2008-9 Syracuse University Basketball Thread

bills44

That was some interesting drama. I like Bilas a lot but have no clue what he was watching. All AO did was scream and not in the guy's face after a block (who doesn't do that?) and the SH player starts jawing; not sure how SU instigated that.

I agree that Devo acted reasonably during the scrum; he's got a reputation that hurts him with some calls, which is largely his own fault. I could tolerate his antics more if he was half as good at basketball as he thinks he is. He's not.

Uhhh...AO starting clapping right in the guys face and was even walking into him. I thought the other guy overreacted, but AO was not innocent by any stretch.

Agree about Devo. He has a ratio of about 2 good plays for every stupid one. Needs to be at least 5:1 with his reputation. I appreciate it when he's 'on' but I'm ready to see him go. He'll probably wear out his welcome in Europe and will be stealing cars or slinging rock in 10 years after he's pissed his money away...and he'll likely wonder what went wrong. :rolleyes:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh...AO starting clapping right in the guys face and was even walking into him. I thought the other guy overreacted, but AO was not innocent by any stretch.

Agree about Devo. He has a ratio of about 2 good plays for every stupid one. Needs to be at least 5:1 with his reputation. I appreciate it when he's 'on' but I'm ready to see him go. He'll probably wear out his welcome in Europe and will be stealing cars or slinging rock in 10 years after he's pissed his money away...and he'll likely wonder what went wrong. :lol:

Yeah, he probably will be doing one of those two things ten years from now. Throw in serving a term in some state penitentiary and it just HAS to be one of those three things. Should start taking bets on it. One of the three. I'm gonna give the kid the benefit of the doubt and say that he'll be working at some Fuccillo dealership in the Syracuse area....He may actually need to push some crack on the side to pay off the 200-Series Mercedes he bought in Europe when he thought he was cashing in, so can i pick two out of the three? :rolleyes:

Garcia was yelling at AO after the blocked shot, hence the childish clapping.

Garcia is a hothead -- he got into a scrap earlier this year as well.

Haha...ED just shoved Adrian to the floor on the fast break. What a douche he is.

I can't believe they let that go.

PS - Even as a depressed ND fan, this has been a very enjoyable BE tourney. Such great games every year and this year is no exception!!

they are not....there are some good no calls, and thabeet is playing very tough....syracuse could have won this game going away if we were smart and could have hit free throws

Syracuse is getting jobbed.

Thabeet is getting away with murder.

both teams could have had this game already.....but holy hell, what a game....could you ask for more????

AJ Price is trying to give this !@#$ game away. Dude is ice cold and Calhoun keeps him in.

Our inability to make FTs is going to kill us in the tourney, mark my words.

AJ Price is trying to give this !@#$ game away. Dude is ice cold and Calhoun keeps him in.

Our inability to make FTs is going to kill us in the tourney, mark my words.

Christ... double OT.

Regardless of whether UConn pulls this out, I'm strongly leaning towards picking UL to go the deepest of the BE's "Big 3." As Pitt proved tonight (and a few other times this year) they drop from a top 5 team to a top 25 team when Blair is off/in foul trouble and I have serious reservations about riding the Conn with their FTs and Dyson loss.

And again, what a great game this is...probably frustrating to both Cuse and Conn fans alike, but to a neutral observer, very entertaining.