Time Warner Hikes

living in the washington area, one of the things i will continually be pissed about is comcast cable. i've dealt with everything imaginable with them.

but this is one of the cases where i can say thank god i don't have a worse service...that is time warner.

look at this stuff...i cant believe the rates are that high to begin with.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/540561.html

living in the washington area, one of the things i will continually be pissed about is comcast cable. i've dealt with everything imaginable with them.

but this is one of the cases where i can say thank god i don't have a worse service...that is time warner.

look at this stuff...i cant believe the rates are that high to begin with.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/540561.html

For the life of me, I just don't understand why people don't just get Direct TV. I've never had bad service from DTV, they have the most HD channels, and they have every sports package, with home and away feeds, and most in HD.

Ever since washing my hands clean of Comcast, my DTV has been great, and I've added internet service through Verizon FIOS, which doens't penalize you in you don't get their cable TV package along with the net service.

Couldn't be happier going on three years now with DTV and FIOS.

FIOS!!! :sick:

TW has to make up the revenue drop due to FIOS some how. Here, have a rate hike :ph34r:

I wanted to get FIOS, but it's not available in our area yet. My sister has it and it has good channel packages at good rates.

Three Reasons, I have currently have cable

Where I live, DTV dosen't have the locals in HD. Why buy a 52 in ch HDTV then have to phook up rabbit ears to watch local channels.

Cable provides ability to hook up extra TV's to service that I only use on an occasional basis. I have a TV in my garage, which use on occasion, really not worth paying an extra $5 fee as DTV charges, but do like to use it once in while

DTV charges pretty high mount for HD DVR's It takes many months (years) of service to get to a beak even point.

I had DTV in the past with SD service, I had two DVR's got the first one free, second was $100. A the time I calculated it wod take about ten months of service to break even compared to cable and was getting 100% digital where as cable was analog at the time. Their DVR's have come down quite a bit, see you can get the first one free now, 2nd one maybe around $200. If they get the locals in HD, likely would go back. But where I live, we're not even on the list of coming cities yet.

In March my new subscriber package with TWC expires. I likely will be calling them and threatening to go to DTV if they attempt to charge me the full price for package. If they won't give me a break I likely will go back to DTV and use an antenna as not going to pay like $30 more per month for service. Will see what happens?

And no FIOS either

For the life of me, I just don't understand why people don't just get Direct TV. I've never had bad service from DTV, they have the most HD channels, and they have every sports package, with home and away feeds, and most in HD.

Ever since washing my hands clean of Comcast, my DTV has been great, and I've added internet service through Verizon FIOS, which doens't penalize you in you don't get their cable TV package along with the net service.

Couldn't be happier going on three years now with DTV and FIOS.

Where I live, DTV dosen't have the locals in HD. Why buy a 52 in ch HDTV then have to phook up rabbit ears to watch local channels.

Cable provides ability to hook up extra TV's to service that I only use on an occasional basis. I have a TV in my garage, which use on occasion, really not worth paying an extra $5 fee as DTV charges, but do like to use it once in while

DTV charges pretty high mount for HD DVR's It takes many months (years) of service to get to a beak even point.

I had DTV in the past with SD service, I had two DVR's got the first one free, second was $100. A the time I calculated it wod take about ten months of service to break even compared to cable and was getting 100% digital where as cable was analog at the time. Their DVR's have come down quite a bit, see you can get the first one free now, 2nd one maybe around $200. If they get the locals in HD, likely would go back. But where I live, we're not even on the list of coming cities yet.

In March my new subscriber package with TWC expires. I likely will be calling them and threatening to go to DTV if they attempt to charge me the full price for package. If they won't give me a break I likely will go back to DTV and use an antenna as not going to pay like $30 more per month for service. Will see what happens?

And no FIOS either

Hi Ed,

Just an FYI...

I have DirecTV, we have had the locals in HD since August/September.

Yes, extra boxes are $4.95 extra a month for mirroring, but I believe if you add more than one, it's still $4.95.

I got my HD DVR last February for free, no up front charges.

No FIOS here in Greece either, I would like to trial it.

At the very least use the above info when your TWC expires, get the most for your money.

Jim

Hey Ed, thats not correct. I live in Rochester and have DTV. Local channels are now in HD. Also by Feb this year EVERYTHING needs to be a HD signal so thats one less thing for Time Warner to keep bringing up.

Also DTV just started carrying the MLB channel to go along with the NFL channel that Time Warner doesnt carry. Cheaper rates and better programming. Go figure...

And no FIOS either

And no FIOS either

If you can receive locals via OTA, that is your BEST option. The best picture & audio is OTA due to NO COMPRESSION of signal. For HD DVR with Direct TV you are looking at a TWO year commitment but you should be able to get a GREAT DEAL.

Hey Ed, thats not correct. I live in Rochester and have DTV. Local channels are now in HD. Also by Feb this year EVERYTHING needs to be a HD signal so thats one less thing for Time Warner to keep bringing up.

Also DTV just started carrying the MLB channel to go along with the NFL channel that Time Warner doesnt carry. Cheaper rates and better programming. Go figure...

WRONG.

In FEB., everything needs to broadcast in "digital". do not confuse digital with HD.