Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

Number One Bills Fan you are not living up to your name. You are one of the most bandwagon fans I've seen in any sport. A couple weeks ago, you were "praising" Jauron's coaching, saying he "listened" to your posts on this board from last year. You talked about how the Chargers game was a "bellweather" game, how the bills reminded you of the 1988 team, of how the winning era was back.

Yeah, we lost 4 of 5, but because of that all hell has broken loose? Get a hold of yourself man. It is not the end of the world. It ain't over til we lose 6 games, so chill out AT LEAST until then. I'm sick of all this bitching and moaning.

I always hear how bills fans are the greatest on earth. We surely aren't acting like it.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny, I though Edwards looked a lot like Losman in Sunday's game.

evrything exept the deep ball which allows the defense to cheat against the run and play shallow/medium zones

wtf interceptions check

throws above, below, behind receivers check

indicisiveness leading to sacks check

deep ball threat to 83 or 11 missing

that being said- the team has made it's bed with Trent- he has to stay in there and play through this

i wish jp luck on his next team but he is done here- actually i wonder if his stock rises a bit with every game trent struggles- maybe it is a little more of the team and a little less of the qb

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

A bit dramatic this morning?

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

Whatever.

PTR

Tell me these last three AFC East divisional games doesn't give you pause and at least think about benching this guy. There needs to be a consequence for playing that badly against the division.

Would you at least be consistent enough to place more fault with Lynch or is the only player making at least something happen the one to be at fault.

Do you honestly think, after watching JP play, that he would be better? I remember clearly when he would have 150 yards and that was tolerable to us. 150 with Trent makes us cringe. That tells us he's just a little better. JP just wasn't good. Let's compare Year 2 when JP averaged 148 yards per game (never came out because of injury so those are full games) and look at the average of Trent when he plays the whole game this year, which is over 200 yards. JP was 1-7 Trent is 5-4.

Hold on it gets better, in JP's first 7 games he never broke 200 yards with Moulds and Evans. Do you want to compare Moulds and Evans to Parrish and Evans?

It gets even crazier, JP only had 36 yards passing with the Falcons and 67 yards against the Saints.

That's just 2005. Do you want to go over 2007? JP had 72 yards against the Broncos, 121 yards game 2, and 83 yards in game 3. Maybe you forgot how bad he was?

You are a moron if you forgot how bad Losman was. Theteam averaged over 100 yards rushing those games and he still blew goats. I've watched every game Trent and JP played. They are not close. I'll take Trent's bad games to JP's decent games.

Let's let Peters go as well and tell ML / Lee Evans thanks but no thanks, we need to cut you all.

Let's nuke Orchard park as well, no reason to take any chances.

/ retarded ideas.

Hey Skooby what happened to you portrait?

Kemp for President 2012

& another brilliant post by 1billsfan. He has had other brilliant posts before from the time he said he would not trade Fred Jackson straight up for Larry Fitzgerald to other beauties like the Bills front office are racist & only give big contracts to white guys & would never sign Lee Evans to an extension because of this. I salute you. Your Legend continues.

Would you at least be consistent enough to place more fault with Lynch or is the only player making at least something happen the one to be at fault.

Do you honestly think, after watching JP play, that he would be better? I remember clearly when he would have 150 yards and that was tolerable to us. 150 with Trent makes us cringe. That tells us he's just a little better. JP just wasn't good. Let's compare Year 2 when JP averaged 148 yards per game (never came out because of injury so those are full games) and look at the average of Trent when he plays the whole game this year, which is over 200 yards. JP was 1-7 Trent is 5-4.

Hold on it gets better, in JP's first 7 games he never broke 200 yards with Moulds and Evans. Do you want to compare Moulds and Evans to Parrish and Evans?

It gets even crazier, JP only had 36 yards passing with the Falcons and 67 yards against the Saints.

That's just 2005. Do you want to go over 2007? JP had 72 yards against the Broncos, 121 yards game 2, and 83 yards in game 3. Maybe you forgot how bad he was? You are a moron if you forgot how bad Losman was. Theteam averaged over 100 yards rushing those games and he still blew goats. I've watched every game Trent and JP played. They are not close. I'll take Trent's bad games to JP's decent games.

I agree with you that JP isnt the right answer but you have your numbers wrong

97 against denver

cant remember Pitt right now

but he threw all of one pass against the pats for about 4 yards.

Dont just make stuff up

Guest dog14787
Calling for a change of starting QB is as stupid now, as it was when Losman was struggling. This team has bigger issues than QB play, and has for a quite a few years. Let's try not screwing up another QB, for once. Hell, I think just about any QB would look bad on this team, right now.

