A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) WTF was Jauron thinking when he challenged the reception? There was no chance of the play being overturned, and that was our last timeout.

2) I am not going to start a poll, but how many of you are getting an upset stomach watching Kyle Williams get his ass beat?

3) This might make no sense, but Mckelvin looks bad even when his reurns result in decent yardage. I know that he is young and I am grasping at straws, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to see some production of Jauron's little prodigy. Maybe it's me.

4) Over the years, I have made some not so strong attempts to defend Kelsay. I am here to say that I am sorry about that. He is small, weak and now he is even slow. He isn't good at any phase of his position.

5) Dockery looked like a very average Guard today. Maybe that's what he is, average. Preston was a disgrace. Whittle? At the end of the game I wasn't sure if he was laying there hurt, or he passed out in shock because someone mentioned the possibility of successfully blocking his opponent.

6) When you are outcoached by Mangini (who is a freaking nitwit), you are either second rate, or having a very bad day. You be the judge. In the credit where it's due department, I bet that Jauron looks better at shaking the winning coaches hands than any other head coach in the NFL. He sure has enough practice.

7) No excuses for the picks by Trent. On the first one, they absolutely had to come away with points. On the last one, it was a dumb time to go to Hardy.

8) Jauron will win you some games with his bend but don't break b.s., but chalk up this loss to the Jauron philosophy. Non-impact 1st round defensive backs, and weak lines.

9) Back to Kelsay.....Denney and Kelsay were just so bad today that it hardly mattered at all that they were on the field. There was no chance of them containing their sides. I swear, after one particular play it looked like K. Williams was getting pissed, and he is so-so at best. Good God! :wallbash:

10) OK, the running backs coach needs to teach these guys to hold onto screen passes that are right in their f :thumbdown: ing hands. I mean seriously, wtf is going on with this? :lol:

11) Kudos to Stroud, Greer and Poz.

12) Two penalties for 12 men on the field? Guilty as charged, but Mangini spent virtually the entire game on the playing field. Does the 12 man rule exclude beached whales?

13) NE is now a must win game. I hope that Jauron can keep this team from quitting after this disgrace.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time, I think I agree with everything.

Well, almost everything -- I didn't think that Stroud had a particularly good game.

Anyone else want to disagree with the decision to give Jauron a three-year extension this early in the season? Since the extension, he has been outcoached terribly by a rookie HC and a bonafide nitwit.

And blame must be placed at Trent's feet today. So many points left on the board and some gift-wrapped for the opposition. This team is not explosive enough to be making careless mistakes with the football. In the last two weeks, Trent has looked abysmal protecting the ball which used to be his best trait.

Sucks to be a fan today...

Bill, I am amazed how two people can watch the same game and see something totally different. Props for 3 guys who got run over all day? Sorry. Single coverage on our 6'6" WR? Perfect time to throw to him. Too bad the rookie doesn't know how to fight for a ball. You are wayyyy too generous with the O-line. Every last one of them, including your binky Peters, sucked out loud today.

PTR

Anyone else want to disagree with the decision to give Jauron a three-year extension this early in the season? Since the extension, he has been outcoached terribly by a rookie HC and a bonafide nitwit.

And blame must be placed at Trent's feet today. So many points left on the board and some gift-wrapped for the opposition. This team is not explosive enough to be making careless mistakes with the football. In the last two weeks, Trent has looked abysmal protecting the ball which used to be his best trait.

Sucks to be a fan today...

Can't say that I disagree with any of this.

After two AFCE losses in a row I doubt we W in New England*.

When was the last time Buffalo beat NE in NE?

Has DJ EVER beaten NE?

Look for Bills to get out-coached badly next week.

Bill, I am amazed how two people can watch the same game and see something totally different. Props for 3 guys who got run over all day? Sorry. Single coverage on our 6'6" WR? Perfect time to throw to him. Too bad the rookie doesn't know how to fight for a ball. You are wayyyy too generous with the O-line. Every last one of them, including your binky Peters, sucked out loud today.

PTR

It was the whole offense that was the problem. There were several plays where Trent had time, and he screwed it up. Then, when they'd go for it on 4th and 1, the o-line wouldn't get a push.

Where were the LBs today? Outside of Poz making a couple plays, there was NOTHING from them. The d-line had issues too, but the LBs sure didn't do anything.

The *only* unit on the team that I thought had an ok day was the CBs.

Oh, and Derek Fine, Lee Evans, and Roscoe Parrish had decent games too. Hopefully this was the coming out party for Fine!

It was the whole offense that was the problem. There were several plays where Trent had time, and he screwed it up. Then, when they'd go for it on 4th and 1, the o-line wouldn't get a push.

Where were the LBs today? Outside of Poz making a couple plays, there was NOTHING from them. The d-line had issues too, but the LBs sure didn't do anything.

Oh, and Derek Fine, Lee Evans, and Roscoe Parrish had decent games too. Hopefully this was the coming out party for Fine!

I was very impressed with Fine but the dropoff from Reed to Hardy is extremely considerable. We need #82 back on the field.

