Favorite Sandwich/Sub?

Justice

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? Pat's, Gino's, Tony luke's or Rick's in the Reading Terminal Market. I like mine provolone, extra wit!!!

I prefer Allentown cheese steaks. Give me a Brass Rail cheesesteak over Pats, Gino's, Jimmys, Mike Schmidts, etc!

Violas steak and cheese (make mine a double) from Niagara Falls...Elmwood location is still the best, IMO.

They don't take credit card. :( I tried going there with my wife last time we were there, but we had no cash. :(

I love the Kansas City from Nelson's Cheese Factory in St. Paul, MN.

http://site.mawebcenters.com/nelsoncheesef...boxedlunch.html

Ham sub from Mike's in Kenmore, on a toasted bun, still does it for me...haven't had one in years, but I can taste them in my dreams...

For now though, the Italian Night Club sandwich from Jimmy Johns (french bread!) ain't too bad etihter!

The classic number 9, same here on that one, with a little extra o&v

i like the buffalo bills sh*t sandwich, they serve it up on a regular basis at the ralph. it was particularly good today.

:sick: That really is a great sando isn't it? I get mine delivered all the way to Colorado each Sunday!

On topic: The Rocky IV sub from Rigoli's in Jimmytown (capicola, genoa salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, olives, pepperoncinis, mozzerella). The place burned down, but I'm sure Tom Cat, WVU and others from Jamestown will agree any sub from there was fantastic.

I've got two favs. I love the pastrami sandwich from Katz in New York. Sure, it'll run ya about $20 bucks, but it's worth it. My second favorite sub is the steak hoagy at Jim's SteakOut in Buffalo of course! I owned a convenience store called Allentown Food Shoppe next to the original Jim's before Jim expanded that location and converted my store into one whole restaurant. I then moved my store further down on Elmwood Ave right across from the Towne Greek restaurant where the store still stands to this day with a new owner.

John and Marys ham sub...oil &very light mayo...

Corned beef on rye from Carnegy Deli or Stage Deli in NYC - with a little spicy mustard for good measure. A pickle on the side is a must. They cost an arm and a leg but they’re huge and are worth the price (well, once in a while.)

Also, surprisingly Panera Bread has some pretty tasty sandwiches for a chain restaurant. It's the only fast food place I can stomach. Their soups are pretty good too.