That isn't to say that Trent played well, he did not. I may have gone to the bench in the 4th Q, simply because Trent looked rattled and was making poor decisions. I'm a believer of using the #2 (or #3) QB, from time-to-time. I don't think it should be a threat to the #1's position on the depth chart, as long as it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

I agree, the offense itself is not working and as much as I would like to keep blaming it all on the O-line, it just can't be all the O-lines fault. :thumbsup:

I agree with you that JP isnt the right answer but you have your numbers wrong

97 against denver

cant remember Pitt right now

but he threw all of one pass against the pats for about 4 yards.

Dont just make stuff up

Does it really matter what teams he did this against? Losman has thrown for under 100yrds 8 times in 31 starts & has thrown for under 200yrds 23 times in 31 starts. Everybody critizised Edwards last week(& some of it was justified) but when it was all said & done he still threw for 280yrds or I will put it in another way more yards then losman has thrown for in a game in 28 of his 31 starts.

Edwards, is struggling & needs to improve but lets not kid ourselves that there is even a chance that Losman could save this offense. That trainwreck pulled out along time ago.

[/b]

I agree, the offense itself is not working and as much as I would like to keep blaming it all on the O-line, it just can't be all the O-lines fault. :thumbsup:

It isn't all the fault of the OL, though that has been a contributor. The biggest reason, I believe, is the loss of Josh Reed. Edwards' struggles began when Reed got hurt. Reed isn't great by any stretch, but he gives them a reliable weapon opposite Lee Evans. Without him in there, they're down to one reliable receiving threat and as good as Evans is, defenses can still take him out of the game with double coverage. None of the rest are good enough to pick up the slack. Parrish isn't half bad, but Royal makes at least one bad play for every good one and James Hardy is nowhere to be found.

Their struggles should surprise no one. The Bills have finished 25th or worse five straight years in total yardage, including back to back 30th place finishes the last two seasons. What did they do this offseason to improve? They slapped a bandaid on the problem with a 2nd round WR and ignored their problems at TE and along the OL. Now, predictably, its coming back to bite them in the ass. After a fast start, defenses are exploiting the same weaknesses in the Bills offense that have existed for years.

The Bills need to significantly improve the middle of their OL this offseason, find a quality TE, add some depth at both and decide whether they want to add another young WR to push Hardy and Reed for the #2 role. In any event, this offense needs to improve significantly or else this team probably won't break out of the 6-8 win range of the last couple of years.

When will people realize that football games are won/lost in the trenches. The past 3 games that we have lost was due to poor play by the offensive and defensive lines. It's not the QB/RB/WR's. It's the lines they are terrible. When your center is knocked 2-3 steps backwards on every play there is a problem. Line play starts in the middle and then outwards. When the Center is getting knocked around like a little girl it causes other players to try and help out. This then causes a chain reaction throughout the whole line and a breakdown of the offensive line. On running plays the Bills line needs to give Marshawn 3 yards of blocking. Marshawn can get 2-3 yards more on his own.

On the defensive line teams are doubling up on Stroud and Kyle Williams because the DE's cannot beat one on one match-ups. Since they cannot get good pass rush with 4 guys the Bills are forced to send LB's into the mix. If the offense sees the blitz coming they audible into quick slants because there is one less guy in the middle to worry about.

Throw in some conservative play it safe play calling and you will see losses.

It's not rocket science.

Some of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my entire life. Sure, put Losman in. Wreck Edwards for the rest of his career and toss the season down the toilet, flush it and finish 5-11. Edwards is only 25. He has started less than 20 games in his career. He hit a two and a half game rough spot. His confidence is down but let's bench him! Is it all his fault? No. Are the next four games winnable? Maybe, if the ENTIRE team gets things straightened out. The coaching staff needs to get it's act together before anything else. I have never watched a more boring game than yesterday. I have never seen a team more unable or unwilling to adjust during a game. Look at it realistically for a change. Cleveland, Kansas City, San Francisco and another shot at Miami. If they get their sh** together and show up, get the OL- especially Peters- going which will get the running game going and therefore get Edwards going again they could be 9-4 heading into the Jets game. The biggest problem, For the love of Christ, is they never throw it more than 20 yards. If Edwards is throwing picks anyways, air the thing out a couple times. Spread the D. If the D knows they aren't going deep, they can play 9 guys up and just blitz the daylights out of us and really hammer the running game as well. If I can see it, why can't the coaches?