A Few Thoughts About The Game

McKelvin is the least of the Bills problems. Revis who was picked almost at the same spot a year ago took a year to progress into a NFL caliber player....McKelvin has apretty good shot at it too.

Wait a second - by mid-last season, Revis was starting, and by the end of the season, he was actually good.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a second - by mid-last season, Revis was starting, and by the end of the season, he was actually good.

He also seemed to come on every corner blitz the Jets ran against Buffalo last season.

I think the Jets just trusted Revis more last year. They almost had to with guys like Hank Poteat.

McKelvin is playing behind three decent corners on that roster. He would not make the difference at CB anyway this season. The only way the CB's can be more successful is if the front seven could get to the QB. And we know how that's going.

He also seemed to come on every corner blitz the Jets ran against Buffalo last season.

I think the Jets just trusted Revis more last year. They almost had to with guys like Hank Poteat.

McKelvin is playing behind three decent corners on that roster. He would not make the difference at CB anyway this season. The only way the CB's can be more successful is if the front seven could get to the QB. And we know how that's going.

They trusted him more because began to play pretty well. On my TV screen, he looks faster and more explosive than McKelvin too. I'm not saying McKelvin's a bust, of course, but he hasn't looked good when he has played. Maybe he'll improve quickly.

They trusted him more because began to play pretty well. On my TV screen, he looks faster and more explosive than McKelvin too. I'm not saying McKelvin's a bust, of course, but he hasn't looked good when he has played. Maybe he'll improve quickly.

I think McKelvin may very well be a decent CB in time but his learning curve is going to be a bit longer than most...It seems to me like he's REALLY struggling out there with His instincts and opposing Offenses know it...They are not going to give him chances to make athletic plays on the Ball...They are going to continue to try and confuse him and get into his head with easy completions that Vet CB's may jump every now and again for a Pick-6...It's all in McKelvin's head if you ask Me...He has the ability...He's just going to need a LOT more experience...I think right now he's out there wondering what the heck is going to go wrong next...That is death for an NFL Corner... :thumbsup: