McKelvin's a Bust

Gene Frenkle

Also, Eric Moulds is a bust, and Kelly should be benched for Reich.

Hindsight is 20/20. Any other premature overreactions I'm missing?

Fun game today! :devil:

As I stated before, I like Trent a lot.

But dude, it's only 1 game.

I will overreact until they make the playoffs!.....This year! :flirt:

Porter was having a nice year till he got hurt.......

lol i don't care. after 3 games mckelvin was labeled a complete and total bust, and porter was a sure fire HOFer. now, mckelvin has TDs in consecutive games and porter is on the IR. like i said, he can suck it.

whoever calls a rookie a bust is an idiot. You can't judge a draft pick a bust in his first season. If they develop and do great their first year, awesome. But wait until the second and third years to really see.

Agreed...there are a number of idiots here! :devil:

Edwards wasn't great other than his 2 scrambles - those were nice. But he still held the ball to long and continuously checked down to his TE or RB. Guys were wide open all day.

Plus, he played against a 1-9 team that may go down in NFL history with the least amount of sacks.

Nothing to celebrate yet.

Also, Eric Moulds is a bust, and Kelly should be benched for Reich.

Hindsight is 20/20. Any other premature overreactions I'm missing?

Fun game today! :devil:

It's a never ending cycle of douchery around here. Way to keep the train rolling.

While McKelvin did impress, I still am not sold on Edwards. And you can't say you don't understand why people had problems with both players before. For McKelvin, it looks like someone just flipped a switch in him last week and now he's all over the place.

For Edwards, he has a lot to prove in order to make up for those 4 losses. Play like that will never be good enough for an team

McKelvim has made more big plays in the past two games than whitner has made in his career.

Whitner-career INTs - 2

McKelvin-INTs vs KC- 2

Whitner- career TDs - 0

McKelvin -TDs last 2 games- 2

They play a different position and have an entirely different role.

McKelvim has made more big plays in the past two games than whitner has made in his career.

Whitner-career INTs - 2

McKelvin-INTs vs KC- 2

Whitner- career TDs - 0

McKelvin -TDs last 2 games- 2

Yea if you understood football you might see different??

Two things:

Did you notice without Whitner out there...KC was able to beat our two deep zone like it was nothing??

McKelvin is going to be tested week in and out from here on....He'll have his chances for INT's, if he becomes shutdown....which i think he will....those INT chances are going to become fewer and fewer

While McKelvin did impress, I still am not sold on Edwards. And you can't say you don't understand why people had problems with both players before. For McKelvin, it looks like someone just flipped a switch in him last week and now he's all over the place.

For Edwards, he has a lot to prove in order to make up for those 4 losses. Play like that will never be good enough for an team

This is what I don't get. The kid came in, at possibly the second hardest position to master, in the NFL, barely played, and, after 8 games, many Bills fans, and at least one national guy, were labeling him a bust! How long have any of you been watching this game? The Bills weren't the only team to believe that McKelvin was far and away the best DB in this past draft...let the kid play a litte, before labeling him a bust.

agree with you buftex, he was hard to watch for a while though. I hope he can keep up his level of play in the coming weeks. Except a couple of very visable big plays in the last few games he really was doing good anyway though ( I accept he is a rookie, I still like Corner too, he has some pretty good upside, as well ).

One thing about his return ability, he has really improved, but he really has had a penchant since preseason for getting tackled by the last man to beat, the kicker. I wonder if he should be turning it out side a little sooner, when he finds some room.

In any case it is nice to see him stepping up.

Trent did good today and I do think he was clearly rattled the last few weeks. I hope he also gets better as we go on.

Edwards wasn't great other than his 2 scrambles - those were nice. But he still held the ball to long and continuously checked down to his TE or RB. Guys were wide open all day.

Plus, he played against a 1-9 team that may go down in NFL history with the least amount of sacks.

Nothing to celebrate yet.

So Evans and Reed's combined 10 receptions and 160 yards were the result of Edwards checking down to his TE or RB?

They play a different position and have an entirely different role.

Yep. And cover two strong safeties are supposed to the be the playmakers for their teams...Brown in Chicago a few years back, Sanders in Indy...Whitner struggles in that department. Nothing wrong with being an adequate safety...but when you're taken 8th overall and make 6 million a year on average, a few plays once in a while would be nice.

So Evans and Reed's combined 10 receptions and 160 yards were the result of Edwards checking down to his TE or RB?

Trents' performance the last few weeks has put blood in the water for the sharks. It is deserved to a degree, even the most ardent supporters of Edwards have to admit he wasn't playing well. But, (and I am not comparing the two guys) did anyone watch the Colts/Chargers game tonight? Madden pointed out on at least two occaisions that Manning had better, open options than the guy he threw to. One time, in the red zone, he had Reggie Wayne wide open in the middle of the endzone, but chucked the ball off to a back coming out of the backfield (Rhodes I think) for a short gain on the sideline. It doesn't mean that Manning is a bad QB, or overrated, just that, perhaps, sometimes, what it is so easy for us to see, isn't as easy to see for a QB under duress. The younger the QB, I imagine, the more durress he feels.