The Jets drop extra players into coverage because they know the Bills won't run. That's why Trent is holding the ball longer. I can't stress enough the lack of a run game, thanks to the O-line, is crippling this team.

PTR

1) WTF was Jauron thinking when he challenged the reception? There was no chance of the play being overturned, and that was our last timeout.

2) I am not going to start a poll, but how many of you are getting an upset stomach watching Kyle Williams get his ass beat?

3) This might make no sense, but Mckelvin looks bad even when his reurns result in decent yardage. I know that he is young and I am grasping at straws, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to see some production of Jauron's little prodigy. Maybe it's me.

4) Over the years, I have made some not so strong attempts to defend Kelsay. I am here to say that I am sorry about that. He is small, weak and now he is even slow. He isn't good at any phase of his position.

5) Dockery looked like a very average Guard today. Maybe that's what he is, average. Preston was a disgrace. Whittle? At the end of the game I wasn't sure if he was laying there hurt, or he passed out in shock because someone mentioned the possibility of successfully blocking his opponent.

6) When you are outcoached by Mangini (who is a freaking nitwit), you are either second rate, or having a very bad day. You be the judge. In the credit where it's due department, I bet that Jauron looks better at shaking the winning coaches hands than any other head coach in the NFL. He sure has enough practice.

7) No excuses for the picks by Trent. On the first one, they absolutely had to come away with points. On the last one, it was a dumb time to go to Hardy.

8) Jauron will win you some games with his bend but don't break b.s., but chalk up this loss to the Jauron philosophy. Non-impact 1st round defensive backs, and weak lines.

9) Back to Kelsay.....Denney and Kelsay were just so bad today that it hardly mattered at all that they were on the field. There was no chance of them containing their sides. I swear, after one particular play it looked like K. Williams was getting pissed, and he is so-so at best. Good God! :wallbash:

10) OK, the running backs coach needs to teach these guys to hold onto screen passes that are right in their f :thumbdown: ing hands. I mean seriously, wtf is going on with this? :lol:

11) Kudos to Stroud, Greer and Poz.

12) Two penalties for 12 men on the field? Guilty as charged, but Mangini spent virtually the entire game on the playing field. Does the 12 man rule exclude beached whales?

13) NE is now a must win game. I hope that Jauron can keep this team from quitting after this disgrace.

3) I can't say it any better than, McKelvin is just *blah* on KOs. Prefers to run into people when he has the option of hitting a hole. Why the hell is April not exploring other options?

4) and 9) There was no pass rush besides a couple of plays where CBs had coverage. The usual whiffs by our DEs --- should-be 10-yard losses turned into 20-yard gains; this happens at least two-three times per game. Even when the guy was at Favre's feet and had him in his grasp, throw, catch, ~20 yards. There's not even the trade-off of 'No pass rush, but we're stopping the run.' Seriously, there was a play in the first half where two defenders rushed head-on toward the end zone when Favre was to their left and no one was between. Favre is Favre and they're going to put up points b/c the NFL rules are so skewed in favor of the offenses, but getting non-production from our 'high motor' guys is criminal for the money they get. Don't think it'll get better even with a healthy Schoebel, and it's starting to be even more apparent that the only reason he got sacks was because we had shutdown corners that we don't have any more.

7) Plus, if Trent doesn't take those sacks, Lindell doesn't miss and makes it a whole different scenario with our last possession.

Offense had lots of good things going. Not much of a running game, but they were moving the ball. Just, a few critical plays (turnovers) made the difference. If Roscoe doesn't slip, it might not have been an INT or at least it doesn't go for 7.

Fumbles and penalties continuing to be a problem. Peters standing around like a piece of furniture on Trent's sack & fumble. Honestly, I think he's dogging it --- or, rather, not giving it his all --- b/c of his contract stuff. Dude pissed away lots, came in unprepared and is playing uninspired.

11) Greer had a great game today. GMs have seen what he's done for the last two seasons and he's going to get big money in UFA.

Derek Fine was a bright spot today. If he can block even halfway decent, he's already better than any TE we've had since Reimersma.

The Jets drop extra players into coverage because they know the Bills won't run. That's why Trent is holding the ball longer. I can't stress enough the lack of a run game, thanks to the O-line, is crippling this team.

PTR

Indeed, but I distinctly remember a few plays where Trent had time and on the replay, there were open receivers, but he didn't find them.

PTR

Stop it Promo. The pass to Hardy was 5 yards short. Horrible throw.

PTR

I don't think there is a darned thing wrong with the O-line. They're simply outnumbered. Teams know when we're running and who's gonna run more often then not. 5-6 guys cannot block 8 very well especially when so many defenders are concentrated at the hole. Teams know what we're doing. We're making it too easy for them.

One last thing. I don't think Jenkins can be blocked. The guy's a beast. Might be a good idea to run away from him.

The middle collapsed time and again on passing downs. Peters had the blindside sewed up, but I can't especially praise his game because they were unable to run.

Why didn't they double Jenkins? I saw plenty of 3 man rushes where Jenkins would bury the center and the guards would just be standing there grabbing their nads. If anything the guy should have been tripled.