A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) Say what you will about Elison, but he was all over the field. In fact, I would think he was our best defender today.

2) Get well #94. The pass rush was a literal disgrace.

3) Peters did give up the sack, but overall, the blind side was pretty well protected. Even on the sack, Dockery was sleeping. Btw, Dockery never played a worse game as a member of the Buffalo Bills. He was absolutely brutal to watch.

4) A disaster like this is exactly what made the San Diego win so important. See.....there is some good news.

5) I understand why they started Mcgee, I really do. You hate to start a rookie on the road, in a divisional game. OK.....I get it. But, at some point you need to get him off of the field when he is getting absolutely f :beer: ing murdered on virtually every play. I mean....WTF!!?? Oh yeah, Jauron was out-coached today.

6) Robert Royal is playing his way off of this team. Not this year mind you, but I will be shocked to see him in Buffalo next year. Forgive me if I shed no tears.

7) McKelvin is killing me on kickoff returns. He either trots, or runs smack into a defender.

8) Trent looked a bit late on a few of his passes today, but I think that he threw pretty well overall.

9) Hard to tell, but I thought that Marshawn had an open field, or at least a ton of room when he dropped the pass in stride, right in his hands.

10) Before Whitner was flattened by Chad Pennington, he did a good job of stringing out the play. I hope he is pissed off, embarrassed, and has a great game next week. We need him to take over a game.

11) Losing Josh Reed really hurts. Hardy needs more work, and Parrish is more of a gimmick player than a legit #2 wideout. Sorry, it's the truth.

12) Yeah, this sucked, but a win next week would go far to erase this nightmare.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12) Yeah, this sucked, but a win next week would go far to erase this nightmare.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A message of hope, in what will surely be a dark and gloomy night on TSW? How dare you!

I find it amusing that a rookie HC and former OL coach outcoached DJ. The latter gets his extension, and promptly goes out and lays an egg. Guess Parcells does know what he's doing with a HC.

I can't get over running three plays near the goal line in the first half. So much for that imaginative WCO that Schonert talked about. How does the 27th ranked pass defense play that well against us? Or is it scheme?

The (Edit: secondary) with all those draft picks and inheriting Greer and McGee, plain stunk. DJ obviously will not start rookies in Corner and McKelvin even with an injured CB in McGee. We draft a guy in the first and fourth, yet they're not ready to play half way through the season.

Overall, the conservative gameplan mindset is alive and well. We've learned that no matter what, DJ will not adjust, but rather try to out-execute other teams. He lives and dies by it, and in his career it's proven more of the latter.

Bill, was there any D pressure at all? Either run or pass? Was it a case of why run when you can pass to Ginn until tired. Williams, Stroud, Denney, Kelsay, Bryan all filled in the end of the defensive stats. What can this d-line do to get more production?

1) Say what you will about Elison, but he was all over the field. In fact, I would think he was our best defender today.

3) Peters did give up the sack, but overall, the blind side was pretty well protected. Even on the sack, Dockery was sleeping. Btw, Dockery never played a worse game as a member of the Buffalo Bills. He was absolutely brutal to watch.

4) A disaster like this is exactly what made the San Diego win so important. See.....there is some good news.

5) I understand why they started Mcgee, I really do. You hate to start a rookie on the road, in a divisional game. OK.....I get it. But, at some point you need to get him off of the field when he is getting absolutely f :beer: ing murdered on virtually every play. I mean....WTF!!?? Oh yeah, Jauron was out-coached today.

6) Robert Royal is playing his way off of this team. Not this year mind you, but I will be shocked to see him in Buffalo next year. Forgive me if I shed no tears.

7) McKelvin is killing me on kickoff returns. He either trots, or runs smack into a defender.

8) Trent looked a bit late on a few of his passes today, but I think that he threw pretty well overall.

9) Hard to tell, but I thought that Marshawn had an open field, or at least a ton of room when he dropped the pass in stride, right in his hands.

10) Before Whitner was flattened by Chad Pennington, he did a good job of stringing out the play. I hope he is pissed off, embarrassed, and has a great game next week. We need him to take over a game.

11) Losing Josh Reed really hurts. Hardy needs more work, and Parrish is more of a gimmick player than a legit #2 wideout. Sorry, it's the truth.

2. I agree. It'll be a welcome sight to see #94 playing again.

5. I thought the same thing throughout the game. It was obvious that he was just not the same player. No way should McGee have been out there that much given the way he was being abused.

6. Agreed. Not sure we gain anything by cutting him now, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. 52 players +Royal or 52 players +anyone = What's the difference?

7. Agreed. I no longer look forward to our kickoff returns.

8. As I said in another post. Trent had a bad game. No way around it. In no way do I suggest he be benched. But, I think it healthy to acknowledge that he is fallible. I'm sure he'll rebound quite nicely next week.

9. At the time I thought... that was huge! It was a perfectly executed screen. He had 4 blockers and a lot of open field. We went from a huge gain to a punt just like that. Story of the game I guess.

