BREAKING NEWS: Jauron to be retained

If Wilson says he is going to solve the problem of our offensive game management with continuity in his staff, there's no way he's firing Turk.

See, I keep re-reading his quote. Does he mean that the game management is offensive? Or that the offensive game management is offensive? I'm not sure...

(The fact that both are true is further evidence of this organization's suckitude).

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO...they were Turk's calls. The same for the throws at the goal line instead of running. Dick is too gracious to allow Turk to take the fall for his stupidity. Dick is too gracious to allow a player to ever take the fall for his stupidity. That's why he's so well liked. He'll fall on his sword for you and won't demand anything from you.

Dick The Gracious NFL Head Coach

Ya know... I was thinking this during some of those press conferences. Kinda like Dick knew his job was safe, so he took the heat for his staff in some grand gesture. In the end, .. oh who the hell cares.... :thumbsup:

People who renew their seasons after this - bigger f/aggots.

I'd rather have the team move.

Makes me wonder if that's maybe what he's trying to accomplish. RW: "Look Roger the fans have bailed on me, now I have to move". Wouldn't be surprised.

Bottom line is the head coach is responsible. You don't let a coordinator continue to f*** up game after game after game and just sit there and do nothing. It is 99.6% Jauron's fault.

This is the point that trumps the "Dick is a good guy/won't "throw people under the bus"(god I am getting sick of that saying)".

There are soooo many people who think that "supporting their people" rises above all priorities, even getting results, and it crushes them in the end, every time. I have had to learn this the hard way. There's a time for loyalty but it should never take on a higher priority than accountability. Clearly, it's time for Jauron to focus on the latter.

Also, how do we know that this isn't a "you can stay, but Fewell and Schonert have to go....Mularkey/Jauron quits 3 days later" scenario?

I almost guarantee there is more to come....

And it's gonna get worse because you know what comes next.....

The Bills will announced their new 09 ticket prices.

I'll have to ask if the higher prices include brown paper bag to wear to the game. :thumbsup:

We could break the "most posters at one time" record, what with a lot of people off tomorrow, the amount of beer most of us are going to drink as result of this...

yep, it's gonna be a gong show around here. :thumbsup:

I'll have to ask if the higher prices include brown paper bag to wear to the game. :thumbsup:

You really intending on buying more tickets with what you now know?

Makes me wonder if that's maybe what he's trying to accomplish. RW: "Look Roger the fans have bailed on me, now I have to move". Wouldn't be surprised.

It looks like that's what he's trying to set up, alright. Of course, you'd have to be a complete fu**in' idiot to actually buy that load of crap after all of this.

Also, how do we know that this isn't a "you can stay, but Fewell and Schonert have to go....Mularkey/Jauron quits 3 days later" scenario?

I almost guarantee there is more to come....

I doubt it. Wilson doesn't make that "statement" without exacting Jaron's assent to the firing of the entire offensive staff. Jauron gave up Turk et al to keep his job. Not sure how I feel about that.

I don't live in Buffalo, so tickets are not a concern of mine. But I am now wondering what I'll do with the $200+ I'll be saving after I cancel my NFL Ticket.

"Though citing the dissatisfaction of the team's fans over a third consecutive 7-9 season, Wilson elected to retain Jauron and the entire coaching staff, believing the team is "better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul."

-ESPN

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

WHAT A CIRCUS....i'm never attending another Bills game until Ralph dies.

Not really a shock...I do believe they fire Turk though, which is still a step in the right direction because he was a joke...

Maybe next year when DJ has another losing season we fire him and bring in Cowher who will be ready to coach again then.

You know, I thought the same thing, maybe we could get Kelly and his group to pull the trigger, offer Cowher some

minority ownership interest in the team to sweeten the deal, and full control, gotta love the chin.Go Bills! I am all for trying

anything to kill the pain.

"Though citing the dissatisfaction of the team's fans over a third consecutive 7-9 season, Wilson elected to retain Jauron and the entire coaching staff, believing the team is "better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul."

-ESPN

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

WHAT A CIRCUS....i'm never attending another Bills game until Ralph dies.

Of course you will. Why the hell would you have been inspired to attend a game this season after 8 losing seasons?

Jauron being retained is really not a big surprise unfortunately. From what I have read, it sounds like Ralph's plan was to retain Jauron, but require a major shake-up in his coaching staff. The feeling was that Jauron would resist making these required moves and possibly quit.

I am purely speculating here (because I do not have the inside sources like Scooby), but I see Schonert and many of his O-assistants gone tomorrow. They may even release Fewell but I doubt it. If the release of Schonert or other offensive assistants did not happen, I would be very surprised.

Again, purely speculation but from past history, this seems to be how Ralph operates, especially in light of the fact that Jauron appeared to have renewed his coaching contract earlier in the season and if Wilson fires him at this point, he is on the hook to pay the guy.