Is next year's schedule really a killer?

Mr. T

First off let me say that no one will really know how next's year schedule will be until about mid way through the schedule. Too many factors, injuries, free agent acquistions, draft etc.

But for those of you who are convinced it will be a killer for the Bills, I'm not so sure.

1st - Jets may continue their slide. More than likely no Farve. QB?

2nd - Dolphins could very well be this year's Cleveland Browns. Everything went right for them this year.

3rd - Patriots will still be the Patriots, but they continue to get old and this year's injuries began to show that.

4th - Tampa Bay could implode during the off season after their melt down this year.

5th - Houstan is like Forest Gumps box of chocolate, never know what ya gona get.

6th - Cleveland and KC are .......Cleveland and KC

7th - Jacksonville could be 12-4, 8-8, or 5-11

8th - Tennessee could be this year's Jacksonville

9th - Atlanta and Carolina, refer to Jacksonville

10th - Indy will always be tough, as long as Manning is playing, but what happened to Brady this year? Things happen.

11th - New Orleans I think will be really strong next year, as long as Brees stays healthy.

12th - Bills, well, we have Dick Jauron leading the way. Ahhhhh, o.k. anyway, Lynch, Edwards are entering their 3rd year together. Defense may finally enjoy a year with limited injuries. Key FA and draft pick ups could make a difference.

I know everything here is pure speculation, but so is saying next year's schedule is going to be brutal. Hey, one of my buddies is a Dolphins fan. (I live in Virginia, there are all kinds of football fans here) A year ago he watched his team go 1-15, this weekend he's watching them play in a playoff game.

The Bills could go 1-15 next year, but they could just as well go 11-5. I ain't predicting, I'm just hoping for the best.

First off let me say that no one will really know how next's year schedule will be until about mid way through the schedule. Too many factors, injuries, free agent acquistions, draft etc.

But for those of you who are convinced it will be a killer for the Bills, I'm not so sure.

2nd - Dolphins could very well be this year's Cleveland Browns. Everything went right for them this year.

3rd - Patriots will still be the Patriots, but they continue to get old and this year's injuries began to show that.

4th - Tampa Bay could implode during the off season after their melt down this year.

5th - Houstan is like Forest Gumps box of chocolate, never know what ya gona get.

10th - Indy will always be tough, as long as Manning is playing, but what happened to Brady this year? Things happen.

11th - New Orleans I think will be really strong next year, as long as Brees stays healthy.

12th - Bills, well, we have Dick Jauron leading the way. Ahhhhh, o.k. anyway, Lynch, Edwards are entering their 3rd year together. Defense may finally enjoy a year with limited injuries. Key FA and draft pick ups could make a difference.

I know everything here is pure speculation, but so is saying next year's schedule is going to be brutal. Hey, one of my buddies is a Dolphins fan. (I live in Virginia, there are all kinds of football fans here) A year ago he watched his team go 1-15, this weekend he's watching them play in a playoff game.

The Bills could go 1-15 next year, but they could just as well go 11-5. I ain't predicting, I'm just hoping for the best.

Put Your money on 7-9...

It's a REAL safe bet... :worthy:

True...plus didnt everyone say our schedule this year was gonna be a cake walk to further your point...

But it's safe to say the team will have to over-achieve big time to go 8-8....which in the end, is another 'wait til next year' result.

But it's safe to say the team will have to over-achieve big time to go 8-8....which in the end, is another 'wait til next year' result.

Just remember - the rest of the division has the same tough schedule or a little harder. We don't have to play the Steelers/Ravens or Chargers/Broncos - Miami/New England do.

Our schedule was easy this year - but so were NE, MIA, and NJ's schedules. The AFC East isn't as good as the records looked for any of them.

9-7 could win the division next year.

The real issue is can Buffalo get enough divisional wins (4?) to be that 9-7 team with the tie-breakers.

I say if they get a (major) upgrade at center to keep those AFC East NT's off of Lynch and Edwards they can - even with DJ at the helm.

9-7 could win the division next year.

The real issue is can Buffalo get enough divisional wins (4?) to be that 9-7 team with the tie-breakers.

If the Jests get a decent QB to replace St. Brett, the Bills will still go no better than 2-4 in the division, IMO. The team was manhandled on both sides of the LOS by all three opponents this year, and only injuries are likely to prevent that from happening again next year....

The team was manhandled on both sides of the LOS by all three opponents this year, and only injuries are likely to prevent that from happening again next year....

That simply wasn't true from what I saw.

The second Jets game, it was the Bills who were shoving the Jets around.

I don't really recall the Dolphins dominating in the trenches. Didn't we outgain them in the first game in Miami?

JP "padding my resume" (with chicken-poo) Losman didn't help much in two of the games - he was bad even when he had time.

One key will be getting Peters in camp - hopefully they do quickly.

Every team on that list cant beat the Bills........

Cleveland beat us, KC hung 30 plus on us, good thing the offense showed that day. Other then that, I dont see any sure fire wins..

Can't disagree here. If there aren't any major personnel changes next year on this team, we are looking at 0-16 right in the face. The Bills are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league (overall). They've always held a rung on the ladder of laughing stocks but we are quickly taking 1st place overall. Detroit can only get better and we have actually taken a step backwards and this years playoffs haven't even started.

We just might be setting ourselves up for the Bradford/Tebow Lottery.

Can't disagree here. If there aren't any major personnel changes next year on this team, we are looking at 0-16 right in the face. The Bills are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the league (overall). They've always held a rung on the ladder of laughing stocks but we are quickly taking 1st place overall. Detroit can only get better and we have actually taken a step backwards and this years playoffs haven't even started.

We just might be setting ourselves up for the Bradford/Tebow Lottery.

just like Manning / Leaf

with our crackerjack talent evalautors- we will end up the Leaf of the 2

That's it. That's all we need to know. Everything else is moot.

As for the rest of everything you posted, some teams will decline, others will rise, but the Bills will still be stuck with Kotite Jauron.

It's almost impossible to know. Look at htis seasons schedule back in August. Who wasn't worried about starting off with Seattle, Jax, Chargers, going to Az, even St Louis scared people some. So from year to year much does change. Some teams who are expected to do well won't and other's will surprise. (see this years Atlanta)

It was, we just blew it.

Even one of the players (in some Buff News article) said that 7-9 was the worse they could have been this season. So if they play up to Jauron standards you can expect 3-13 next season.