11. Get well Josh.

Bill, was there any D pressure at all? Either run or pass? Was it a case of why run when you can pass to Ginn until tired. Williams, Stroud, Denney, Kelsay, Bryan all filled in the end of the defensive stats. What can this d-line do to get more production?

Everything mentioned above is irrelevant.

When your last four offensive possessions = 2 Fumbles, 1 int, and 1 safety, you're not putting yourself in any position to win. None of these mis-haps were a result of bad coaching. Rather, they are factors in the game which make just about every other statistic moot.

Turnovers change every game.

I find it amusing that a rookie HC and former OL coach outcoached DJ. The latter gets his extension, and promptly goes out and lays an egg. Guess Parcells does know what he's doing with a HC.

I can't get over running three plays near the goal line in the first half. So much for that imaginative WCO that Schonert talked about. How does the 27th ranked pass defense play that well against us? Or is it scheme?

The (Edit: secondary) with all those draft picks and inheriting Greer and McGee, plain stunk. DJ obviously will not start rookies in Corner and McKelvin even with an injured CB in McGee. We draft a guy in the first and fourth, yet they're not ready to play half way through the season.

Overall, the conservative gameplan mindset is alive and well. We've learned that no matter what, DJ will not adjust, but rather try to out-execute other teams. He lives and dies by it, and in his career it's proven more of the latter.

Turk's playcalling gets more vanilla with each week. Lets see some imagination.

Appears true.

Gotta disagree regarding Peters. You've got your blinders on. His run blocking was horrid and he got beat at a critical time.

He's fat and slow.

1. I would of rather of had McKelvin in and blitzed Pennington, than Mcgee in a soft zone. I hate getting picked apart on crappy little passes.

2. The offense ran when they should passed and passed when they should of ran. Too many second and long which Miami then brought in a nickel or dime defense.

3. There are NO big play makers on defense. This team needs a Stud pass rusher or a big play linebacker.

4. The team switches running backs to much. Keep one in until he is gassed, then bring in the other.

8. As I said in another post. Trent had a bad game. No way around it. In no way do I suggest he be benched. But, I think it healthy to acknowledge that he is fallible. I'm sure he'll rebound quite nicely next week.

He didn't play so well overall, but I refuse to back the "excuse truck" into the loading dock.

Believe it or not, I thought that he had more zip on some of his throws today but again, a couple of them were late.

At his experience level, he is more than entitled to an off day. Trent Edwards is truly the least of the Bufalo Bills Football Team's worries.

Everything mentioned above is irrelevant.

When your last four offensive possessions = 2 Fumbles, 1 int, and 1 safety, you're not putting yourself in any position to win. None of these mis-haps were a result of bad coaching. Rather, they are factors in the game which make just about every other statistic moot.

Turnovers change every game.

My brother said, and I'd have to agree, that he puts the safety on the coaching staff to a large degree. Where was the running game? Why the panic and the pass-pass-pass mindset?

get well #94???? the passrush was worse with him IN THERE!!

He didn't play so well overall, but I refuse to back the "excuse truck" into the loading dock.

Believe it or not, I thought that he had more zip on some of his throws today but again, a couple of them were late.

At his experience level, he is more than entitled to an off day. Trent Edwards is truly the least of the Bufalo Bills Football Team's worries.

I completely agree with you. Don't take my comments as a knock on him. We have serious problems running the ball with any consistency and why we can't cover better is beyond me. But, Trent missed a few throws early. To his credit he seemed to settle down, but then Miami got the pressure on him and forced a few mistakes. No way do I lay this loss squarely at his feet or suggest he shouldn't start. But, I stand by my early comment - Trent had a bad day.

Turk's playcalling gets more vanilla with each week. Lets see some imagination.

With the offense stalling today, I'm starting to wonder whether it was Fairchild who was terrible, or a team effort between HC and OC.

The defensive game plan was unimaginative, and victimized repeatedly by short routes that our soft zone is, well, soft defending.

I agree with you pretty much across the board. I could envision Royal staying on as a blocking TE, but with three dropped passes, plus that catch+fumble, he's shown once again that he's not the answer as a pass catching TE. The offensive line turned in yet another extremely disappointing pass protection performance. No pass protection + no Josh Reed + Buffalo receivers getting outplayed by the Miami secondary + pathetic Royal performance + questionable play calling = a tough situation in which to put Trent.

The Bills are a better team than they appeared to be today. But clearly there are upgrades that need to be made, on the offensive line, pass catching TE, and defensive line, before this will be a top tier team. Let's hope for the best this year, and for those needs to be filled in the 2009 off season!

The second I saw Marshawn yucking it up after his TD, I knew we were in trouble. This team is so full of itself it's astounding. These jokers think they actually WON something at 5-1, huh? OK, how's 5-2 looking, tied with Andrew Cassel's team? Buncha dicks out there today, from the coaches on down to each and every player. Dicks.