2008-9 Syracuse University Basketball Thread

bills44

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for the ages...it's unfortunate there couldn't be a buzzer beater to cap this thing off.

Hats off to Cuse...the mental strain of trailing throughout 5 OTs had to be ridiculous. Hopefully they have the gas to go again tomorrow.

As for UConn, this actually might work out better in their favor. I'd say they have the #1 seed locked up and after such a marathon tonight, perhaps a few days rest will be more valuable than playing again in less than 20 hours.

Now the big question is - will 'Cuse have any gas for tomorrow night?

Break out the Red Bull!

They proved all they needed to prove IMO. Odds are against them tomorrow but they should end up with a 4 seed in the NCAA's even if they don't win.

it was the right call to make....awesome shot by devo though

...and for the record, I did not like it, but OT WAS justified.

Without replay, it would have been over.

Un - freaking - believable game!

good night all.

They proved all they needed to prove IMO. Odds are against them tomorrow but they should end up with a 4 seed in the NCAA's even if they don't win.

Aren't we due for a garbage plate?

To be honest, I do not watch much college ball (or basketball) except for the Big East and March Madness, but this was fun!

love him or hate him, i personally am on the 'love him' side, Devo played really well this morning as well....i think the kid just loves to play basketball and is committed to winning...sometimes it comes across as cocky, but his enthusiasm shows when he is on the bench cheering on his team, he is often times the biggest cheerleader on the bench and the floor....still amazed at how flynn played...he may have played himself into the lottery last nite..........................

Unbelievable game last night. The amazing thing is they had pretty much everybody fouled out towards the end. I do not see how we could beat WV tonight but U really do not care. They cemented no worse then a 4 seed with this performance last night. If they somehow win tonight I could see them getting a 3 seed. I got to be totally honest, I would not be totally disappointed if they lost tonight. Next week is what I am concerned about. I think this team has the makings of a real nice run in the tournament.

That game, more than anything else, showed Syracuse's heart and toughness. Boeheim made a good comment after the game-- our Bigs were gone and UConn's were still in the game for the first few OT's, and we still hung with them. And to come from 6 down in OT No. 3 (or was it OT No. 4??) was unreal.

I thought Harris, even though he inexplicably missed a bunch of easy shots near the rim, was really key for us in those OT's. He hit every free throw (when have you ever seen that?), and probably had just about every rebound after AO and Jackson fouled out.

Too bad though that the refs overruled Devo's GW at the end of regulation; I thought it was too close for them to overturn, but whatever.

Unbelievable game. Well worth getting about 4 1/2 hours of sleep for. Jonny Flynn played 67 minutes last night. 67. Only sat out 3 minutes the entire game, and if he would've sat out any more the outcome may have been different because without his leadership, heart, and toughness I don't think they play more than one or two overtimes last night. That is a special kid, and he may have put himself on the verge of being a lottery pick with a performance like that. Would have liked to see him drive to the hole and look to create at the end of that 2nd OT instead of settling for a long jumpshot, but that would really be nitpicking on my part. Not to take away from the other guys, because Harris, Devendorf, Rautins, Jackson, etc all played their asses off, but last night came down to Flynn's leadership and the ability to put his teammates in better position to make plays the ENTIRE game. All in all probably the best college basketball game I've ever watched start to finish.

I think 'Cuse has a 4 seed locked up. Win tonight and I think they could climb to a 3. Win the whole f'n thing and they would be at least a 3, maybe a 2.

But what would be left in the tank? Let's say they're a 3 seed and would face a team like Cleveland State...and I hate even the thought of even traveling out west somewhere.

I guess that's why they call it "Madness."

I think 'Cuse has a 4 seed locked up. Win tonight and I think they could climb to a 3. Win the whole f'n thing and they would be at least a 3, maybe a 2.

But what would be left in the tank? Let's say they're a 3 seed and would face a team like Cleveland State...and I hate even the thought of even traveling out west somewhere.

I guess that's why they call it "Madness."

I think that the NCAA said that, due to economic factors, they'd try to keep teams as close as their geographical areas as possible (without creating an unfair advantage).

I can't see a team like Cleveland State getting a 14 seed. Their RPI is pretty solid.

I think that the NCAA said that, due to economic factors, they'd try to keep teams as close as their geographical areas as possible (without creating an unfair advantage).

I can't see a team like Cleveland State getting a 14 seed. Their RPI is pretty solid.

Ugh--that would be harsh to have to play a team like C. State as a #3.

I agree that we are a #4 at this point, which is fine by me.

Probably my favorite athlete on the planet at this point. What a likeable team, even with Eminem.

I'm still partial to Robert Royal. Flynn is up there, though.

From the standpoint of opposing fans, Devo has to be the most hated SU player in a long time.