saw.

"After looking at the tape I don't feel like our guy did anything illegal or not in the framework of our rules," he said.

==============================

!@#$ Tony Dungy. :wallbash:

Maybe the Colts will trade us two 7th rounders to get Jauron as their coach. He's another player's coach who has familiarity with the Cover 2. It'll be like when Tampa Bay replaced Dungy with Gruden and traded 2 first rounders to do so.

I'll give indy a 3rd if they'll take Jauron.

He also doesn't scream so it is obvious he doesn't care about winning.

I was just about to make the point that " Jauron is exactly like Dungy" when I saw these posts. Inspired posts, they were. If we had Manning, we'd be winning like crazy, too. Players win games, not coaches.

Middleton's hit against Cowart termed 'unethical' by Bills

Tampa Bay head coach Tony Dungy disagreed. Cowart was blitzing on the play and when Middleton went to cut him, Cowart shifted direction to follow Bucs quarterback Shaun King, Dungy said.

Replays showed that Cowart was at the line of scrimmage when he was hit by Middleton, nowhere near King who was scrambling 10 yards deep in the backfield before he threw the ball away.

Dungy stood by what he saw.

"After looking at the tape I don't feel like our guy did anything illegal or not in the framework of our rules," he said.

==============================

!@#$ Tony Dungy. :beer:

It was a cheap shot- by Dungy did the right thing by publicly sticking with his guy- I know fans tend to like anarchy and controversy, but there is a reason that people like Tony Dungy are better than those type of people (not saying you are part of that crowd). That type of play is not typical of a Dungy coached team.

Bottom line is that Dungy will be in enshrined in Canton in a few years